PDA

View Full Version : my monk nerf idea

cRazy-
04-01-06, 16:04
Reduce APU damage slightly

Only allow PPU's to cast blessed heal on others, holy heals on themselfs.

kthx.

Kame
04-01-06, 16:16
What about PvM ??

how do you expect ppus to keep you alive in those doy tunnels when they themselves (ppu) drop in 2-3 shots from the doy assault unit ?

should all mobs be nerfed just so we can nerf PPU for PvP ?

cRazy-
04-01-06, 16:19
Ok fine make holy heals only work in dungeon zones against other people.

Im just proving theres NO plausible explination or solution for the monk problem.

xyl_az
04-01-06, 16:22
You are proving only one thing here, and i'm afraid its not something to be proud off...

cRazy-
04-01-06, 16:25
I am serious, there is no solution, it annoys me when people bring up some good ideas then others ridicule it because it involves changing a large aspect of the game, theres no other choice.

RogerRamjet
04-01-06, 18:18
The good ideas arent ridiculed, just ignored.

Kame
04-01-06, 18:27
I wasnt trying to diss you its just, i made a thread about the same point i was backing in the previous post, i guess you missed it.

But its a factor to consider when u think about game design.the more they have to change = the more the effort = the more unlikely to happen.

John Wu
04-01-06, 19:37
only a few mobs would have to be changed. most of them you can solo without ppu, and most of the others would still be doable with blessed heal. PvM is ridiculously easy with a ppu shoved up your ass atm.

PvM should not be an argument when talking about PvP balance. the main point of this game is PvP - balance PvP, and after that care about PvM.

(holy) heals are the thing that unbalances PvP the most. tone down heals, remove parashock, and we're a good step further to balance and fun PvP for other classes than monks.

Scanner Darkly
04-01-06, 19:40
Everyone always forgets the Holy Group Heal when thinking about nerfing monks and how it's all you need for PvM.

kurai
04-01-06, 19:49
What about PvM ??

how do you expect ppus to keep you alive in those doy tunnels when they themselves (ppu) drop in 2-3 shots from the doy assault unit ?

should all mobs be nerfed just so we can nerf PPU for PvP ?Although you do make a fair point about change methodology in general (make the minimum possible changes to achieve a desired effect) you have spectacularly missed the point in this particular instance.

The mobs are the strength they are *BECAUSE* of PPUs ludicrous over-poweredness.

*NOT* the other way around.

Long, long ago KK fell into a positive feedback loop with PPU's and mob strength being boosted in turns, round and round.

I think even they realised that with the DoY Tunnels it had finally go to the state of utter insanity - things seem to have calmed down a bit.

However - we are left with wildly divergent PvP & PvM requirements, and an utter dependence on PPUs.

ZoVoS
04-01-06, 21:18
we all know how to fix ppu's but that requeres a total rework of all damage all mobs and all everything

so all of our ideas can only ever be sticky plasters for sumthing requiering a operating theater to fix

xyl_az
04-01-06, 21:32
Thats why my idea was the easiest to implement: remove whole line of psi-based armor (turn it into milky rens or something like that). It wont solve the monk problem, but make monks more killable and this is something good, isnt it?

onero S
04-01-06, 21:58
Thats why my idea was the easiest to implement: remove whole line of psi-based armor (turn it into milky rens or something like that). It wont solve the monk problem, but make monks more killable and this is something good, isnt it?

and then apus would be unplayable, nice work.

ZoVoS
04-01-06, 21:58

yes but i can stand point blank with a monk shooting him him shooting me n we do equal damage over time... apus would be fucked over if u remove there armour

Torq
05-01-06, 00:51
Atm is every nonmonk fucked, but no monkplayer cares about that.

xyl_az
05-01-06, 01:00
yes but i can stand point blank with a monk shooting him him shooting me n we do equal damage over time... apus would be fucked over if u remove there armour

well then like i said before, tweak some low lvl armor they are useless anyways, both spies and monks could benefit from this. Just give some bonuses in fire and energy and its pretty much manageable.

