PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of TG ray weapons?

Mr Kot
05-01-06, 20:46
Like the title says... why should we bother now?

They have always been overpriced for the quality you get. Slots are very hard to come by and until evol2.1 the ONLY reason to even give the FSM the time of day has been to admire the pretty red beams for a change.

Now what do we have? Blacksun and Yager's Gaze (formerly Reza's Gaze) are now red. With red beams. I am the proud owner of a 4 slot blacksun which i fully cap. For a while, i have been toying with the idea of getting a TG raypistol for variety more than anything else, but now it occurred to me that they are now exactly the same. Same model, same beam... only really REALLY crap stats. I haven't a hope in hell of fully capping any of them, hell not even a spy with his 100 DEX and INT could hope to cap one fully.

The only teeny-tiny advantage i HAVE noticed with the TG weapons is that if they are fully capped ( and only a ppu buff, a fortress bonus and a crapload of drugs would allow me to compare one like for like ) the max range of the weapon seems to be the same as its rare counterpart. i.e. the TG raypistol has the same max range as the ROLH which is higher than the blacksun. The TG rayrifle has the same max range as a Ray of God which is higher than the yager's gaze. I'm even disappointed with the red swirly that the ROLH and ROG have. Call me old fashioned, but i much preferred the blue wave ;)

So... back to the question.... what's the point? Can the TG FSM now get some new gear to replace what nobody is going to buy now?

Tratos
05-01-06, 21:01
TG should still be the Fusion faction :(

rob444
05-01-06, 21:54
TG should still be the Fusion faction :(

I so agree.

giga191
05-01-06, 21:57
why exactly did they change any ray weapons to red?

Tratos
05-01-06, 22:05
why exactly did they change any ray weapons to red?
I think its because the new ray models are mainly red in design and it was an excuse to bring them all into one uniform appearance.

awkward silence
05-01-06, 22:46
I should have something about this in my sig. Ive also started 2 threads about this matter.

Fix em KK! Please.