PDA

View Full Version : Kame's monk Nerf idea (5th this week)

Kame
03-01-06, 06:16
I think monks are smart, and in no way should be as smart as they are.

100 INT means they can basically ress/cstr as high as spys.

But then somewhere in the storyline theyve had to use spys to work for em ?

For recycling/repair ?? CMON !! that makes no sense.

Why ask someone else when u can do yourself ?

With this in mind, i suggest 'readapting' monk's INT.
100 int is way too much, and its also what makes that we see a lot of monks on the OPs battlefield.
They can hack as good as SPY without even gimping theyre setups.
So why use a slasher or silent hunter when u can holy para/hab.
The fact that they can hack ALONE makes that we see a lot on the field at OPs.

They might be a 'pure' class (100 levels in 2 skills ), i think the uber int is a bit too much.

I think the monks should not be involved in hacking at all : It is so not their type.

My idead is that monks should have 60 INT instead of 100.
This would make that they wouldnt be able to hack decent without gimping their PSU.
Now i know what you all gonna say : 'what about the belts ???'
now this is where we would need a new item. maybe 2.
Monks would now need a special belt, wich could cover xray or nrg, i guess.
(this is debatable, and tbh i didnt give it much tought yet.But i dont think the type of resist really is something that could overpower them.)

And this would also promote spys in OP battles, making it so you need 4 SPYs
to sucessfully hack an OP.(they could be other classes, but with the respective gimps.)

Also this way someone could hardly take (ninja) an OP with one account, since i dont think anyone out there has a all hacking spys account.

Now this would leave us with one last problem : the leveling.

since it sould be so damn fast to cap INT, i think the PSI xp gain should be gimped by like half.
Meaning you would have to level 2x more to cap PSI.

Now this is a great idea and all but what im wondering atm is , if something like one of our ideas, or anyone's idea for that matter, is implemented to the game, well..

How would the change happen to existing monks ?

Is totally changing the base skill of one class not technically possible ?

And seeing what happened with the NC1 - NC2 transfer i dont think KK would have etiquete barriers and be like "oh well its not fair to fundamentaly change a class "

I think this could be a solution everyone could bear tho, like it would not TOTALLY FUCK UP someone.

What does you ppl think ?

onero S
03-01-06, 06:18
I think monks are smart, and in no way should be as smart as they are.

100 INT means they can basically ress/cstr as high as spys.

But then somewhere in the storyline theyve had to use spys to work for em ?

For recycling/repair ?? CMON !! that makes no sense.

Why ask someone else when u can do yourself ?

With this in mind, i suggest 'readapting' monk's INT.
100 int is way too much, and its also what makes that we see a lot of monks on the OPs battlefield.
They can hack as good as SPY without even gimping theyre setups.
So why use a slasher or silent hunter when u can holy para/hab.
The fact that they can hack ALONE makes that we see a lot on the field at OPs.

They might be a 'pure' class (100 levels in 2 skills ), i think the uber int is a bit too much.

I think the monks should not be involved in hacking at all : It is so not their type.

My idead is that monks should have 60 INT instead of 100.
This would make that they wouldnt be able to hack decent without gimping their PSU.
Now i know what you all gonna say : 'what about the belts ???'
now this is where we would need a new item. maybe 2.
Monks would now need a special belt, wich could cover xray or nrg, i guess.
(this is debatable, and tbh i didnt give it much tought yet.But i dont think the type of resist really is something that could overpower them.)

And this would also promote spys in OP battles, making it so you need 4 SPYs
to sucessfully hack an OP.(they could be other classes, but with the respective gimps.)

Also this way someone could hardly take (ninja) an OP with one account, since i dont think anyone out there has a all hacking spys account.

Now this would leave us with one last problem : the leveling.

since it sould be so damn fast to cap INT, i think the PSI xp gain should be gimped by like half.
Meaning you would have to level 2x more to cap PSI.

Now this is a great idea and all but what im wondering atm is , if something like one of our ideas, or anyone's idea for that matter, is implemented to the game, well..

How would the change happen to existing monks ?

Is totally changing the base skill of one class not technically possible ?

And seeing what happened with the NC1 - NC2 transfer i dont think KK would have etiquete barriers and be like "oh well its not fair to fundamentaly change a class "

I think this could be a solution everyone could bear tho, like it would not TOTALLY FUCK UP someone.

What does you ppl think ?

err, this would boost monks in a wierd way, you have to put the points some where, you can't do str for obvious reasons so you eather have faster monks, more powerful monks, or monks who can take more dmg.

ZoVoS
03-01-06, 06:20
monks were smarter than spys. monks created the dna sequencing to breed gen tanks

monks were always smarter =S

onero S
03-01-06, 06:21
monks were always smarter =S

and better looking tbh

Kame
03-01-06, 06:21
I meant they should be like this :

60 INT
20STR
45CON
35DEX
100PSI

onero S
03-01-06, 06:22
you can't do that

ZoVoS
03-01-06, 06:35
you can't do that
hes right u cant

has to add up to erm 300

Castr0
03-01-06, 12:28
It has to be 300 yep.
Do that do that :
60 int
60 str
35 dext
45 const
100 psi
So my PPU can kill everyone with big melee weapons : P

Bugs Gunny
03-01-06, 12:43
Sicne monsk are all about psi and mana, and not about technology (which is why they used spies), they can't use hacktools.
So a no monk req on hacktools would solve it without having to totaly redo the monks themselves.

