PDA

View Full Version : What would really make YOU want to play Neptune?

Dogface
03-01-06, 07:17
This thread is pretty much about Neptune, now you might be saying "omfg another one? GO PLAY A REAL SERVER FFS" but I ask you to hold back these unneccessary comments just for 5 minutes. KK have now said they will be reviewing (and changing the ruleset of Neptune) within the next few weeks, now what I'd like is for us to give them some ideas on what we want, not what they *think* we *might* like (since thats what they did with Neptune in the first place, no one liked it.)
I've posted some of my ideas and someone elses ideas. Check out the server forum for some more from other people, I posted this here and not there (which is where I took Retro V's comments from) just because we all know the server forums are monitored less frequently than the community chat area.
So, I'd like some SERIOUS (and also realistic, noting like removing PPU's :lol: no trolling, flaming the Neptune players or anything else. Just be grown ups.) replies to this thread:

What would really make YOU want to play Neptune?

Said it before, so I'll say it again: increase drop rates.

I do believe this is the single most important factor in Neptune's revival. With rares being easier to get, not only would it create a 'free gift' feeling for joining/coming back to Neptune, it would also allow complete server-freshers to actually obtain a pvp weapon before reaching a level of xp sufficient for woc5 :rolleyes:

I really do agree on this part, example - Player A gets into a fight with Player B, Player A loses and drops his only rare. Now, Player A can now no longer pvp because he doesn't have a weapon worth using. So now he has to spend a lot of his money and time buying / hunting for his new holy lightning, cursed soul, healing light etc, which do cost a significant amount of effort to replace.
This wouldnt be much of a pvp server if everyone was running around with eachothers rares now, would it?

Remove LE/don't remove LE. Can't see it making any difference, other than a negative one. We all know there are guys playing Neptune purely for the carebear-solo experience; by removing LEs they may become alienated, possibly shrinking the tradeskiller pool. Besides, when everyone's ready they will take out their LEs themselves. Forcing everyone to level without an LE only serves to satisfy the noob-gankers.
In my opinion, the only reason people didn't remove their LE is because they didn't want to lose the noob items that can be crippling if they need to be replaced because you were one shotted by a CS tank in aggi cellars..
So, remove the LE (MC5 noob area is debatable) but keep a safe slot until /30 (or somewhere around there). Once you reach /30 the safeslot is removed. By this time you (should) have enough money to get a new thing you lost.

OR, alternatively - No safeslot, but bring back belt hacking with a lowered requirement, so theres not a *definite* chance your stuff has been looted. With the fast SI loss and the huge amount of players there WILL be *wink wink* a poke should get you back on your feet and able to get to your belt for more pvp ! If the person is still there..

Just a few of my ideas. I'm not sure if I myself agree with them :wtf:

But they might work, not saying this is what would/wouldn't bring people back here. It's a start.

I think the SL/FS system should be greatly bitchsmacked and thrown in the bin for the pvp server (Or just slightly toned down a touch), "Oh shit I went on a pvp server, killed someone and now I can't pvp again until my SL is fixed." I know what some of you will say, "Don't be a ally killer you moron". But thats the price you pay for protecting yourself against the people that "just don't care". Not everyone sticks / wants to stick to rules.

Besides, why should the fact that you're in one different faction that doesn't like the same people have anything to do with you being punished for killing them? After all this is a PVP server with NO ROLE-PLAYING, according to KK there shall be no events because it's not an RP server. Now, I (as many other people would agree) don't think it should be a FFA with everyone thats not in your clan. I just don't think the ruleset fits this type of server. Especially with what KK have and clearly haven't labelled it as.

We need lighter punishments. Perhaps only for killing allied people outside a cityzone like plaza1-4/via1-3/pp1/pp2? *Not PP3, it's a great pvp place* (And the appropriate places for DoY, I don't know them) you should be lightly punished (since the factions won't know who you killed in the wastes, but word would get around, *in an RP sense of it* Ironic, that.), killing inside should have the same consequences as normal - a complete and utter buttfuck to be honest.

I saw someone pvping with red SL in a dungeon, THATS hardcore :angel:
(Or just the extent as to which these crazy individuals don't care, which refers to my point about killing friendlies.)

That's all I can really think of at the moment, most of these ideas will probably just end up being argued against, just like 90% of the content of these forums is just arguments :D
But still, there are some people who really really do see potential in this server and just want to have a good gaming experience like everyone on other servers gets. Hell, i bet you guys take for granted the fact that you have high population servers..
Neptune has got better since 2.1 came out, before then it was like playing an offline version of neocron.

Don't be fooled by the length of the post, It's just a optical illusion because you arn't playing NC at this time of reading ;) So read it please.

These are just some of the many ideas flying around in and out-game. So give KK and us some ideas so we can make Neptune a better place for everyone.

We really want this server to work.

Demental
03-01-06, 07:20
- Increased item drops
- No LE
- Missions give more soul light

Other than that i'm happy with the server. Has nice exp gains and belts not needing to be hacked so I enjoyed it. Shame it's got 0% population always :o

Dogface
03-01-06, 07:29
Erm, trying not to post too much so early, but what about 1 more char slot? 1 trader and 2 pvper characters seems reasonable to me. Since I can't handle having one char only to pvp with since its hard to live without a trader if you're unclanned on such a small server. But having two pvp characters doesn't work well without a trader. Any more than three slots and it would be a bit too generous. I'd welcome it though ;)

Could we PLEASE be allowed lower lvl weapons to have a higher max stat cap than 94% (I think its 94%...), it's a tad frustrating.. Plus it would encourage noob pvp having a 5 slot artifact TL25 weapon !
Since it doesn't make sense that a person who can make 5 slot fully artifact rare weapons can't make a lame weapon of the same quality :rolleyes:

SorkZmok
03-01-06, 07:52
Remove holy heal/shelter/deflector/parashock. That'd do it for me.

/edit
And that doesn't mean i'd make it my main server, it means i could finally be arsed to level a char there, set him up so i can log onto neptune occasionaly to gank a bit, then log back to terra again. Like most people will do. o_O

eprodigy
03-01-06, 07:57
What would really make YOU want to play Neptune?
lack of PPUs on that server. would make a lot of people play it, not to mention return to the game.

(a real fix would still be needed for them on other servers)

Bugs Gunny
03-01-06, 09:54
Remove holy spell line for ppus, reinstate apu-ppu malus.
Remove stealth
Remove LE at base rank 50.
Epic weapons drop too.

Killall
03-01-06, 10:11
Ok heres my 2 cents...

Neptune is a PvP server... PvP means PvP, no lvling and shit. Why not make pre made chars.... all with their own strenghts and weaknesses. So a runner just logs into neptune, chooses a fighter/profession, spawns fully capped with pre determent weapons. If u die, u respawn at your app, without sl loss or belt. Pure PvP like quake 3 or CS.. mobs could be there but no loot.. mayb medpacks.. no salesman npcs, no drugz, just the quickbelt u get from the premade char and off u go.

This is pure PvP imo.

xyl_az
03-01-06, 11:51
there is a thread in the neptune forum section about this, but i'll repeat

1. remove LE
2. change battlefields sectors to wasteland/hacknett sectors
3. remove/hide local list

ad 1. Thats pretty obvious actually, that was the major neptune design flaw - people who came there for pvp were granted with pvp invulnerability switch... so what else, aside pvp, they could do on pvp server ? They could LE level at high speed due to increase xp gain and thats what people did - they capped their characters then got bored and left.
Though there are much more important factors about the LE. LE grants invulnerability to everyone which ignores any need for consequences. People dont have to care about danger, about other people, about their own reputation because it doesnt matter - they can always log their LE alt and do their business, repair weapons, level etc. No risk at all on a pvp server...
Ultimately there was no significant difference between neptune and all other servers in terms of pvp. It was exactly the same. People level with LE, trade with LE, exploit with LE and fight *only* when they liked to. But they can do exactly the same on other servers then why move? Not mentioning the fact that it did not bring any new/old players to neptune as it offered no difference in a gameplay.
What neptune really needs is a difference. It has to be different and therefore attractive for people who dont play/like other servers. Simple as that. And LE is the key here

ad2. No risk = no challenge = no fun. What use is the unlocked first slot in an environment where everyone can (and will) stay in a battlefield zones? Its the same as with LE. People on a pvp server were granted a battlefield zone where they could not loose anything upon death - so it was obvious that everyone would use such advantage and nullify the effect of (and reason for) unlocked first slot. And finally, it could be another crucial factor to differentiate pvp-hardcore neptune from other servers...

ad3. actually i'm not too sure on this one, while it might bring alot of tactical advantage to players (long range fighting/sniping, ambush attacks without stealth) all of this might be screwed by droners who could just hide into some stupid wall/tree and be completely undetectable. So i dont really know if this is feasible or not.

In summary: neptune needs to be a real pvp server (not a server with option to pvp as all others) and it needs to be different from other servers, as this was the main reason for its failure in my opinion (lack of any significant differences).
For people who say that they want LE to lvl safely, trade safely etc. - there are already 3 servers for that. No need for another one.
For people who say that they want death match arena server (instant cap, instant weapon etc) - this is a mmorpg, there are lots of better fps deathmatch style games around than this one. And whats more important here - you will get bored with such servers after less than one hour and move to your main one which would simply leave neptune with extremely low population just as it is now. Because no one would play neptune as its main server. It wouldnt attract new players or old players or anyone. Just some people would switch to such NF server once in awhile and thats all. There would be no money for KK from such idea.

Storme
03-01-06, 12:19
Ok heres my 2 cents...