Armor is (and should be) based on strength, tanks can cover all resists (100 str), PE needs s/d for this (60 str), spy (40 str) have one weakness (2 without drugs), monks (20 str) should have 2 resists uncovered then (poison/xray, for example; then add some fire resist to low lvl armors to compensate this).

its quite possible imo

onero S
05-01-06, 03:12
well then like i said before, tweak some low lvl armor they are useless anyways, both spies and monks could benefit from this. Just give some bonuses in fire and energy and its pretty much manageable.

Armor is (and should be) based on strength, tanks can cover all resists (100 str), PE needs s/d for this (60 str), spy (40 str) have one weakness (2 without drugs), monks (20 str) should have 2 resists uncovered then (poison/xray, for example; then add some fire resist to low lvl armors to compensate this).

its quite possible imo

no, this isn't the issue with monks,

What I want to see is More solo apus, and less ppus/hybrids. If every monk you ran into was a solo apu no one would have issues, they are balanced untill you add a ppu. A nurf to armor would hurt apus more than ppus, thats just dumb its the ppus that are overpowered.

ZoVoS
05-01-06, 04:03
as i said. an apu n a tank point blank blasting is matched. a apu ppu combo v a tank ppu combo is not balanced

ESPECIALY since monks have antbuff ext advantages

sultana
05-01-06, 10:43
should all mobs be nerfed just so we can nerf PPU for PvP ?
Yes, almost exactly. Seeing as you don't need PPUs for most of the tunnels, just the "high-level content" ones.

What I want to see is More solo apus, and less ppus/hybrids. If every monk you ran into was a solo apu no one would have issues, they are balanced untill you add a ppu. A nurf to armor would hurt apus more than ppus, thats just dumb its the ppus that are overpowered.
Every other class sacrifices some offense for the defense they get, it's the same for an APU.

And to the idea: It's not really enough, depends on the nerf the APUs get on their spells, also they'd still have no reticle, which is the biggest advantage there. It's much easier to nerf the Holy Heal by 50% on foreign cast (which brings it just below the level of a Blessed Heal) then to have the PPUs bring two seperate spells entirely.

yavimaya
05-01-06, 11:00

Funny the way you say that. You should know all too well that its easier for monks to get shots off. so Damage over time is a load of crap.

Although i play with an average of 300-400 ping (im sure thats about what americans get too) most monks can get 2 shots off before my recticle even half closes on them.

Bugs Gunny
05-01-06, 11:05
50% nerf on foreign heals would indeed go a long way.

Then fix the silly mobs in mc5, ceres tunnels and doy tunnels.

Finl
05-01-06, 11:09
so, holy heal, blessed heal, group heal, sanchtum heal. coming too much heals what need to use...

Torq
05-01-06, 15:48
I think it would be an additional nerf, if the gaya Glove would reduce resist force by 30 or something like that. So that Force Weapons would do the damage they should do. Either they take the normal psi glove and get problems with capping their spells (at least with freq cap on holy paralysis and holy antibuff ) or their force resiste could be a really problem for them. I would like taht tbh.

onero S
05-01-06, 20:41
I think it would be an additional nerf, if the gaya Glove would reduce resist force by 30 or something like that. So that Force Weapons would do the damage they should do. Either they take the normal psi glove and get problems with capping their spells (at least with freq cap on holy paralysis and holy antibuff ) or their force resiste could be a really problem for them. I would like taht tbh.

NO, don't you guys get it? you can't fix monks my nurfing their general survibility (con nurfs ectra). Fix it where the issue is, IE ppu spells being too strong, ppu spells affecting players unequily, ectra. General armor nurfs ectra won't help, think that litttle bit of force will matter to a ppu? Not much, but it will fuck over solo apus

John Wu
06-01-06, 01:42
I agree 100% Onero. APUs are fine, give 'em a reticle and all is good. the ppu is the problem.