PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk about regents

Crest
03-01-06, 11:39
Ok so for some reason, I wondered past regents, and took a walk in.

1) WTF - Whats contamination damage, like besides being a new form of Para shock, whats it do, is it poison based ?

2) Nice mobs, a new mob not found anywhere else, nice

3) Boss Mob, he is a little easy, me I like easy. After running through a couple of times and dying, I worked out how to do him, and then cleared the room. Nice big dude, but he is kinda slow. Nice big room

4) Mob boss loot, what I do with const lic look a likes. I did not take the mission, and am not woc ready (Probably never will be)

Overall not much said about this (I dont think) so please add your thoughts, ideas and facts

Finl
03-01-06, 11:58
the hole place if bugged atm.

only thing is working down there is the stunn and the mission. rest of mobs aint do shit. easy exping exploid. nice going kk, good testing again.

Bugs Gunny
03-01-06, 12:26
4.5mil psi exp every 15 minutes, what more can we say?

Tested? Sure, about as good as they tested the genotoxic pistol ammo :angel:

Crest
03-01-06, 14:06
I died there a few times, mainly cuase I barrel myself to death, thats the old me, not I dont no more (as he smiles)

The quest is for woc ?

CMaster
03-01-06, 14:52
The mission gives you the CAR47 and the Ceres Handgun - two WoC Dex 1 weapons, but you can still do it for entertainment value. The loot is pretty worthlesss if you don't.

giga191
03-01-06, 15:02
genotoxic ammo, you'll spend more time getting it than using it. make it cloneable plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bugs Gunny
03-01-06, 15:04
It's a crappy way for getting crappy ammo for a crappy gun.

Pls rename it to Genocrappy amunition.

Oh, and i sent an email to helpdesk the 22nd of december and still haven't gotten a reply about the pistol that went *poof* after the extensively tested patch put the ammo ingame.

jini
03-01-06, 16:43
Ok so for some reason, I wondered past regents, and took a walk in.

1) WTF - Whats contamination damage, like besides being a new form of Para shock, whats it do, is it poison based ?

2) Nice mobs, a new mob not found anywhere else, nice

3) Boss Mob, he is a little easy, me I like easy. After running through a couple of times and dying, I worked out how to do him, and then cleared the room. Nice big dude, but he is kinda slow. Nice big room

4) Mob boss loot, what I do with const lic look a likes. I did not take the mission, and am not woc ready (Probably never will be)

Overall not much said about this (I dont think) so please add your thoughts, ideas and facts

I would say confidently that Genotoxic contamination is a Gene manipulation, made in genes that is that renders you paralyzed lol. Once like that you walk exacly like those mutants in there which is humouristic. It's a nice idea tbh and I like it. overall i like it a lot more now than it was before and maybe it is the way it is bugs, for some fast leveling (woc anyone?) I think it beats hands down everything else

Bugs Gunny
03-01-06, 16:52
Haven't tried, but does antipara take away the parashock effects or does antipoison do it?

Tratos
03-01-06, 16:58
Does the contamination have an effect on your stats SI style to reduce the speed? or is it done in a para manner?

Skusty
03-01-06, 17:26
I want a Ak47 to hang on the wall. :(

unreal
03-01-06, 18:24
I did the mission on my PE and got 5 slots for both (pwnt), about to do it on my monk and spy sometime soon. :)

giga191
03-01-06, 18:28
Does the contamination have an effect on your stats SI style to reduce the speed? or is it done in a para manner? just para, and i think it's pretty good since it stops you from running away from the sluggers.

i really wanna use ak47 but getting ammo is too much hassle (and i dont know how to make it but if it's like the pistol ammo then fuck off :D)

jini
03-01-06, 18:45
Haven't tried, but does antipara take away the parashock effects or does antipoison do it?
i think it was antipoison that did, at least back before last patch, so i doubt its not like that now.
Hey sluggers do the same damage as they did before? or they nerfed?

Hel
03-01-06, 19:40
Oh, and i sent an email to helpdesk the 22nd of december and still haven't gotten a reply about the pistol that went *poof* after the extensively tested patch put the ammo ingame.

If you can, get in touch with Odin by PM, Support e-mails knew a few problems during that period.

H

Crest
03-01-06, 19:46
Even stunned I out ran the sluggers, although, TBH once you know how the guys move and where and when, you should hardly ever get hit with the damage.

Damaga appears to do very little, except when you have tons of stacks on you, then you are screwed (Especially when that big boy is on your case).

None the less I will go 1 on 50 again tonight to prove who the bitch is

Finl
03-01-06, 20:32
only the parashock makes damage down there now, sooo everybody go level! :)
you can make shitload money and xp with tl3 heal noproblem

Vampire222
04-01-06, 04:38
Imo it shouldnt've been added, finally after 5 years of not being open regants opens, and it's bugged as shit, i don't get it, why bugged content over bugfixing and balancing. *sigh* 8|

Cadgar
04-01-06, 05:02
only the parashock makes damage down there now, sooo everybody go level! :)
you can make shitload money and xp with tl3 heal noproblem

tanks level con very good but every other class can make more money and level quicker at other places like el farid or caves. and the mobs also dont drop any garbage to recycle ammo or psi booster so u better carry much with u

kurai
04-01-06, 06:46
tanks level con very good but every other class can make more money and level quicker at other places like el farid or caves. and the mobs also dont drop any garbage to recycle ammo or psi booster so u better carry much with uNon AoE classes (i.e. rifle Spies and PEs) won't find anywhere better.

As far as ammo goes ... just take a few Armour Part 10's with you to recycle, and you can camp there blasting away for as long as your gun lasts.

Even AoE classes will find they can do better than caves/El Farid/grave with the proper technique.

Herd together a bunch of the little 90/90 facehuggers, splat them, exit to reset, repeat ... you can do each set in about 4 mins.
It's a *lot* more efficient (in terms of cash *and* XP) than wasting time on the higher level humanoid mutants deeper in.

(The higher level the mob, the greater their HLT and armour rating. The XP and cash rewards don't scale up linearly with mob rank. Therefore, for example, killing 10 of the 90/90 mobs in the same time it takes you to kill 3 of the 120/120 will earn you twice the XP and money.
Bigger is not always better :D )

Crest
04-01-06, 11:39
Kill boss mobb, then AOE room reset, Kill boss mob, and repeat

I have a technique for killing boss mob to, and if you saw me doing it, you would piss your self laughing. Got him twice last night.

Also saw a droner in there, he launches at the door, even with 2 mobs standing next to him.

Skusty
04-01-06, 15:33
I was there with mate, me on apu he on spy, i took 0dmg unbuffed. Wel...more like 10 sometimes but he healed it away, we killed those parasites in like blam!