Neptune is a PvP server... PvP means PvP, no lvling and shit. Why not make pre made chars.... all with their own strenghts and weaknesses. So a runner just logs into neptune, chooses a fighter/profession, spawns fully capped with pre determent weapons. If u die, u respawn at your app, without sl loss or belt. Pure PvP like quake 3 or CS.. mobs could be there but no loot.. mayb medpacks.. no salesman npcs, no drugz, just the quickbelt u get from the premade char and off u go.

This is pure PvP imo.

Work on those lines would be genius - would have to be a pre-defined skill setup for each fighter/profession which can not be changed otherwise it would just be a test server for setups. Maybe an amount of cash so that you could go to an Armoury NPC to purchase your weapon/armour of choice.

Torg
03-01-06, 13:03
in my humble opinion, this is utter crap. may i kindly ask you to go and play counterstrike or any other simple FPS. or think it over and enjoy a role playing game like neocron.

Skusty
03-01-06, 13:35
- Remove it.

Storme
03-01-06, 13:52
in my humble opinion, this is utter crap. may i kindly ask you to go and play counterstrike or any other simple FPS. or think it over and enjoy a role playing game like neocron.

Correct in a manner - However if you want PVP Neocron style then thats what imo the PVP Neptune server is for?? If you want the RPG side of the Neocron then thats what Terra etc are for. People have been screaming for a PVP server for years. Now its been implemented, its hardly used because its not really any different to the other servers. If KK went the route as suggested by Killall then atleast the new playerbase can see/experience PVP from day 1.

mehirc
03-01-06, 13:59
The LE must stay, people can get ready for PvP much faster that way! The thing that we are missing is a motivation for the people to take out their LE as fast as possible! PvP aint a goal for everybody, too many only enjoy the fast leveling and so on and then stop playing. PvP must become more fun and must become the most enjoyable activity on a PvP-server. KK did all to simplify the stuff around the PvP, thats good, but that alone doesn't boost the PvP-activity at all.

The main reason because i had no fun was because everytime there was a fight, I didn't knew who was fighting against who and it was hard to get into the act. Everybody against everybody without any meaning of faction an soullight was really no fun. Especially concerning PPU's, because you really needed a personal PPU that you know, otherwise you could'nt expect support from anybody at all.

One other thing was, that it was very hard to actualy find opponents, it's no fun to log in and have to run around whole Neocron first. There were only a few hotspots (or better syncspots), and if nobody was there you could log out, btw syncfights are also no fun.

I would propose a better soullight-beltdrop-system that provides fights city vs anticity and additionally fights bountyhunters vs terrorists. That way you know who is on your side if you get into a fight, and if there is no fight going on, you can go for bountyhunt (via citycom) and seek terrorists, or as terrorist go into the wastes and ambush the bountyhunters. A neat thing would also be a little statistic of how many people you already killed. A little modified Neofrag could also boost the PvP-activity.

LTA
03-01-06, 14:09
Reduce most of the security to

Put STORMS outside the NCPD and CA HQ have a patroling cop in each zone and put there damage back to how it was, give the hqs a guard outside and then remove safezones....

Just remove the LE entirely, the server isnt about safe leveling or opting out of pvp its about danger and fighting.... increase the rare drop rate, put the old item vendors back (because seriously the fsm/db shit dont cut it for a pvp server)
Keep the rules as they are cept the op zones make them wasteland sectors even reduce the layers on the ops there....

I just think at the moment so much stuff is so hard to obtain in the first place its not worth bothering coz once you loose it thats plenty of downtime.... so with the old vendors back least it will be a little less difficult... and tradeskillers can skill around the ncpd guards or something and rely on there security but they should be in no way safer than the next runner etc

Edit - and the guy above, nice video certainly brings the memories back, especially them pics where only tanks are pa'd lol

xyl_az
03-01-06, 14:11
I have never ever had LE on any of my chars. Not on Pluto, neither on Saturn, not on Terra and not on Neptune.

I have always removed my LE chip in mc5 starting room.

I did it, you can too. And if not, there are 3 other servers for your pleasure

LE has to go... dont give KK any stupid ideas, they failed once already

eLcHi
03-01-06, 14:15
Make it a NO MONK server tbh =)

LTA
03-01-06, 14:16
LE has to go... dont give KK any stupid ideas, they failed once already

If people didnt hunt at the common spots... and tried one of the other 40 odd zones...... it would be very hard for lone pkers to locate them and gank them.....at least thats what i figured when i used to live in the aggies

Just isnt much need for a LE at all in my eyes not even on terra but since people all congregrate in the same spots i spose they will need it to level but defo not for neptune... i always thought that was the hardcore pvp server... not hardcore level safely first then pvp server.

xyl_az
03-01-06, 14:28
like i said before, its much more than this (LE exploits aside):

- no need for tradeskillers (everyone will have their own LE alt)
- no need for reputation (it doesnt matter who are you and what are your reputation, i can safely trade with you, repair my stuff etc)
- no point in lvling in groups, no point in grouping or joining clans (because i'm always safe and i dont need other people help or support)

so finally, i am completely safe while leveling, dont need other people to interact due to LE and can fight *only* when i want to... ah, and due to warzones i can fight in such zones so i wont loose anything...

what kind of pvp or hardcore is that???

not mentioning the fact, that its EXACTLY the same as on all other servers...

dull, boring, pointless

Killall
03-01-06, 14:54

Hmm i dont really want to reply to this.. but isnt that the whole point of neptune? Log in and kill people.. just like CS or whatever..

And for your informantion, i dont play on neptune. And i wouldnt be playing this game if im a simple-minded CS player. Its just what i think that could be done to make things more fun over there, how a pvp server could be like.

ty

mehirc
03-01-06, 15:08
If you remove the LE, people would constantly raid the common level places because there are only a few that everybody knows, and thats no fun! Many easy kills should not be the intention of a PvP-server, but one intention should be that you can be ready for PvP pretty fast.

I don't believe that there were too less people without LE on Neptune willing to do PvP, the only problem was that they hardly found together in the huge world of Neocron.

Btw I think that a PvP-Server must not necessarily be a hardcore server. The hardcore component even prevents PvP, because people always fear to loose something and make them think twice to fight or not to fight. You also cannot desire higher rarepart drop along with a hardcore server, because it won't be hardcore anymore if you can loose everything without fear. I plead for less hardcore, more PvP and more fun on Neptune.

RogerRamjet
03-01-06, 15:26
Increase rare drop.

If i knew at the end of a 2 hour WB hunting spree id have enough rares fill a few cabs, and replace weapons id lose in pvp, id be there constantly.

xyl_az
03-01-06, 15:31
If you remove the LE, people would constantly raid the common level places because there are only a few that everybody knows, and thats no fun! Many easy kills should not be the intention of a PvP-server, but one intention should be that you can be ready for PvP pretty fast.

i cant agree with that. I have always leveled without LE and always i was able to find some non-pk infested place to lvl easily if i wanted to (and i'm talking about the pluto-crackheads era or saturn pk all environment) - or i could lvl at aggies/mb/crp for fun and challenge... so i dont really see the problem. If people dont want to be pked they can either adapt to new system or play other servers. Look at my former posts to see whats the real problem with LEs.

I don't believe that there were too less people without LE on Neptune willing to do PvP, the only problem was that they hardly found together in the huge world of Neocron.

i do believe that and i have witnessed that. There were lots of capped people with their LEs in, grinding for woc, hunting for rareparts etc etc. No one was interested in pvp at all... and those who were brave enough to remove LE were sitting duck at crp or other non-belt drop zones...

Btw I think that a PvP-Server must not necessarily be a hardcore server. The hardcore component even prevents PvP, because people always fear to loose something and make them think twice to fight or not to fight. You also cannot desire higher rarepart drop along with a hardcore server, because it won't be hardcore anymore if you can loose everything without fear. I plead for less hardcore, more PvP and more fun on Neptune.

well we have different definitions of pvp obviously, but nonetheless i return to my previous point - there are already 3 servers for no-risk pvp and people ARE pvping there. Whats the point of making another one?
Hardcore pvp server would be something different, for people who are not afraid of loosing something and who would like to find some challenge in game. It would create an environment for REAL actions, where people would be responsible for their own actions (reputation system, *real* roleplay, *real* pvp where everyone is under the same conditions)

/edit/
about the raredrop issue - i dont really mind that, though i dont really see any need for that. But as i understand it could work as a compensation for a higher risk on pvp server so it *could* be a good thing to gain people attention and bring them back to neptune.
Personally i think that lack of safeslot would compensate this enough, people will often loose and gain weapons and for people who dont want to take the risk there are always epic weapons (TS epic beeing overpowered is another issue though)

Dogface
03-01-06, 16:20
Personally, I don't agree with the idea of having a pre-capped character on creation.

Reasons:

1 - When you first start a character its impossible to give them a build just because every character is so diverse and they're all made to the users suitability.

2 - People will have no idea what their character is about, at least with leveling you have an idea on your characters heals, what caps their weapons etc etc..

3 - No Noob missions ! a capped character can't do the noob missions that are (some of them) rather useful for end-game pvp. For example, the TL10 heal, stealth, quad etc etc.

Glad people are supporting the increased rare drop idea. It is just needed for Neptune.
Maybe if they removed the LE and like someone said, you get pointlessly ganked in aggi cellars or something, maybe you don't drop a belt until /30?

I'm not sure about dropping a belt in an OPzone, that will make Opwars a little bit more reluctant to be played by people (in my opinion) so maybe instead, in that zone you drop your pack (like you used to) with you entire inventory in it, so you must return to the zone to get it back (no retrieving through a GR).
I wouldn't mind the belt drop but some people might dislike the idea of a belt dropping in an opwar. But ofc not all would be lost if you did drop a weapon there, your own team might loot it for you.

/edit, also if the rare drop DOES increase, make many more different types of mos drop rares.. and maybe lower the rank at which they drop too.. Only slightly.

