PDA

View Full Version : ppu nerf on german forum

ZoVoS
06-01-06, 06:28
i cant read german to well. =\

can nebody tell me if they are always asking for a ppu nerf on the german forum 2? or is it only us english speakers

Cadgar
06-01-06, 07:27
sometimes....but i guess only 2 threads a month or so... not like in the english forum 5 threads a day :)

SorkZmok
06-01-06, 07:34
Not that often actually.

Quite a few people on the german forums think that nerfing PPUs would just lead to people bringing even more PPUs to support attackers. What in my opinion is complete bullshit.
And it's even worse with PPUs on mars i gotta say. At least from what i've experienced so far. (Been leveling a tank there over the last few weeks)

RogerRamjet
06-01-06, 10:21
Not that often actually.

Quite a few people on the german forums think that nerfing PPUs would just lead to people bringing even more PPUs to support attackers. What in my opinion is complete bullshit.
And it's even worse with PPUs on mars i gotta say. At least from what i've experienced so far. (Been leveling a tank there over the last few weeks)

Yeh its awful there. All i see at MB is APU/PPU teams, with the occaisonal tank or soy thrown in.

ZoVoS
06-01-06, 15:49
k... its just wer say the entier comunity hates em... but to be fair 50%+ ar ZE GERMANS and if they all go apu ppu there not gona hate em now are they =\

Torg
06-01-06, 20:20
let me tell you that the german forum is showing a very similar picture: on one side you got the dedicated monk-haters, calling for a removal or at least a damn nerf of monks, on the other side you have the silent majority of monk-players. remove them and neocron is dead. so: what are we going to do, or at least tell KK what we'd want them to do?

John Wu
06-01-06, 21:20
the reason why you see mostly monkey teams is simple: they're the most effective. someone who plays a monkey does not automatically have to think they are balanced at all, or enjoy playing one - maybe he just wants to be competitive. (silent majority my ass)

Torg: you think balancing neocron (so you are not forced to play a monkey if you want to be competetive in PvP) will be its death? I think the exact opposite is true: one (if not the main) reason why neocron has the fucking low server population it has is the unbalanced gameplay.

by the way, most people I know on mars acknowledge there is a problem with ppus (and because of this also with apus).

elGringo
06-01-06, 21:46
There is a PPU problem without a doubt... and since the gamebalance is not dependent on the language setting, it's fubared for zeh ebil germans as well ;)

My mainchar has been pure PPU for most of the time (currently apu hybrid ...before you start the rant: a PvE setup :p) and I like the PPU class very much obviously. The Problem with them anti-monk whines is that ppl take it too far in 9/10 suggested "fixes". Instead of fixing something they ask for a nerf/removal that would destroy the class rather than aiming for a solution that improves gameplay for ALL involved parties.
Callash and Carbonite once came up with an official approach/brainstorm ...too bad their ideas weren't exactly helpful. Callash is gone and I havent seen anything about it from Carb 'til today... their approach to find a proper solution ran silent and I'd be suprised if it ever shows up.
There have been more than enough threads about this issue and almost every suggestion that could be made has been made already. (I've made one as well of course :D ...and I still think that it would ease the situation, although I wouldnt remove para anymore ..as this is not really a monk issue but a gameplay feature that needs lil tweaking to be a fun(!) addon rather than the pita it is currently :) ) (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1917506&postcount=32)

/edith: DJ... pay your webhost please !!! :p

Dribble Joy
06-01-06, 21:51
I don't want a nerf, nor do I hate monks, but I do want a complete rework/rethink of what a PPU is and what it should do to other players.

Torg
07-01-06, 13:33
Torg: you think balancing neocron will be its death? ok. just to make things clear:
there is a huge problem with ppus and their effects on game balance in NC. i have started numerous threads on this, posted lots of answers. atm the situation allows people without lots of fps-experience taking part in combat. at the expense of all other players and creating a near-exploit-scenario: the ppu-powers have come to an extent where resists and armour are neglectible. holy buffs and holy heal will do the trick, resurrection and freeze will care for all questions left open. an experienced player is nearly forced into a monk char. there is no cyberpunk going on any more in Neocron. it's come down to elves. and yes, there is a silent majority of NC players who prefer playing a monk in NC over some stupid char-class in WoW. the question is: how can we make NC a cyberpunk world again without loosing all point-and-click-players (and thus killing the game)? do you want to make all char classes point and click? do you want to introduce a second ppu class based on electronics (the defensive spy, be sure to hear more from me on that subject)?

yes, i really love ranting about "elves", but the real question here is: how can we balance point-and-click vs. FPS, as both ways of playing are present in NC?

giga191
07-01-06, 17:59
nerf (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=nerf)

i've said this a million times but if you just remove at least of the PPUs abilities then bringing more PPUs would not help and would lead to less PPUs

Take your pick from: rezz, heal, sd, prime, para+db.

Para db is the obvious choice since it doesn't affect PVM and it would get rid of para and then maybe we will see some PEs in op wars

John Wu
07-01-06, 19:40
and yes, there is a silent majority of NC players who prefer playing a monk in NC over some stupid char-class in WoW.
again that is an assumption of yours, and nothing more. what has got WoW to do with this shit?

most people play monks because they're the most effective class. nothing more.

why don't we include an aimbot into neocron for those who don't even manage point&click? we surely dont want them to leave because they always lose in fights, do we?

sultana
09-01-06, 05:33
although I wouldnt remove para anymore ..as this is not really a monk issue but a gameplay feature that needs lil tweaking to be a fun(!) addon rather than the pita it is currently :)
Parashock can never be "fun" :rolleyes:

ZoVoS
09-01-06, 05:42
Parashock can never be "fun" :rolleyes:

i duno

it would be fun if it was increased to 3X as much but only lasted a second

running like mad
FUCK stuck

Running like mad again

onero S
09-01-06, 05:44
i duno

it would be fun if it was increased to 3X as much but only lasted a second

running like mad
FUCK stuck

Running like mad again

lol that would be wicked fun, 200 psi cost, freq cap at 52 a min, compleatly frezes you in place for .5 of a second

helps reduce zone whoring and para spam (since using this at a non critical time would be a waste)