And before you all start cursing at me, i have a belthacking capped apu hybrid on drugs that has gotten me some very nice shit allready.

commerzgandalf
03-01-06, 12:48
why melee
hc ppu with speedgatling 0o

Agent L
03-01-06, 13:51
Has-to-add-to-300 is another idea that's good only at first glance.

onero S
03-01-06, 18:35
Has-to-add-to-300 is another idea that's good only at first glance.

no...has to add to 300 is a good idea

Cadgar
03-01-06, 18:56
u want more spys and no hacking monks.
why didnt u say make hacking a dex skill?

Castr0
03-01-06, 19:08
because this would f*** up spies and pes dmg, how can you get more than 100 hck and still 180 in RC or PC if hack is a Dext skill ?

Cadgar
03-01-06, 19:14
exactly this is what i mean. he wants to lower int for monks so they cant hack but he himself dont want any changes O_o

Finl
03-01-06, 20:36
with 60 int apus cant cap spells.

giga191
03-01-06, 21:18
nerf their armor, what's the point of their low con if they have good armor...0o

Finl
04-01-06, 15:56
resist only for energy... + belt

Kame
04-01-06, 16:14
with 60 int apus cant cap spells.

good point, i hadnt checked, just did.

a moveon setup monk can get 189 psu with 85 INT.

then maybe tone it down to 85, and since it HAS to do 300 then those pts could be redistributed in STR/CON.

if its more CON then they could nerf armor just a lil bit, and everything would be fine...
but i think something like 45 STR/50 CON sounds good.
we could see a whole new type of mellee/hc ppus out of this tho, wich would be overpowered..the idea obviously needs some thinking but u get the point.

Finl
04-01-06, 18:32
monks aint do shit with str atm... only resistforce and Some trasport.

and after int 80-85 monks cant do anything else then use spells, with all psu.

TOP where i might go about monk int is 90, it will take some hacking off from them. around 15 levels if apu goes for hacking from around 90-100 base with 100. it makes hacks a bit harder but not imposible tought. (ops). but storylines sayd monks are smartasses - so dropping int is not a solution even becouse that.

...and then you need to remember that APUS have NO defence at all (only energy resist armors). Only problem with monks is hybrids - at least what i can see. I wont even want to play one, i had one - lommed it to pure apu becouse it was a bit lame - seriusly.

swapping armors makes it too easy for abusing too, with macros. you can make a macro with notime (if you know what ur doing) to swap pa -> quickbelt and back. and even with out macrohacks - its too powerfull. nice shelder, heal, buffs + hl capped rof and pretty nice damage on it.

and what about con resists. it really does not mather much do you have 50 or 60 fireresists. so boosting CON + nerfin offence (int) is useless solution.

I need to say in this in here too, i can see the balace problem that bad in this game atm. i know the ppu's are so powerfull - but hell, thats it should be - right?. Combo with apu ppu is allways bee nice duet and thats it should be. only thing what needs a boost in fights is TANKS. More power for tank weapons. Tanks should get more resists too, by armors.

Pe players can stop whining about pe sucks - it DOESNOT. in duel good pe versus good apu, iven if apu does not mis any hits from pe, it will die pretty easy before even he can hits them...what it takes, 6? hits from hl to kill pe?. to face to face with pe who has a xbow or flasher, Apu will kneel for thous weapons. Pe players usually whine becouse they whine becouse they get killed by this duet - why attack 2 players same time - is that so smart?.

the result of that will be a pretty much same if you attack versus 2 tank, pe's, apu's.

And after this, i know there will be some whining about (HAR HAR, i allways kill 2 chars but not apu+ppu) - dont need that kinda comment on this :)

I havent make big post to this forum before (been here a "while" still), but this whining about chars getting me so pissed out allready.

long post, lots of typos but you will get the point.

/me goes to buy more ammo for slasher, cya in game.

/edit - Fix spy's rifles

Kame
04-01-06, 19:32
i guess some ppl could make STR oriented ppu setup that could be uber

Scanner Darkly
04-01-06, 20:06
Or simply give hack tools a 50-60 dex requirement, if you really want only non monks hacking. This would also stop buffed up PPUs running into HN to hit "that button".

Finl
04-01-06, 20:12
with out ability hack monks will came pretty useless chars for hunting too, so idea banned.

(for that dex requirement)

Paper Dragon
04-01-06, 20:14
Or simply give hack tools a 50-60 dex requirement, if you really want only non monks hacking. This would also stop buffed up PPUs running into HN to hit "that button".

Then you'd kill off lowbie hacking.

Scanner Darkly
04-01-06, 20:25
Then you'd kill off lowbie hacking.

Good point, what about putting a non-monk requirement on it? :p

Paper Dragon
04-01-06, 20:28
Good point, what about putting a non-monk requirement on it? :p

Then you'd kill off....er....hmm.

Hey, look! Your favourite celebrity!

Kame
04-01-06, 20:50
I just think its lame that someone can hack an OP with one account.

Cadgar
04-01-06, 21:08
I just think its lame that someone can hack an OP with one account.

play on mars :-)

Finl
04-01-06, 21:32
if someone wants to make 4 hacker chars - just let them. :)

onero S
04-01-06, 21:48
all you have to do is this, its very simple, give hack tools dex reqs, make it so the low tl ones can be used by monks, the high tl ones can't. Then make hacktool tl matter, monks will be able to hack everything exept belts and ops and it won't gimp them for hunting warbies or anything else that needs hacking.

ZoVoS
04-01-06, 22:01
if someone wants to make 4 hacker chars - just let them. :)

erm a pe can hack ops
a monks can easily hack ops... my hybrid hacks ops
a spy can easily hack ops

anybody can spec enough points to hack an op

i even have a tank who used to hack ops

Finl
04-01-06, 23:34
thats true, but still, its nerfing chars. "nerfig" its a kinda wrong word but still.