Demental
03-01-06, 16:28
I think the idea of a pre-capped char with an already pre determined set up is lame as hell. I for one enjoy the hell out of low level pvp, and fighting. It's the closest thing to good ol' beta pvp you can have now'days.

solling
03-01-06, 16:29
no monks

Dogface
03-01-06, 16:42
I asked for reasonable, realistic suggestions. There are already monks there, you would have them just deleted from accounts in order to play there? Can't you kill a monk? No one minds a PPU for leveling in CRP, you know, just to cap :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
03-01-06, 16:54
I've capped 6 chars without a ppu.

And on neptune that would be even easier, since you can cap on launchers no problem.

nobby
03-01-06, 16:57
here's my Idea...

When selecting your character's points to begin with, make it so the character is capped and just needs the points put into place, where you want them.

Next make 1 zone in the whole game a safezone. (EG, plaza 3)

In the zone, there will be NPC's selling all different types of weapons and implants.

There will also be an autopoking NPC.

That could be the "stock up" zone before everyone goes to fight.

Remember the test server anyone?

sure I don't mind items dropping also, it slow down the enemy because they'd have to keep coming backwards and forwards to get their weapons :)

that's my idea of a REAL PVP server!

no lvling shit or tech parts needed!

Clobber
03-01-06, 17:00
They should just get rid of Neptune, it had its chance KK fucked it up like most things they do, get over it.

eLcHi
03-01-06, 17:01
No one minds a PPU for leveling in CRP, you know, just to cap :rolleyes:

But you don`t need one either ...

nobby
03-01-06, 17:01
well they might as well turn it into a REAL PvP server anyway!

L3Ts3L
03-01-06, 17:44
Trying to fix or putting other rules in place on neptune, will again mess up terra. When neptune went pvp server, it was good, for a little while.The pops were at times 41% and terra on 9%. Thats a potential five hundred people! Then one blue morning they were all gone, leaving it on 1% and terra suffered bad. Now were again at a respectable % on terra. Lets keep it that way please.

Digital-Talios
03-01-06, 17:47
Already on Neptune:

I like less populations
I like better exp gain
I like the better political landscape
I like Neptune :lol:

Heavyporker
03-01-06, 18:08
What would make me play Neptune would be ACTUALLY BEING ABLE to play Neocron!

nobby
03-01-06, 18:11
Trying to fix or putting other rules in place on neptune, will again mess up terra. When neptune went pvp server, it was good, for a little while.The pops were at times 41% and terra on 9%. Thats a potential five hundred people! Then one blue morning they were all gone, leaving it on 1% and terra suffered bad. Now were again at a respectable % on terra. Lets keep it that way please.

So why don't they do something like the old Test server...

I wouldn't mind installing another neocron on my system just for the PVP server!

rob444
03-01-06, 18:52
Start with capped char.

Cyphor
03-01-06, 19:02

The fact the server is meant purely for pvp makes that a moot point.

I like the idea but mabey impliment it like guild wars, you start capped with a choice of basic weaponary which will get you by but you have to hunt for rares etc to get the best weapons and armour.

Add no les, no para and i'd be happy.

Either that or how about just roll back to pre specialisation nc1 :D

Dade Murphey
03-01-06, 19:39
Personally I think everything should be as it is on the other servers for the fact that why should people on neptune gain any bonus over other players who are paying the same fees etc

What would make me actually want to play there would be

No Safezones - set aside an area for tradeskillers such at TH
No LE's or at least no LE's after rank XX (xx being what KK sees as appropriate)
Start fresh no character transferred there, no characters there who were built from enhanced xp gain...clean, fresh server (low lvl pvp is fun =P)

Then, in my opinion, that could be a lot of fun

xyl_az
03-01-06, 19:44
start with a capped char

Again: nobody would play on a capped char' server, people would be playing terra as their main server and then pop in once in a while for a quick pvp deathmatch then come back to their main ones.
Which means: NO new players, NO old players (reactivating), NO money for KK...

This idea is basically to make one big neofrag out of neptune. And while it might sounds fun, i can guarantee it would be fun for less than an hour - after that time everyone would come back to terra and neptune will be left with 1% population again. So i'm afraid thats not the way to go...

Digital-Talios
03-01-06, 19:46
Personally I think everything should be as it is on the other servers for the fact that why should people on neptune gain any bonus over other players who are paying the same fees etc

What would make me actually want to play there would be

No Safezones - set aside an area for tradeskillers such at TH
No LE's or at least no LE's after rank XX (xx being what KK sees as appropriate)
Start fresh no character transferred there, no characters there who were built from enhanced xp gain...clean, fresh server (low lvl pvp is fun =P)

Then, in my opinion, that could be a lot of fun

Neptune has no safe zones at all
no chracter transfere as far as i know

your 2/3 there :lol:

LTA
03-01-06, 20:48
no chracter transfere as far as i know

he probably meant us pandorians...

i have a full capped pistol spy, a full capped melee tank and did have a ds'd capped ppu when they made neptune, i moved a few back but they were there if neptune was actually worth playing.

Dade Murphey
03-01-06, 20:57
Yeah, LTA knew what I meant =P
sorry I wasn't more clear...If I'm going to start playing some place that's supposed to be a new server I'd like to start fresh not with capped/near capped any anything inbetween already there

LTA
03-01-06, 20:59
It was fun chasing all the nibs around when they first started with a full capped SA'd Executioner spy lol

Vryce
03-01-06, 22:46
Already on Neptune:

I like less populations
I like better exp gain
I like the better political landscape
I like Neptune :lol:

Ditto, Digital. :D

I do agree that the tech drop rate needs to be increased, if we are to get over the fear of loosing precious rare weapons, or, better yet - *gasp* eliminate rare weapons altogether! If you are to PvP (imo), it should be based on your skill, not on relying on capped characters with superior fire-power.

As far as the LE goes, I haven't made up my mind - nobby's idea of one safe zone for trading has some merit, as does the idea of making it trader-specific, or, having it become inop after a set time period, e.g., lvl 30 or so .....

giga191
03-01-06, 23:35
wouldnt increased item drop discourage pvp to a certain extent?

ThrillHousE
04-01-06, 00:52
For me Pre modded Chars with Rares or any other bullshit will bust the MMORPG Game. Just go and play CS or Quake!

Neptune got the best RG settings ever! No Safezones means YOU can decide who you wann attack or not. If you wanna risk for getting bad SL or dont attack Allies. No Saveslots shitty crap, make more sense for pvp cause they will drop good Weapons etc. If they dont drop or everybody have a big storage of rares nobody will join Neptune cause it would be just boring!

Just increase the raredrop a bit more, so maybe the will get easier their rareparts, but this will decrease the trademart of rares. if everybody got none needs to be trade for.

Right now Neptune is called Pvp Server, but i think it should be Free for All Server cause you can do what you want to do with all pro's and contra's. No one can tell you where you can attack and who. Just play for your own responsibility.

but giving them all the stuff would kill the mmorpg imho! Maybe they should remove the LE but i wonder if that would bring up more runner.

Vryce
04-01-06, 01:05
wouldnt increased item drop discourage pvp to a certain extent?

Would it? (dunno, that's why I ask).

An example: I was at El Farid the other day, leveling and getting toasted by scorpions, so, I go to the GR. While checking which one's I have, I hear an explosion; I look at my health bar, which is slowly dropping. It's a drone, lighting up my tank. I drop into the building, heal, then race around the zone, looking for the spy - good fun and games :D .
So, basically, wouldn't it be the same if I was hunting WB's ?

btw, never found that stealthy sneak :p .

Vryce
04-01-06, 01:26
............ I for one enjoy the hell out of low level pvp, and fighting. It's the closest thing to good ol' beta pvp you can have now'days.

Have to agree with this, as I too enjoy leveling new characters (yeah, I know, I'm nuts :p ).

Anyway, one other thought occurred to me that's been mentioned before: why not raise the quality of store-bought weapons? My new spy can recycle a better quality weapon than she can buy or build; so, as we already have "poor" quality at Outposts and "fair" quality in the City/Dome, would this be possible? Would it help?

suler
04-01-06, 01:27
The LE is really the only thing that killed neptune so I don't see how anybody can debate for it to stay. Also as other people have said it's easy enough to level without your le even in an environment with alot of pkers. Also leveling with the possibility of pvp happening at any time is really what neocron used to be all about.

As I said in the other post no LE makes for a more clan dynamic world. If they completely removed LEs neptune would basically be shaped by the clans and not the factions, which would be awesome in my opinion.

Paper Dragon
04-01-06, 01:28
Also leveling with the possibility of pvp happening at any time is really what neocron used to be all about.

If this is the case, why was the LE introduced at such an early point in the beta test?

suler
04-01-06, 01:29
Training wheels.

LTA
04-01-06, 01:31
If this is the case, why was the LE introduced at such an early point in the beta test?

It had harsh penalties back then tho still

Paper Dragon
04-01-06, 01:33
It had harsh penalties back then tho still

But obviously goes against the "Neocron was all about...." thing.

I just think it's a bit silly to say that Neocron is PvP and nothing else, when it's quite clear it's anything but that. PvP could be considered to have harsh penalties, so I don't see how the LE having them is any different, personally.

LTA
04-01-06, 01:36

I just think it's a bit silly to say that Neocron is PvP and nothing else, when it's quite clear it's anything but that. PvP could be considered to have harsh penalties, so I don't see how the LE having them is any different, personally.

Because they encouraged you to remove it to pvp and use weapons earlier..... now really the only encouragement is to get clanned and pvp ....

pvp dosent havent harsh penalities, 1 item in the belt less your bad, possibility of bein pk'd.... if you go into a op zone there isnt really any penalty at all cept the implant/gr factor

suler
04-01-06, 01:37
I'm not saying neocron is about pvp only, I'm saying the mixture of both pve and pvp at the same level is really a nice draw to this game. However with the LE, leveling in this game is more carebear then any of the elf alternatives.

optiplex
04-01-06, 01:44
no implant drops, so we can go back into battle within the next minute.

