PDA

View Full Version : Newb looking into this game!

Delirius
05-01-06, 22:10
Hey, i've been playing Project Entropia(www.project-entropia.com) the latest two years and now i've finally tired out and is looking for something with more action! Think i've found it in Neocron 2...

I was thinking of being a Spy (always wanted to sneak and also be able to drive something in an mmorpg) and in my profession i want to be an infiltrator, because they're ideal for Spy's and they get to handle all these big-ass technological wonders. :cool:

I've heard you've spoken alot about several fractrions to start at and i was thinking of joining Tangent because of their tech-cooperation AND you get one of those luxurious Villa Rossa aps! :p

Please tip me if the Neocron main site's guides fooled me in some way and i know you will cause i've seen how you help newbies and i'm looking forward to seeing you in game and bring some of my Project-Entropia stories with me :)

Dundie22
05-01-06, 22:14
Good luck with the payment. ;)

Delirius
05-01-06, 22:55
:eek: *stretching for the uninstall button* :eek:

Superbron
05-01-06, 22:57
I should start with Biotech. This faction also has the starters app in Viarosso. The epic award of Biotech is a very nice to have implant. Afterwards you can switch to Protopharma and NEXT for their nice epic awards. Welcome to the world of Neocron.

Delirius
05-01-06, 23:09
Protopharma? So you can just change fraction(or is it a clan "hmm") from BioTech to ProtoPharma?

Ok, some more Q's :)
1st:Is the changing of fractions a special trait amongst more sneaky classes and professions(PA, Spy/Infiltrator, Inquisitor, Assassin) or can anyone change fraction. O_o

2nd does changing a fraction have any backsidesother then having new enemies and cranky ex-friends?So to say,is there something which discourages the players of Neocron to changing fraction like the doom is near, or have your community found ways to prevent this over time. :cool:

Once again, thank you for the answers and i hope i'm wealthy enough to join you :D

Mr Kot
05-01-06, 23:36
Anybody can change faction in game to any other faction they please, subject to conditions.

These conditions are: You must have 50 sympathy (loyalty points) with the faction you wish to join. You must pay 300,000 nc to the Human Resources Director of that faction. Call it a joining fee if you like.. and no, you can't pay by instalments :p You must physically approach the necessary contact in the faction's headquarters to satisfy these conditions, so you must survive the guards within this HQ. Easy if you allied or neutral, more challenging if you are hostile to the faction before joining. This game is all about teamwork and co-operation. Get help.

Yes, each new faction will have its own set of friends and enemies, but enemies are more on each side of this "horde/alliance" type divide. You can be one of the pro-Neocron factions, pro-Dome of York (anti-nc) or City Mercs, who are neutral to both. Each side has its own advantages and disadvantages. Also note that although City Mercs sounds an "easy way out" of making this decision, it says on the faction selection screen at startup that "this faction is only recommended for experienced players". You have been warned :p

Superbron has already given you good advice about which faction has the more useful epic rewards. Remember that you can always reroll your character and start again if you feel things aren't working out in your faction. Tangent is pretty cool though, and with the current political climate on Terra server, it seems to be the "up and coming" faction. There are a lot of Tangent clans that are growing bigger and stronger by the day. Tangent's epic reward is a choice of nice laser pistol or rifle or cannon.

Delirius
05-01-06, 23:54
Anybody can change faction in game to any other faction they please, subject to conditions.

These conditions are: You must have 50 sympathy (loyalty points) with the faction you wish to join. You must pay 300,000 nc to the Human Resources Director of that faction. Call it a joining fee if you like.. and no, you can't pay by instalments :p You must physically approach the necessary contact in the faction's headquarters to satisfy these conditions, so you must survive the guards within this HQ. Easy if you allied or neutral, more challenging if you are hostile to the faction before joining. This game is all about teamwork and co-operation. Get help.

Yes, each new faction will have its own set of friends and enemies, but enemies are more on each side of this "horde/alliance" type divide. You can be one of the pro-Neocron factions, pro-Dome of York (anti-nc) or City Mercs, who are neutral to both. Each side has its own advantages and disadvantages. Also note that although City Mercs sounds an "easy way out" of making this decision, it says on the faction selection screen at startup that "this faction is only recommended for experienced players". You have been warned :p

Superbron has already given you good advice about which faction has the more useful epic rewards. Remember that you can always reroll your character and start again if you feel things aren't working out in your faction. Tangent is pretty cool though, and with the current political climate on Terra server, it seems to be the "up and coming" faction. There are a lot of Tangent clans that are growing bigger and stronger by the day. Tangent's epic reward is a choice of nice laser pistol or rifle or cannon.

