PDA

View Full Version : Interrupt (yes PPU nerf thread)

FarSight
06-01-06, 11:12
OK simple idea ... in all (mayby not all but most) other rpg games spell casters can fail spell if they are under attack when casting. In other words lets make another factor for failing spell cast. Now PPU can stand still being spamed by 2 CS tank's and can cast all he needs (d/s/primes/h) and even got some fun with para them ...
Dunno what mechanics should be implemented:
- each hit when casting = 10% (or 5% or 1% dunno exact number) chance to fail, accumulating through casting process so if sm1 hit a PPU 10 times when he is casting Holy Shelter he will fail for sure (10% for each hit , 10 hits = 100% fail) or he will got 50% chance to fail (5% per hit) numbers are examples dunno how much hits PPU gets per cast time in combat sitiuations (now prolly 0 hits bcuz no1 bother even to hit him)
- we got useless pointsink called MST ... change MST to a normal skill affecting failure chance in combat (it even got good name to this :D) and make it so hard to cap that if PPU wants get 100% succes rate he will not be able to use Holys (to low on PPU skill points) but he will need to stick in blessed spells with 100% succes rate

Now ... like in any normal game ... best damage dealers (APU/Tank) should be able to kill PPU in 2 min max (when holys d/s wears off or even faster with MST mechanic and only Blessed d/s), of coz PPU will be able to retreat if he was buffed but its cool

PS. Spell failure chance should NOT affect APU attack modules but should affect all antibuff modules (so with % failure mechanics antibuffs can fail like s/d and with MST way APU who want to got 100% chance to cast antibuffs cant use HL and HB because of too low APU points). Why that ??? 100% success rate on antibuffs with some failure chances on buffs will lead to PPU being useless

PS2. Dunno about heals ....

SorkZmok
06-01-06, 11:24
I doubt KK would ever implement this seeing they put in the silent cast shit where you can runcast every spell without failing. They never said anything official about fixing it since. Well, except for "It's not an exploit." o_O

Now every idiot does it. Pretty much impossible to stop a clipping ppu. :mad:

ZoVoS
06-01-06, 16:18
sutpid idea... sorrry i hate bringing ppu ideas down but

2 tanks with speed gats/cs's depending on if there going for shelter or deflector... every module fails ppu dead.

pps can nolonger rez. erm. anybody

basicaly 2 tanks with speed gats/caped cs kills everything as there con is best and nobody can cast there ppu advantage against the tanks because there massive rounds per min

Bugs Gunny
06-01-06, 16:22
I said i'd KOS everyone who started another nerf the ppu thread.

Gimme your ingame names pls and we can get this sorted.

Dromidas
06-01-06, 16:22
Terrible idea. Don't suggest neocron make the same mistake as SWG. PPUs aren't the problem, what PPUs do for other classes is the problem.
Anything that greatly affects the PPU class directly is a very bad idea. As I suggested in another thread, just limit the max stat boost other classes can receive from ppu buffs based on the classes inherant resist stats (tanks able to receive more resist from ppu buffs than apu, for example)

ZoVoS
06-01-06, 16:25

his name is sniper~

( hehe now go kill that fucker for blowing up my 4X4 :angel: )

Bugs Gunny
06-01-06, 16:30
LOOOOOOOL

I recall a fight where i had suicidal feelings outside of mb and went in against an apu-ppu-tank team. Ended up selling the ppu's 5 slot holy heal to yo's for fraps footage. He didn't believe i realy did it.

So i think that's taken care of allready :angel:

ZoVoS
06-01-06, 16:37
LOOOOOOOL

I recall a fight where i had suicidal feelings outside of mb and went in against an apu-ppu-tank team. Ended up selling the ppu's 5 slot holy heal to yo's for fraps footage. He didn't believe i realy did it.

So i think that's taken care of allready :angel:

gora love it when everybody hears about how great apu ppu teams are but have no idea how to play em (im saying that because i asume a GOOD apu ppu team would have wasted u soz bugz) how an apu ppu could ever lose against a lone pe confuses the hell out of me =]

every time u start mooving fast u should have been glued to the groud. every time ur db is removed it should have been put back on =\

Bugs Gunny
06-01-06, 16:55
The tank went down first, he never got the holy heal.
Then nibheal on the apu and bd, as the ppu was too bussy paraspamming to look at his apu much.
Then i turned around, took para off, dbed the ppu, nibhealed and .... oh wonder.. his shelter was off :-)

But yes, any decent apu-ppu team will kill me easy.

RogerRamjet
06-01-06, 17:20
They tried the run cast nerf already.

It had terrible results.

Scanner Darkly
06-01-06, 17:24
They tried the run cast nerf already.

It had terrible results.

Yep, (if that's what it was) let's not go back to those dark days again.

Let's face it, any changes KK make in respect to the monk problem, will alienate at least some members of this community, as everyone has their own BRILLIANT (!!!1) ideas on how to solve this. Including my very own half baked ones (I had a fever and was confused).

Thusly, I think they are more worried about bug fixing and tarting up their game and keeping the status quo.

John Wu
06-01-06, 21:29

I say we can't have enough of these threads, even if I dont agree with all of the ideas.

flood the forum with them. make one every day. every hour. maybe KK will notice we care, one day.

my ingame name: John Wu, german server. bring it on :D

edit: scanner, I always hear how ppl will leave neocron if KK changes something about monks. what about the people that left because nothing changes?