MasterChief
04-01-06, 03:00
1-3 techs per wb and 7 on boss mobs like in the old days, along with about 500-600 people on the server would be a good start for me

Dogface
04-01-06, 04:58

Oh so its ok if people are on YOUR server? How absolutely selfish...

Everyone left Neptune before I (and many other people) got a chance to enjoy the PvP side of it. Don't say you don't want your server going to shit, some of us have had to live with it the whole time.. Consider other peoples feelings before making comments like that.

Maksim
04-01-06, 06:39
[ edited ]

Drake6k
04-01-06, 07:20
Remove LE.
Make all zones warzones, no SL loss.
Increase rare part drop rate 6x.
Nerf guards so they are 60/60 and cant para.

RogerRamjet
04-01-06, 10:23
1-3 techs per wb and 7 on boss mobs like in the old days, along with about 500-600 people on the server would be a good start for me

That would be great, but across all server :D

I think the last time i had 3 techs in one WB was about April 2004 - NC1.

ThrillHousE
04-01-06, 10:56
Remove LE.
Make all zones warzones, no SL loss.
Increase rare part drop rate 6x.
Nerf guards so they are 60/60 and cant para.

I would prefer this solution, except All Warzones! That would mean no drop! And i want to PvP for drop! If the rare part drop was increased, there would be no worry about getting a new rare weapon!

Me votes for

Remove LE
Increase rare part drop rate
Nerf guards so they are 60/60 and cant para

Means we have a lot of advantages against the other server:

No Savezone
No Saveslot
Very High XP gain
Easy to construct multislot weapons
Quickbelt lootable for everybody
Low Synaptic Impairment
+the stuff above

This would make Neptune a very awesome Server, and very good for RP & PvP, the new Soullightsystem will force you not to ally pk. If you dont care good though, cause NC needs some Terrorist!

xyl_az
04-01-06, 11:17
warzones/battlefields have to go imo (exchange it with wasteland/hacknet sectors), because its yet another way to negate the droppable 1st slot. Everyone will stay in the warzones all the time because of the fear of loosing something...
and about op fights without warzones - yes they are possible and quite viable - ask jupiter players.

Remove LE
change battlefields to wasteland/hacknet sectors
increase rare drop rate (because it seems that this feature could draw alot of people to neptune)

i dont believe anything else is really needed

Cyphor
04-01-06, 13:06

It has also been the one thing the community has complained about for the longest and kks fixes haven't worked. Yes at one point even PPUs weren't a problem!

Vampire222
04-01-06, 13:39

Whatever, theres shitloads of mmorpgs out there for roleplay, KK held the key to the only one with exciting pvp, do what you excel in?

L3Ts3L
04-01-06, 16:37
Oh so its ok if people are on YOUR server? How absolutely selfish...

Everyone left Neptune before I (and many other people) got a chance to enjoy the PvP side of it. Don't say you don't want your server going to shit, some of us have had to live with it the whole time.. Consider other peoples feelings before making comments like that.

Sorry man, i didn't mean it like that. But what fun is it playing on a server where your all alone and hoping that people come back? Would you not like to play on a server with lots of people? Thats all that counts for me. If neptune had the 30% terra has on prime time. Thats where i would be. As i like (Gezelligheid) a feeling you get with lots of company. Sorry don't know the word in english.

ThrillHousE
04-01-06, 18:37
Sorry man, i didn't mean it like that. But what fun is it playing on a server where your all alone and hoping that people come back? Would you not like to play on a server with lots of people? Thats all that counts for me. If neptune had the 30% terra has on prime time. Thats where i would be. As i like (Gezelligheid) a feeling you get with lots of company. Sorry don't know the word in english.

Guess you meant Geselligkeit, in english sociability. Of course its more fun on a server where the populution is over 20%. Thats the point cause, Neptune offers the best Serversettings ever. But nobody seems to see it. Hope KK will do it good on next update!

Torg
04-01-06, 18:41
stop the pvp crap and make Neptune a hardcore RP server. and yes, i am serious about that.

xyl_az
04-01-06, 18:45
stop the pvp crap and make Neptune a hardcore RP server. and yes, i am serious about that.

world without LE, safezones, with no safe slot and with belt drop everywhere (aka no warzones) IS a hardcore RP server. Its the only possible setting where serious roleplaying can take place...

Paper Dragon
04-01-06, 18:47
world without LE, safezones, with no safe slot and with belt drop everywhere (aka no warzones) IS a hardcore RP server. Its the only possible setting where serious roleplaying can take place...

Of course, you also have to factor in the type of players that are in Neocron, the "I roleplay a mass murderer" logic and that argument kind of falls apart.

Scanner Darkly
04-01-06, 19:04
Remove holy spell line for ppus, reinstate apu-ppu malus.
Remove stealth
Remove LE at base rank 50.
Epic weapons drop too.

Yes!

+ increase drop rate and make mc5 parts drop from tech pool (possibly only from some high level mobs)

Dade Murphey
04-01-06, 19:12
it's kinda funny as I look thru this thread (and others) and see all the things people wanted handed to them...people want full arty/max slotted weapons...wanna be able to put on gloves so a tank can cst/res/etc...people want less/no penalty for death...people want the max possible end game handed to them so all they can do is fight each other...

You don't want an MMO...you want Quake

Dogface
04-01-06, 20:02
I don't want Epic stuff to drop, here's why:
Imagine i'm running around with the CA armor, I get into a fight, I lose. Armor drops (everyone knows you'd have to be able to do the epic again), but other than that. Your killer will know you have to do the epic again, so what does he do? He griefs you. Maybe if its even the TSU rifle, he'll know you'll be unarmed (unless you bring another weapon). He camps the npcs and kills you for more of your items.
I for one would NOT want to do an epic everytime I lost an epic item.
I'd rather farm warbots/fire mobs and trade for another one, even if it takes more/same amount of time as an epic.
Epics are fucking annoying :angel:
Then of course, what makes them epic if they drop? For example the TSU rifle isn't near as good as the weapon a PE could use (no way in hell would you ever see a TSU rifle spy in your life time), or in theory could use if some of them wern't fucked :rolleyes:

/Edit, does it really matter if the servers labelled a RP or PvP server? Just go on and do what you want =/
Who says you can't PvP and RP at the same time?

/Edit edit, I do like the idea of imps now falling out when you die, but that might be a bit too easy mode =/

suler
05-01-06, 03:21
Of course, you also have to factor in the type of players that are in Neocron, the "I roleplay a mass murderer" logic and that argument kind of falls apart.

Of course there are going to be people like that, also with them around the anti pker type clans form to try and deal with them. The LE has killed both the pker and the anti pker and created a world of only gankers however.

Also even from an RP perspective, in a world where death simply means you are cloned at a genrep is killing really any worse then mugging?

EDIT: Also if you look at this from a new player perspective who would like to pvp. They would shortly find out that they don't get to pvp at all until cap which makes games like WoW more hardcore. Which is really really sad.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 03:30
Also even from an RP perspective, in a world where death simply means you are cloned at a genrep is killing really any worse then mugging?

Given how the killers often break lore and aren't Roleplaying, this is a shoddy argument.

The world can be as atmospheric as it can be, but if nobody Roleplays, it's pointless.

EDIT: Also if you look at this from a new player perspective who would like to pvp. They would shortly find out that they don't get to pvp at all until cap which makes games like WoW more hardcore. Which is really really sad.

WoW hardcore? Being able to PvP in WoW before the level cap?

Please. Play these games before saying stuff like that.

suler
05-01-06, 03:36
Given how the killers often break lore and aren't Roleplaying, this is a shoddy argument.

The world can be as atmospheric as it can be, but if nobody Roleplays, it's pointless.

So just because a few people aren't roleplaying it means nobody will? Usually pkers like to claim certain areas or only pvp in certain spots. Just consider these bad neighborhoods and avoid them and your rping atmosphere is untouched.

WoW hardcore? Being able to PvP in WoW before the level cap?

Please. Play these games before saying stuff like that.

I have played WoW, capped did MC blah blah. I still stand by my statement, this game is now in a shadow of how hardcore it used to be so everyone still considers it as such.

EDIT: I also pvped throughout the whole leveling, I had a decent rank as soon as they put ranks in way before I was capped.

EDIT2: Uh also I'm not saying WoW is great before anybody goes on about that.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 03:39
So just because a few people aren't roleplaying it means nobody will? Usually pkers like to claim certain areas or only pvp in certain spots. Just consider these bad neighborhoods and avoid them and your rping atmosphere is untouched.

Not in my experience.

It isn't a "few" people who don't Roleplay in Neocron, it's the majority. It's the same with any MMORPG.

I have played WoW, capped did MC blah blah. I still stand by my statement, this game is now in a shadow of how hardcore it used to be so everyone still considers it as such.

You consider WoW to be "hardcore" when the only penalty was a corpse run, and claim that you can PvP at lower levels. I really don't take your comparisons with WoW and Neocron seriously as a result.

suler
05-01-06, 03:48
Not in my experience.

It isn't a "few" people who don't Roleplay in Neocron, it's the majority. It's the same with any MMORPG.

True enough, however you were talking about the pkers and they are usually the miniority.

You consider WoW to be "hardcore" when the only penalty was a corpse run, and claim that you can PvP at lower levels. I really don't take your comparisons with WoW and Neocron seriously as a result.

It's incredibly easy to pvp late at night with other /30s or /40s in places like ashenvale and stranglethorn. With the safe slot the death in NC doesn't really matter either. Imps falling out kind of sucks I guess but it's not a big deal.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 03:51
True enough, however you were talking about the pkers and they are usually the miniority.

Actually, I was talking about non-Roleplayers.

It's incredibly easy to pvp late at night with other /30s or /40s in places like ashenvale and stranglethorn. With the safe slot the death in NC doesn't really matter either. Imps falling out kind of sucks I guess but it's not a big deal.

Zerging Astranaar and camping Booty Bay is hardly PvP; Astranaar is a level 20 area for one, and Booty Bay is taking pot shots at one another before scurrying back to the safety of the guards. Poor examples.

In Neocron you're getting SI, imps falling out, weapon and armour damage, have to jog back to where you were before - risking another attack - as well as a financial loss from any drugs and the like you'd lose. In WoW you get....oh, wait, you get nothing except for a corpse run which is done in total safety.

suler
05-01-06, 04:02
Actually, I was talking about non-Roleplayers.
Alright however people always consider people who don't rp up to their standards not real rpers. Personally if people act like their faction that is good enough for me.

Zerging Astranaar and camping Booty Bay is hardly PvP; Astranaar is a level 20 area for one, and Booty Bay is taking pot shots at one another before scurrying back to the safety of the guards. Poor examples.

Maybe that's how you pvp there during the day but you could fight decent small groups if you go on during the night.

In Neocron you're getting SI, imps falling out, weapon and armour damage, have to jog back to where you were before - risking another attack - as well as a financial loss from any drugs and the like you'd lose. In WoW you get....oh, wait, you get nothing except for a corpse run which is done in total safety.

Death itself doesn't cause weapon or armour damage. Also running back to your corpse in WoW can be a bad thing since it can be camped, then you're faced with a spirit healer with similar item damage. Getting SI is just a time sink like the corpse run.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 04:06
Alright however people always consider people who don't rp up to their standards not real rpers.

Except from what I've seen, people don't even bother to act like they're part of a Faction unless they - OOC - know there'll be something in it for them. As I've used it before, I'll use it again: The Faction Counsellor debacle.

I frequently saw people pissing about them - attacking them, insulting them and so on - with no trace of irony or Roleplay about it. But the funny thing? The second a reward came into the equasion, they'd leap through hoops like obedient little puppies.

Maybe that's how you pvp there during the day but you could fight decent small groups if you go on during the night.

Astranaar is under attack!

Anyone that could actually fight back would arrive and the Horde would run off like wimps. The only thing approaching "real" PvP in that piece of crap was the battlegrounds, but even then it was poor; hideously unbalanced racial traits and map design, not to mention class balance and the like.

Death itself doesn't cause weapon or armour damage.

No, but being slapped around and firing your weapon does.

Also running back to your corpse in WoW can be a bad thing since it can be camped, then you're faced with a spirit healer with similar item damage.

Of course, nobody forces you to use the spirit healer, and if someone falls for corpse camping, they deserved it in the first place. It was easy to evade.

Getting SI is just a time sink like the corpse run.

It also puts you out of commission; your implants aren't working, you can't use your guns and so on.

Honestly, calling WoW hardcore is like saying the Teletubbies were Goth.

suler
05-01-06, 04:15
Except from what I've seen, people don't even bother to act like they're part of a Faction unless they - OOC - know there'll be something in it for them. As I've used it before, I'll use it again: The Faction Counsellor debacle.

True, however in Black dragon we called alot of faction and pepper park meetings that involved the counsellor. However by nobodies standards were we ever considered RPers.

Also about the WoW thing I was mainly referring to the leveling environment being more hardcore, which it is. If you want to keep shooting holes in my argument by bringing up other factors of the game fine.

My main point here is without the LE you can still have a decent game environment that isn't only fun for pkers.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 04:20
True, however in Black dragon we called alot of faction and pepper park meetings that involved the counsellor. However by nobodies standards were we ever considered RPers.

But unless you consistantly Roleplayed outside of that enviroment, it's quite easy to see why people didn't consider you Roleplayers.

If there's one thing I can't stand more than people pretending to Roleplay, it's people that only Roleplay when they want something.

Also about the WoW thing I was mainly referring to the leveling environment being more hardcore, which it is. If you want to keep shooting holes in my argument by bringing up other factors of the game fine.

Of course, you're retroactively changing your argument, so you can do without that last line. You said WoW was more hardcore than Neocron, this is far from being the case.

As for the levelling enviroment being more "hardcore"? Please. There's whining, bitching, crying, moaning and all sorts of bullshit about this supposed "hardcore" system in WoW. So there's the LE in Neocron...what's your point? That imposes a couple of significant limits on the character.

WoW having seperate PvP and PvE servers doesn't make it hardcore.

My main point here is without the LE you can still have a decent game environment that isn't only fun for pkers.

Yet, apparently, this is a reason for WoW being more "hardcore" than Neocron.

If exemption from PvP doesn't make a game "hardcore", then WoW's clearly a game for carebears; after all, it has entire servers which act as one big LE.

suler
05-01-06, 04:36
But unless you consistantly Roleplayed outside of that enviroment, it's quite easy to see why people didn't consider you Roleplayers.

If there's one thing I can't stand more than people pretending to Roleplay, it's people that only Roleplay when they want something.

The counsellor didn't call the meetings, we just invited her because she was there. We had them before and after her. I've always been an advocate of my faction no matter what.

Of course, you're retroactively changing your argument, so you can do without that last line. You said WoW was more hardcore than Neocron, this is far from being the case.

If you don't take the rest of that same post into context then sure I'm changing it now.

As for the levelling enviroment being more "hardcore"? Please. There's whining, bitching, crying, moaning and all sorts of bullshit about this supposed "hardcore" system in WoW. So there's the LE in Neocron...what's your point? That imposes a couple of significant limits on the character.

The LE destroys the atmosphere anyway you look at it. Outside of neocron is supposed to be a tough life, however you can level out there freely. If you want to be completely safe you should have to group up for protection, not just have some magical chip that makes bullets pass through you. If you don't want people getting into your faction zone or hqs you should be able to do so. You most definetly should have to look over your shoulder in rundown areas.

WoW having seperate PvP and PvE servers doesn't make it hardcore.

Yet, apparently, this is a reason for WoW being more "hardcore" than Neocron.

If exemption from PvP doesn't make a game "hardcore", then WoW's clearly a game for carebears; after all, it has entire servers which act as one big LE.

If I had a choice to join a server without an LE I obviously would, which is why we're having this discussion about neptune. Servers with different rules don't make the game as a whole more carebear or less, if you can choose whichever you like. If you play on a PVE server or RP server obviously it's more carebear but I was talking about PVP servers.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 04:45
The counsellor didn't call the meetings, we just invited her because she was there. We had them before and after her. I've always been an advocate of my faction no matter what.

Still doesn't change my own experience; namely people didn't give a toss about Roleplay unless something was in it for them.

Crahn was rife with examples.

If you don't take the rest of that same post into context then sure I'm changing it now.

Your original context was "WoW is more hardcore". Unless you want people to be incapable of understanding the point you want to make, then be specific from the get-go.

The LE destroys the atmosphere anyway you look at it. Outside of neocron is supposed to be a tough life, however you can level out there freely. If you want to be completely safe you should have to group up for protection, not just have some magical chip that makes bullets pass through you. If you don't want people getting into your faction zone or hqs you should be able to do so. You most definetly should have to look over your shoulder in rundown areas.

Could also say that people screaming "PWNED COCKSUCKER" also ruins the atmosphere, not to mention the slanging matches over the comm channels and the inevitable spillover of accusations and smacktalk on the forum. As you're so keen on WoW, look at the RP-PvP servers that were recently created.

Anything BUT Roleplay goes on there, and when it is it's the same trash; Horde players desperate to get off on experiencing ******** and snuff fantasies towards women. If you looked at the forum, it'd be next to impossible to tell the difference between that and a regular server.

Being immune to PvP doesn't break an atmosphere by itself; the people are an enormous factor when it comes to atmosphere.

If I had a choice to join a server without an LE I obviously would, which is why we're having this discussion about neptune. Servers with different rules don't make the game as a whole more carebear or less, if you can choose whichever you like. If you play on a PVE server or RP server obviously it's more carebear but I was talking about PVP servers.

No, once again you were saying "WoW is more hardcore", so yet again I say that unless you're trying to deliberately confuse people, give your specific argument to begin with rather than running the risk of looking as if you're retroactively changing things.

As it stands, people saying PvP servers are "hardcore" seem to be terribly bitter about not being able to shoot people in the back while they're focused on a mob. Don't give me that bunk about it being a "dangerous world" either; as has already been stated, people rarely - if ever - Roleplay outside of faction meetings or when there's something in it for them.

suler
05-01-06, 04:54
Great I have to quote myself

EDIT: Also if you look at this from a new player perspective who would like to pvp. They would shortly find out that they don't get to pvp at all until cap which makes games like WoW more hardcore.

I'm talking about a new player who wants to pvp right? The first thing on his mind would be leveling and pvping and how soon he can pvp. It should be implied that I am referring to this hypothetical noob experience not all of WoW and NC compared side by side. Thanks for quoting me so accurately though.

Could also say that people screaming "PWNED COCKSUCKER" also ruins the atmosphere, not to mention the slanging matches over the comm channels and the inevitable spillover of accusations and smacktalk on the forum. As you're so keen on WoW, look at the RP-PvP servers that were recently created.

Anything BUT Roleplay goes on there, and when it is it's the same trash; Horde players desperate to get off on experiencing ******** and snuff fantasies towards women. If you looked at the forum, it'd be next to impossible to tell the difference between that and a regular server.

Being immune to PvP doesn't break an atmosphere by itself; the people are an enormous factor when it comes to atmosphere.