K, good info you got there i must say. Ok, now i know what to do and what to delete or run from and i've understood your answer. Now, are Protopharma and Tangent ancient enemies or can i do it like this: Get the Gun from laser and then join Proto to get hold of that lovely chip you mentioned :P

Now that would be a good mix, cause i'd rather be more agile when it comes to PSI powers. If they may fail me i always have my stealth ability and then pick out my pretty gun and make a lovely hole in that bastard coming at me ;)

One more Q!:D
Does this gun have a sniperfunction cause i wouldn't want to save up the chickening from joining a rivaling faction(you could always have some fun making people run a couple of 100's of meters infront'a ya*dance b***h, dance i say!) :D

Don't worry about me not knowing of faction rivalries, i'll check on the main page or the forum-guides *thanks*

Delirius
06-01-06, 00:13
Is it alright if I "bump" here? :D
Aww damn, damage done...oh well...now when it's cleared:
BUMPBUMPBUMP!
*Aaaah, much better* :o

Tratos
06-01-06, 01:37
Is it alright if I "bump" here? :D
Aww damn, damage done...oh well...now when it's cleared:
BUMPBUMPBUMP!
*Aaaah, much better* :o

Yeah, keep going the way you are and you wont get a chance to further your excessive posting about your payment woes.

Aisynia
06-01-06, 02:57
Ya, you don't have to bump stuff on boards which are so slow.

Mr Kot
06-01-06, 03:23
can i do it like this: Get the Gun from laser and then join Proto to get hold of that lovely chip you mentioned :PYes.

If you want to swap between faction on the same alliance (i.e. any Neocron faction), that's fine. Get the epic reward, do the grind for the 50 symp, pay your 300k and no-one will ask any questions. Many people like faction hopping to get all the epic rewards. There was a rumour in NC1 that those who completed epics for all factions would became a "Neocron Paladin" with a matching tag for all to see. Sadly, this never came about.

Does this gun have a sniperfunction cause i wouldn't want to save up the chickening from joining a rivaling faction(you could always have some fun making people run a couple of 100's of meters infront'a ya*dance b***h, dance i say!) :DAll laser weapons made by tangent have a long range. Hell you can even snipe with the pistol to a degree :p If you choose to go rifle, then pick the laser rifle as the epic reward. It has a suberb range and you can even mod it with a scope if you wish. For the ultimate in sniper weapons, you may want to try the range of sniper rifles that come with built in scope. The "Tangent Commando Sniper Rifle" is a nice piece of kit when you get high enough level to use it. If you're really lucky and collect many rare parts dropped by mobs in the wastelands, you may be able to make yourself the rare "Silent Hunter".

If you want a taster of how good sniper rifles are, choose "Assassin" as your profession and run the Mr Jones starter mission. You get a newb sniper rifle as a reward that you can play with and decide if you want to continue to use its "bigger brothers" later on. :)

Delirius
06-01-06, 12:08
I'm sorry for bumping the forum guys. One of my first bumps so i'm a bit untrained in the area ;)

I have no former record of this so don't you worry :)
[Edit] And once again, ty Mr Kot.

Bugs Gunny
06-01-06, 12:21
To do the epics you're better off making an infiltrator private eye, they level up faster.

Delirius
06-01-06, 12:33
Yes, but i will try spy first, the one thing i mostly want in this game is the ability to sneak, therefore is spy the ideal choice. TY, i will start with the spy but i might also be looking in the PE thingy if i don't like what i see ;)

And also, slow learning triggers long memory of what you've learned, which makes me learn more because i'll have to stay at one point longer then PE. :rolleyes:

I think PE's for those who've already been playing this game once and need a fast entrance to the higher levels to join their companions. :cool:

As many of you've said, this is a game where you have to be good at PvP. I'm not that good at FPS-PvP (been playing BF2 some months) and therefore it's crucial for me to sip up every inch of info to be as informed as you are. ;)

Bugs Gunny
06-01-06, 12:37
Actualy we suggest to all new players to start with a pe, since they are most versatile, they can also sneak.