Good point, the trade channels should also be removed. It's just an easy way to harrass people or bitch about dieing.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 04:56
I'm talking about a new player who wants to pvp right? The first thing on his mind would be leveling and pvping and how soon he can pvp. It should be implied that I am referring to this hypothetical noob experience not all of WoW and NC compared side by side. Thanks for quoting me so accurately though.

Then of course when you mentioned Astranaar and so on, the topic veered off. You can't demand I use the "original context" if it's quite clear you're unable to do the same.

suler
05-01-06, 04:57
Then of course when you mentioned Astranaar and so on, the topic veered off. You can't demand I use the "original context" if it's quite clear you're unable to do the same.

No, I was reinforcing the original point by giving places you could pvp before capping.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 05:03
No, I was reinforcing the original point by giving places you could pvp before capping.

By giving absolutely awful examples, known for zerging and higher levels solely picking on the lower levels. If anything, you weakened the original point.

And, of course, you said people were incapable of PvPing before the cap in Neocron, so I wasn't about to take the comment seriously in the first place.

suler
05-01-06, 05:09
And, of course, you said people were incapable of PvPing before the cap in Neocron, so I wasn't about to take the comment seriously in the first place.

Oh it's possible now but it's dumb, since most people with their LE out are capped players. It's possible to level without your LE now and that is tough enough, however finding good pvp before cap or near cap is pretty damn hard.

It's good you have tried to pvp low level even though you are so into rping, sorry I don't buy an rper pvping. Sure I'm stereotyping and probably wrong but you've already done it plenty so why not join in.

EDIT: I'm still not as condescending as you but I can work on it.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 05:11
Oh it's possible now but it's dumb, since most people with their LE out are capped players. It's possible to level without your LE now and that is tough enough, however finding good pvp before cap or near cap is pretty damn hard.

But you can still find them, so claiming it's impossible to PvP in Neocron before the cap is clutching at straws.

It's good you have tried to pvp low level even though you are so into rping, sorry I don't buy an rper pvping. Sure I'm stereotyping and probably wrong but you've already done it plenty so why not join in.

Oh? Where have I stereotyped? At no point have I said "everyone is like this", I have said "this is what I have seen". A small, but significant, difference.

If you're going to start sniping at the person, rather than the post, at least do it right.

suler
05-01-06, 05:20
But you can still find them, so claiming it's impossible to PvP in Neocron before the cap is clutching at straws.

If to you clutching at straws is not saying an extremely aggrivating way to play is a viable way to play then you are correct. 90 percent of the time you will simply be killed anywhere you go, that 10 percent is not worth counting it.

Oh? Where have I stereotyped? At no point have I said "everyone is like this", I have said "this is what I have seen". A small, but significant, difference.
You're right grouping people based on personal experiences isn't stereotyping, oh wait yes it is.

If you're going to start sniping at the person, rather than the post, at least do it right.

So you're going to take the highground since you make a point to hide the insults so it doesn't seem like they're directed at anybody. Fine I won't mention it again.

Back to the point we are talking about the PVP server not all of nc, do you have any real reasons why taking out the LE from this server would be a bad idea?

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 05:25
If to you clutching at straws is not saying an extremely aggrivating way to play is a viable way to play then you are correct. 90 percent of the time you will simply be killed anywhere you go, that 10 percent is not worth counting it.

I never said it was viable, I said it was possible.

Once again; small but significant differences.

You're right grouping people based on personal experiences isn't stereotyping, oh wait yes it is.

Grouping those people, and only those people, I've experienced doing those actions is stereotyping? Good God, read what I'm saying.

Of course I can label the people I've met. It's precisely because I've met them and seen how they act. It's the difference between saying "those non-Roleplayers don't Roleplay, so those other people aren't Roleplayers" and "I've never seen those non-Roleplayers Roleplay, so they're not Roleplayers".

So you're going to take the highground since you make a point to hide the insults so it doesn't seem like they're directed at anybody. Fine I won't mention it again.

Actually, I'm not taking the high ground, I'm just pointing out that if you want to try and insult someone, do it right; not with off-hand remarks and comments based on your own misunderstandings.

Back to the point we are talking about the PVP server not all of nc, do you have any real reasons why taking out the LE from this server would be a bad idea?

I've already said the PvP server was a dismal failure in it's current incarnation. What more do you want?

Terayon
05-01-06, 05:29
I would play neptune if people wernt lame :) .

Looks like no safeslot dousent promote pvp, it lamifies it.

suler
05-01-06, 05:33
I never said it was viable, I said it was possible.

Once again; small but significant differences.

Being merely possible isn't nearly enough for it to be counted in any argument.

Grouping those people I've experience doing those actions? Good God, read what I'm saying.

Of course I can label the people I've met. It's precisely because I've met them and seen how they act. It's the difference between saying "those non-Roleplayers don't Roleplay, so those other people aren't Roleplayers" and "I've never seen those non-Roleplayers Roleplay, so they're not Roleplay".

No you've judged the majority based on your personal experiences, you have said things like most people don't RP. This is the definition of stereotyping. You've not only stereotyped that they don't RP but also the reasons behind it. Even if it's true it's still stereotyping.

I've already said the PvP server was a dismal failure in it's current incarnation. What more do you want?

Constructive ideas for the server, like what the thread is for.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 05:38
Being merely possible isn't nearly enough for it to be counted in any argument.

But it being possible is grounds to destroy the "it's not possible" argument. ;)

No you've judged the majority based on your personal experiences, you have said things like most people don't RP. This is the definition of stereotyping. You've not only stereotyped that they don't RP but also the reasons behind it. Even if it's true it's still stereotyping.

Actually, wrong again. I have said in my experience the majority of people do not Roleplay. You know, as in "the majority of people I have met". I thought this was pretty obvious, especially by this point.

Constructive ideas for the server, like what the thread is for.

Don't use passive-aggression against me, mate. It takes two to tango, and tonight you've been my dance partner.

suler
05-01-06, 05:48
But it being possible is grounds to destroy the "it's not possible" argument. ;)

Not destroy but dent yes. It just turns it into a "it's not enjoyable or worth doing" argument.

Actually, wrong again. I have said in my experience the majority of people do not Roleplay. You know, as in "the majority of people I have met". I thought this was pretty obvious, especially by this point.

The way you said it could be taken either way, however I'm fine being wrong about it. I take back what I said earlier then. Not the part about you being constantly condescending though that still stands.

Don't use passive-aggression against me, mate. It takes two to tango, and tonight you've been my dance partner.

I'm not denying that, just saying we did kind of take over the thread for our debate.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 05:54
Not destroy but dent yes. It just turns it into a "it's not enjoyable or worth doing" argument.

Fact remains it's possible, and still in the game. So claiming it doesn't take place is futile.

Not the part about you being constantly condescending though that still stands.

Practise what you preach, sweety. Don't berate me like that in a parting shot; it's called hypocrisy. You'll never see me denying my aggressive stance, so please don't try and turn yourself into the victim. It doesn't work on any level.

I'm not denying that, just saying we did kind of take over the thread for our debate.

Proof, if needed, that a reasonable compromise is unlikely to come about soon when it comes to a PvP server.

LTA
05-01-06, 06:01
Looks like no safeslot dousent promote pvp, it lamifies it.

I remember the germans having a lot of fun with pvp on there server when they got no safeslot put back in when everyone else had safeslots..... its not that bad.
What makes it stupid now is everything on dbs etc so it takes days upon days to replace.

Dunno about the RP front, Venus was ram packed with roleplay and most people didnt gain anything they just got to be a part of the AD story and that was enough, as far as terra goes its KK's story and if you want to be a part of the world you make your own story because you wont be involved in the main story....
W're always killing of a spawn of mobs thats in some cave already, Venus had ACTUAL players kidnapped, people volounteered there chars to be not played for a few weeks to rp kidnaps. We had public exections, legendary faction enemies, CA excavations, every faction had stuff, had its own little stories going on for people to be a part of... kk at most manage a biggish story that they run with themselevs and there team.... and you just kill some mobs... or some other runners like a sugar coated op war/

suler
05-01-06, 06:02
Fact remains it's possible, and still in the game. So claiming it doesn't take place is futile.

An argument isn't completely dismissible just because the terms have changed. PVPing low level is really rare and not worth doing.

Practise what you preach, sweety. Don't berate me like that in a parting shot; it's called hypocrisy. You'll never see me denying my aggressive stance, so please don't try and turn yourself into the victim. It doesn't work on any level.

That's not really how I meant it though. I was just pointing it out so it didn't end up the opposite of what you just said.

Proof, if needed, that a reasonable compromise is unlikely to come about soon when it comes to a PvP server.

Maybe but suggesting ideas to improve it, whether debated or not, is not a bad thing.

Paper Dragon
05-01-06, 06:04
An argument isn't completely dismissible just because the terms have changed. PVPing low level is really rare and not worth doing.

Actually, in this case it is. You said it didn't take place, and was effectively impossible. This isn't the case, so the argument is dismissable. Use a different argument, certainly, but saying it doesn't take place and is impossible doesn't work.

/EDIT - Anyway, off to bed now. Whatever.

suler
05-01-06, 06:10
I didn't really say it was impossible, just implied it.

EDIT: bye

Dogface
05-01-06, 06:57
Does it REALLY matter? This has gone completely off topic, paper dragon, can you resist the need to argue with everything everyone says about the smallest thing just for ONCE? Evertytime I read a post from you, you're always arguing..
Please, keep it to yourself... This is about Neptune. Now WoW ffs..

/edit, that goes to both of you. Since it takes two people to argu :p
Now be told !

RentonDraines
05-01-06, 07:22
off topic, but...

what about Pluto? It was the most popular, most pvp friendly server there was. (correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't neptune supposed to be a 1 slot to begin with, back when we were really asking for it in the nc1 days?)

why is a 1 slot server a bad word now? I would play on a 1 slot server. (why do all your angry faces make me feel like i'm kicking a dead holy cow? seriously, stop it!)

Wouldn't making a 1-slot, no-safe zone, open belt, NO LE server, perty much make the ultimate pvp server? Think i'm crazy? I don't recall items from saturn being sold on ebay. tho i have seen items sold for as much as 100 bucks from pluto.

Tradeskillers will join in, just like they did on pluto. This time, though, they'll be expensive since all the pvp'ers will be desperate.

If you want to remove the need for trade skillers, then make it simple! Get rid of rares. What you buy is what you get. That's right. Get down with your "Bad Tangent Plasma Cannon" self.

Seriously..... The player is only as good as his weapon anyway.

point is: 1 slot.

eprodigy
05-01-06, 07:35
one thing is for sure; they HAVE to make a change, obviously the way it is isn't working. nothing to lose by experimenting then?

but honestly most of these ideas are little things.. removing the LE will make you go play neptune? (why? someone with LE doesn't want to fight so probably won't fight or won't play there then..), 1 slot is great but it's already a 'secondary' server so a lot of issues 1slots help won't matter much here, etc...

one thought i have.. a few mentioned removing monks or disabling certain ppu-related spells (including me)... something like that is a sure way to make people play it; you couldn't possibly lower neptunes population (nothing to lose), but I could see a lot of people returning to NC that left because of ppus.

Terayon
05-01-06, 07:37
Pluto wasent the most popular server. Also 1 slot server is dumb becouse everyone pays for 4 accounts anyways.

RentonDraines
05-01-06, 15:26
i was laying down to sleep last night, and i think i came up with a possible solution.

If Neptune is supposed to be a PVP (NON-RP) server, then how about taking out the RP.... that is, character creation lets you build pre-capped characters. All the points are right there, and you can put them where you like before you log in No more leveling, no more high lvl chars killing low lvl chars. And I'm guessing they could simply replace the existing premade jobs (i.e., hacker, engineer, regulator) with new capped jobs (rifle spy, pistol pe, ppu monk, etc.) Since it's a pvp server and everyone starts out capped, there becomes no need for the LE, so that problem is solved as well.

If it's supposed to be a pvp server, then the less time people spend off in chaos or swamp caves, the better.

cRazy-
05-01-06, 15:31
Ive had this idea before too, choose your class, chose your weapons, spend the skill points and start.

To be honest if this was the case even I would play Neptune.

05-01-06, 15:50

I will never subscribe to that view. Unfortunately it appears that most people dont PvP to RP they PvP to PvP (the red = dead mentality)

PvP players attack because they can, not because thats what their character would do under those circumstances. If people were really being honest to their character(s) then item drops wouldn't mean squat to anyone except a petty mugger character type (in essence: low level PvP), 'normal' people, 'proper' criminals and 'underhanded corp types' don't kill you over what you have in your pockets, they have much bigger fish to fry.

So whats it going to be? You either just want to kill him for his uber weapon or you kill him because hes an obsticle to your/your factions aims (and to hell what what he has in his pockets).....

I don't care, I'll never participate in unbalanced/unrestricted PvP in any game because there are too many griefers out there and I play to RP - get ganked by some bored high rank isnt my idea of fun or RP! (and please don't try and tell me it wouldn't happen)

xyl_az
05-01-06, 15:55
If Neptune is supposed to be a PVP (NON-RP) server, then how about taking out the RP.... that is, character creation lets you build pre-capped characters. All the points are right there, and you can put them where you like before you log in No more leveling, no more high lvl chars killing low lvl chars. And I'm guessing they could simply replace the existing premade jobs (i.e., hacker, engineer, regulator) with new capped jobs (rifle spy, pistol pe, ppu monk, etc.) Since it's a pvp server and everyone starts out capped, there becomes no need for the LE, so that problem is solved as well.

fucking jesus, not another one...

does noone read other posts in this thread? There was at least 5 such ideas along the way already in this thread...

deathmatch arena server is pointless for several reasons.
reason 1. there are alot of better fps deathmatch games out there than in NC. Go play CS
reason 2. such setting wouldnt bring any new players to neptune (remember that fps games are free...). You might have see it as fun for an hour or so before coming back to your main server. No one would really play such server as their main cause deathmatch gets boring after 1 hour. Simple as that. And that means no new players for neptune and no money for KK.

and one more thing, neptune setting (assuming fixed setting like no LEs and no warzones/battlefield sectors) IS the best setting for BOTH roleplay and pvp.

/edit:/

@5150

I understand your concern, but with such point of view you should be comfortable with the existing servers - or am i wrong?
My point is that neptune should gather people who arent satisfied with the current LE/safezone gameplay (eg people who left, stopped playing as well as new crowd looking for some more hardcore setting) and who would rather expect some kind of challenge... For the obvious reasons theres no point in making people move from other server to neptune, as the main goal should be to increase the playerbase instad of transfering existing players from one server to another.
There are 3 LE servers already so people who dont like free/unrestricted environment can play wherever they wish. For people who would like to play a free/unrestricted world there are none.
Thats the problem.

05-01-06, 16:11
@5150

I understand your concern, but with such point of view you should be comfortable with the existing servers - or am i wrong?

No your absolutely right (could be 'more happier' but thats another thread)

My point was that I don't see how 'more RP' arguments work when we are talking about what current NC players want from a PvP server - if you were talking about a hypothetical 'perfect world' server then the 'hardcore RP' could be justified. But then such a server would never exist because its the players, not the server rules, that are the first point of failure of RP...... (not least because everyone has a different view on what 'is' RP)

I was just sticking my oar in, sorry

Vampire222
05-01-06, 19:04
if neptune was the oldskool hardcore nc shit, so high tech droprate no qb hacking, or hacking with like 80 hack, no genrep locks, NO UNDERGROUND LOCKS, no bullshit safezones, old sl and symph system, then i reckon lots of people would play on it, no bullshit highlevel guards, no bloody stun weapons on guards, and lots of people would come back for it., it'd be shitloads more fun imo to have city raids come together, and work.

Dogface
05-01-06, 23:43
IMHO, on Neptune I'd rather have a city raid over an opwar..
So, remove guard para, nerf the damage a bit and jesus christ, make a much small amount of guards per zone ! It's rediculous how many guards are walking backwards into gravlifts constantly. Way too many guards...

ThrillHousE
06-01-06, 10:30
so high tech droprate no qb hacking

Seems to be ppl posting here and have no glue whats about Neptune. On Neptune every non LE can loot a qb, there's no hacking needed. And LE'd people can't loot!

Calabim
06-01-06, 12:38
Make all zones wasteland/hacknet.

Buff security in small areas like DOY CC, Plaza and TH.
(Make them shoot everyone with drawn weapons after 1 warning, remember to get them to shoot drones aswell. Make S/D count as weapons drawn).

Increase techpart drops or get rid of them entirely.
(I would prefer getting rid of rares, so there is some sort of reason to use "epic" weapons, besides them not dropping.
Currently there is nothing "epic" about them, theyre just used for grinding mobs).

Make store bought weapons better.
(this is not a tradeskilling server, you should not be forced to find tradeskillers to level).

Convert shops to the way they were before NC2.
(Keep the FDB as it is, since its possible to get allies to get the bps, and get rid of the licenses).

Make people drop everything when they die in their backpack for all to loot.
(except epics and implants).

Get rid of grinding for MC5 chips. Make them drop with the rare pool,
or just make them the only parts dropping.
(maybe make ultimas techpart drop in the rarepool aswell, but keep WoC the way it is).

Make all weapons and armor only sellable at YO´s for a low price,
(why are the manufactors buying things that they make themselves?).

Rework SL: You should only lose SL when you kill allies, if you get red, all guards will shoot at you, and everyone will gain SL for killing you.

Seperate UG and GR security, so each item is set separetly.
(Always open UG just encourage people to be lamers, hack one layer and then camp the UG).

Dogface
06-01-06, 16:27
(Make them shoot everyone with drawn weapons after 1 warning, remember to get them to shoot drones aswell. Make S/D count as weapons drawn).

Why would anyone want this done? If anything its going against the cause for a pvp server. It's just basically a safezone in disguise.

(I would prefer getting rid of rares, so there is some sort of reason to use "epic" weapons, besides them not dropping.
Currently there is nothing "epic" about them, theyre just used for grinding mobs).

I'd rather have everyone running around with rares than storebought weapons. There are alot of storeboughts that suck. Plus its just nice having a cabinet with lots of rares.

I'd leave. Why such a huge punishment for losing in pvp?

(maybe make ultimas techpart drop in the rarepool aswell, but keep WoC the way it is).

I think you'll find the server will be full of xbow pes/spies rather than the suspected apu/ppus teams.
There's no point in having MC5 chips if theres no rares to use. MC5 parts will become worthless if they drop in the rare pool. Economy (everything the characters have that are ALREADY on Neptune will become utterly worthless. Including the stock of a lot of clans.) will just be pointless because a good TPC will be worth more than a DS or SA.
I think the only thing that will keep its value will be a woc disc. Then the price of those will rocket beyond belief because the whole server will want to be xbow pes to own the noobs with storebought weapons, loot their packs and repeat.

Can't say I agree with them 8|

ThrillHousE
06-01-06, 17:28
Still pointing that view:

No LE
Increase Rarepart drop on factor 3x
All Zones Wasteland/Hacknet

perhaps readd the saveslot!?! All that would keep the MMORPG style and increase the PvP, so you don't drop your fav rare but still got drop, even on a Op fight!

These changes wouldn't be to hard to implement, but i guess it will make it more popular for Runner to join!

Calabim
06-01-06, 18:17
Why would anyone want this done? If anything its going against the cause for a pvp server. It's just basically a safezone in disguise.
You need to have a place to meet other people for repairs, pokes, trades or any other tradeskilling.
It should still be raidable just not with the usual stealther or apu/ppu team.

I'd rather have everyone running around with rares than storebought weapons.
There are alot of storeboughts that suck. Plus its just nice having a cabinet with lots of rares.
Theres alot of rares that suck. If you get a kick out of having a cabinet full of rares, I can understand why you want the increased rare drops.
Why would you want people to run around with rares instead of normal weapons?

I'd leave. Why such a huge punishment for losing in pvp?
Neocron is already a PvP game, the current sector rules are a big mistake in my oppinion. So in order to make this a "hardcore" PvP server you need to have penalties that correspond, and without a penalty there cant be a reward.

Calabim
06-01-06, 18:25
I think you'll find the server will be full of xbow pes/spies rather than the suspected apu/ppus teams.
There's no point in having MC5 chips if theres no rares to use. MC5 parts will become worthless if they drop in the rare pool. Economy (everything the characters have that are ALREADY on Neptune will become utterly worthless. Including the stock of a lot of clans.) will just be pointless because a good TPC will be worth more than a DS or SA.
I think the only thing that will keep its value will be a woc disc. Then the price of those will rocket beyond belief because the whole server will want to be xbow pes to own the noobs with storebought weapons, loot their packs and repeat.
This thread is not about the people already playing there, and what items they have.
Why shouldnt a 5 slotted ultimated TPC be more worth than a MC5 chip.
If youre a tradeskiller you have sacrified one of your 2 slots for it, you have been sitting there for hours making the same weapon over and over.
You on the other hand have used one of your fight chars to go and grind MC5,
You dont have to spend nearly the same amount of time to do it, especialy not if you increase the droprate for them aswell.

About the economy: If you want this to be a PvP server dont expect as many people to grind for creds.
The drop all rule will also create a better money sink, because most will just buy new armor,
and the lowered value of reselling items is there to discourage you from looting the entire backpack.
Just because the other servers are suffering from Inflation doesnt mean we have to totaly kill the PvP servers economy.
Especialy with increased tech drops and faster leveling.

ZoVoS
06-01-06, 19:50
i know... totaly remove the monk class from neptune

Dade Murphey
06-01-06, 20:24
Increase Rarepart drop on factor 3x

See..this is what I was talking about back on page 5...
why do some neptune players think you should have something more than anyone else on other servers...
You should NOT have increased drop rates
You should NOT have lessened SI
You should NOT have increased XP gain
You should HAVE to put in the same amount of work as all the rest of us so at the end of the day when you lose your new 5 slot rare toy you're as pissed as the rest of us....you're not paying more to get special treatment

*I realize this is off topic...sorry*

Paper Dragon
06-01-06, 20:33
I think some people are mistaking "PvP server" for "easier ride".

Dundie22
06-01-06, 20:40
I would rather see a merge , more players = more fun. :)

Paper Dragon
06-01-06, 20:45
I would rather see a merge , more players = more fun. :)

Or, alternatively, clash of two worlds = pissed off end result = less fun.

Dade Murphey
06-01-06, 20:48
Or, alternatively, clash of two worlds = pissed off end result = less fun.

I agree largely with Dundie...and I've been wishing they'd do it for years...the player base is simply too small for the number of servers they currently have open...though to an extent you could be right too PD...though I don't think it'd be much of a clash...surely mosta these people played on some server before neptune opened =P

Paper Dragon
06-01-06, 20:52
I agree largely with Dundie...and I've been wishing they'd do it for years...the player base is simply too small for the number of servers they currently have open...though to an extent you could be right too PD...though I don't think it'd be much of a clash...surely mosta these people played on some server before neptune opened =P

So how do you merge two fundamentally different servers WITHOUT there being problems?

If they both played by the same rules, I'd support the idea. As it stands though, they don't so I will not.

Dade Murphey
06-01-06, 21:12
when I spoke of having always wanted them to merge the servers...I meant all servers, but that aside...

What makes, say, terra and neptune so drastically different that they couldn't be merged?

Dogface
06-01-06, 23:00
Character slots.

LTA
06-01-06, 23:04
They merged the pandore playerbase into terra/neptune.....

and pandore had a-lot of extra stuff, extra rules etc

Not a merge as such but near enough since they allowed everyone to transfer there chars if they wished, so it was kinda pushin 1 type of player onto another type of player

Paper Dragon
06-01-06, 23:23
Not a merge as such but near enough since they allowed everyone to transfer there chars if they wished, so it was kinda pushin 1 type of player onto another type of player

You said it yourself.

That was an optional character transfer, not a compulsory server merge.

LTA
06-01-06, 23:38
You said it yourself.

That was an optional character transfer, not a compulsory server merge.

Well you was forced to Neptune a pvp server or Terra... a bit of everything server when the Pandore player base was a very big roleplaying community and if you had chars on terra you was forced to another server with no chars (if you had any) or your chars were merged to neptune.

Dogface
06-01-06, 23:45
I can imagine it taking a hell of a lot of work to merge two servers, a lot of overtime, a lot of money (I can only assume) and a lot of pressure from the community on doing the job right. Lets say, they did merge and they fucked up something, some people would be on their case and won't let it drop..
I can see KK thinking its not worth it.
I'd like a Neptune/Terra merge but yeah, for reasons stated above it probably won't happen.

I have a question for KK, I'd like them to answer it but I know they won't:

What will you do with Neptune if this doesn't work either?

RentonDraines
09-01-06, 22:45
OK I think i have an idea that could definitely change things for the better.

As this thread is getting a bit long in the tooth, I was thinking of making a new thread, but we'll see.

1: Get rid of LE (i know, i know, just read on..)

2: using existing code from team hunting exp, make it so that you can only target other players who are not < or > 10 active rank of you! So it's basically a combination of existing technology for the game. IF a player is over 10 rank away from you, you simply can't target them, and PPU spells have no effect.

The way I see this working is, All clans will have to recruit members with different ranks and skills, so they can fight on all levels. Other benefits:

All players will have a fighting chance if attacked in cold blood.

No noob ganking by capped chars with rares and nothing better to do..

Players of all levels will be useful for their clan and faction.

Makes pvp viable for all players, not just hardcore neocron experts with their "perfect pvp setups" -that is, even casual players will be able to find a "fair fight" simply by looking for an enemy they can target.

----
I can't shake this feeling that I heard of some other game doing something like this, but I can't for the life of me think of what it might be.

Anyway, thoughts?

ThrillHousE
10-01-06, 15:44
Your idea is not bad, but i guess impossible to realize. Cause my Tank is fullcapped and max. CR is 67. Which means that i can't attack a Monk which usual have a CR of 90 and over.

RusSki
10-01-06, 15:56
remove holy heal/shelter/deflector.

remove para.

make le implant fall out when user reaches xx/30.

make hunt zones have massive sl and symp hits for killing any runner. by massive i means MASSIVE, much more than currently on any other server.

Make belts require a simple hack to open so everyone can spec for it. but meaning that u might not lose ur belt if ur quick and lucky.

RentonDraines
12-01-06, 17:57
Your idea is not bad, but i guess impossible to realize. Cause my Tank is fullcapped and max. CR is 67. Which means that i can't attack a Monk which usual have a CR of 90 and over.

Well that would keep you from having to fight that monk. You would just need to team with someont 80 or higher to allow your team to fight him, so this way you'd have the backup you need to face a capped monk.

Obviously it would need to be tweaked.

ThrillHousE
12-01-06, 20:36
I'd rather say, all people who discuss here on this topic, should take a look at Neptune. Cause settings are very good atm. But it's seeming that more people coming day by day, we're getting % like Mercury on prime time, cause people do realize the advantages of neptune. And the only problem which has to be fixed, is the comunity, you only have to connect then the main problem is gone.

RogerRamjet
12-01-06, 21:12
I'd rather say, all people who discuss here on this topic, should take a look at Neptune. Cause settings are very good atm. But it's seeming that more people coming day by day, we're getting % like Mercury on prime time, cause people do realize the advantages of neptune. And the only problem which has to be fixed, is the comunity, you only have to connect then the main problem is gone.

Id say Mercury is getting more like Neptune.

Ah, sometimes i exceed myself.

xyl_az
12-01-06, 22:37
again, its a very simple issue... just remove the damned LE out of the server !

thats all it really needs

oh and exchange the battlefield sectors with hacknett/wasteland sectors as well (its an important issue as batlefield zones allows anyone to nullify - just as LE - neptune pvp settings).

zii
12-01-06, 22:49
I'm happy with the server the way it is, except I think that the LE ought to be removed.

QuickBelt! Hell, the item ought to drop straight to the floor :p

pain_easer
12-01-06, 23:12
I'm happy with the server the way it is, except I think that the LE ought to be removed.

QuickBelt! Hell, the item ought to drop straight to the floor :p

Lol thats a good one , id play if that would happen

Terayon
12-01-06, 23:17
2: using existing code from team hunting exp, make it so that you can only target other players who are not < or > 10 active rank of you! So it's basically a combination of existing technology for the game. IF a player is over 10 rank away from you, you simply can't target them, and PPU spells have no effect.

Does team use combat rank or base? Im pretty sure its combat so this realy wont work. My h-c pe is capped with a nice combat rank of 4 chevs. They would have to use base rank for it to work, and even then i wonder if its possable to raise your base rank enough by drugging to avoid fights.

RogerRamjet
12-01-06, 23:54
Does team use combat rank or base? Im pretty sure its combat so this realy wont work. My h-c pe is capped with a nice combat rank of 4 chevs. They would have to use base rank for it to work, and even then i wonder if its possable to raise your base rank enough by drugging to avoid fights.

Team goes on combat rank.

Thats why its a right arse on if youve got a high lvl PPU/hybrid to lvl.