Delirius
06-01-06, 21:42
Roger that, i'll try it

Delirius
06-01-06, 22:46
*Sorry for doubleposting but i was out to late when it came to editing content to my last reply :D *

[Edit] Now let's get this straight and summed up in one or two shards of 1 piece! ;)

Ok, as i've heard you and your tips i've decided to go enter and end like this:

I start off with a PE as an Infiltrator in the Tangent industries (want that laser rifle *droolz*) and then continue on to Protopharma where the epic is a powerful implant (might need some psi while i'm at it) and join the Terra server (more population, and english speaking, eh?)

Hehe, i must do this "plan before enter" thing more often :D

Dribble Joy
06-01-06, 23:17
Planning is good, but exploration should not be discounted.

Delirius
06-01-06, 23:28
Don't you worry. That's more of a problem when it comes to the exploring part...In the games i've often only gone halfway on the skilling part, that's why i'm planning a'bit more often :rolleyes:

Mr Kot
07-01-06, 20:24
I start off with a PE as an Infiltrator in the Tangent industries (want that laser rifle *droolz*) and then continue on to Protopharma where the epic is a powerful implant (might need some psi while i'm at it) and join the Terra server (more population, and english speaking, eh?)
Just one thing that springs to mind with that plan... technically an infiltrator is a pistol user. You will start your character with points in pistol skill (none in rifle) and you will get a newb pistol to start with. This won't be a problem as you can change you startup skillpoints at char creation (i suggest you remove all pistol and put into rifle while making your char as changing points once ingame will cost a lot of time and money). You will need to buy a rifle once ingame to start hunting, as the pistol you will get will be useless. You still have a knife tho to stab things with to earn a little cash. Infiltrators who do the Mr Jones starter mission get a stealth tool - handy for "sneaking" with.

If you choose Assassin, you start with the necessary points in rifle skill - no tweaking needed, you start with a noob rifle - nothing else to buy at the start, you get the newbie sniper rifle as the Mr Jones reward, the only thing you will be left without will be the stealth tool and with no way of getting one other than buying one from other players.

Still you have 4 char slots on Terra, so you could make one of each and drop of the item in a box somewhere for the other char to pick up. It's up to you.

Whiety Bulger
07-01-06, 21:39
start TG learning trial by fire style has always been the best way

Delirius
07-01-06, 22:33
Looked into what you said, Whitey, and checked the epic reward on the TG-corporation.

If i want to be the sneaky-type i'd rather not invite even more enemies to my favorite hiking-spot, therefore i choose the little more stealthier laser-gun for more quiet missions. Yet, if you say it's a quiet grenade i'll look into it. Second thing is that The TG's have less friends in the politics-area, and that would make it a bit harder for me, don't you think?

Mr Kot, I thank you for your info and bare in mind what you've said and hope we will meet one day.

Napalm82
07-01-06, 23:36
When you do get in-game try writing your char name in this thread, that way some of us helpful chaps can give ya a hand.

My clan "GunRunners INC" on Terra manufacture weapons at VERY low prices so we can probably hook you up with something, probably also some free stuff as a welcome gift.

Do note however that we only supply pro-city people and the City Mercs with our special offers, anti-city can not pick stuff from our stocks.

- Nap

Whiety Bulger
08-01-06, 01:14
Looked into what you said, Whitey, and checked the epic reward on the TG-corporation.

If i want to be the sneaky-type i'd rather not invite even more enemies to my favorite hiking-spot, therefore i choose the little more stealthier laser-gun for more quiet missions. Yet, if you say it's a quiet grenade i'll look into it. Second thing is that The TG's have less friends in the politics-area, and that would make it a bit harder for me, don't you think?

Mr Kot, I thank you for your info and bare in mind what you've said and hope we will meet one day.

TG's many enimies is why I chose them. Sure is wasmore dangerousat first but you learn how to survive and protect youyr self....This was all before epic rewards and DoY and all that fancy garbage.

Delirius
08-01-06, 01:53
Mhm, well i might try getting myself killed after i've become a bit more experienced. It sure does make you get a on a rough start, but that doesn't mean i like rough starts. Not all've started in TG and they've ended up quite fine. Don't worry Whitey, i'll do fine.

Thanks for the caring part and see ya in game, mate :cool: