PDA

View Full Version : king o the monk nurf ideas

ZoVoS
03-01-06, 04:33
FIRST

change all modules

50% natural damage (fire poison energy force)
50% psi damage

reinstate resist psi

as with all other resists. 200 to cap a 76% damage reduction

Alter armour as follows

DURANIUM 4

HELMET +31 psi resist
VEST +30 psi resist
LEGS +30 psi resist

DURANIUM 3

HELMET +26 psi resist
VEST +25 psi resist
LEGS +25 psi resist

DURANIUM 2

HELMET +21 psi resist
VEST +20 psi resist
LEGS +20 psi resist

DURANIUM 1

HELMET +16 psi resist
VEST +15 psi resist
LEGS +15 psi resist

-----------------------

DURANITE/INQ 4

HELMET +26 psi resist
VEST +25 psi resist
LEGS +25 psi resist

DURANITE/INQ 3

HELMET +21 psi resist
VEST +20 psi resist
LEGS +20 psi resist

DURANITE/INQ 2

HELMET +16 psi resist
VEST +15 psi resist
LEGS +15 psi resist

DURANITE/INQ 1

HELMET +11 psi resist
VEST +10 psi resist
LEGS +10 psi resist

-----------------------

BOOST DURANIUM
LIGHT +25 psi resist
MEDIUM +28 Psi resist
HEAVY +32 psi resist

BOOST DURANITE
LIGHT +20 psi resist
MEDIUM +23 Psi resist
HEAVY +26 psi resist

BOOST INQ
LIGHT +15 psi resist
MEDIUM +18 Psi resist
HEAVY +21 psi resist

-----------------------

give a full set of monk robes only a 50 points give or take

create a set of psi resist bones that are accessable via con that a monk can poke instead of force resist onces.

other classes could chose them over xray resist/normal bones (such as spys so spys dont get left out on the resist)

this further reduces a monks piercing defence

if you think about all the situations this would be used. it isnt to directly effect a monk so monks kill monks. its so monks have to spec different implants and mroe of there psi pool else where bringing them inline with the other classes

also it tones down all classes apart form tanks so battles will last a little longer and also brings all classes inline with tanks ^_^

-= i havent decided the values to tag onto battle boots/armoud and i havent decided the values of the bones yet im still thinking about it. any input is usefull=-

also increasing the usefullness of a psi resist chip and maby taggin psi resist on to spys high end chips not to leave them out

----- JUST SO EVERYBODY READS THIS... IF U CAP ENERGY RESIST BUT DIDNT CAP PSI RESIST THE HOLY LIGHTNIN WOULD DO MORE DAMAGE, HOWEVER THIS RESIST SHOULD BE EASY TO GET HIGH RESIST IN... AND WILL MEAN THAT MONKS HAVE TO PUT SOME OF THERE VALUED POINTS IN IT IF THEY DONT WANT TO DROP TO ANOTHER MONK IN A FEW SECONDS... THEREFORE IT TONES DOWN THE TOTAL EFFECTIVENESS OF MONKS AND ALOWES THE CHARACTERS TO BE MORE DIVERSE-----

also what do u think about shelter/deflector helping against psi based atacks?

EDIT

FOOT NOTE -=- tone down the mst and ppu requierments on the DB and Blessed deflector and shelter but leave the values needed to get the %'s the same and the PSI lvl requiered

Heavyporker
03-01-06, 05:13
No armor except for psi armor should have built-in psi resist. And even then, it should be small, like +10 or something for holy spirit armor.

All the strength based armors (excepting viper king and titan) were developed to defend against purely elemental attacks (energy, fire, force, xray). Even the psi based armors were created by monks/ monk-enslaved spies so monks wouldn't be so vulnerable from the plasma weaponry that caused their fall from power in Neocron City.

There are already psi-resist implants. And it's psi! You have to have specially-developed technologies that defends or interferes with psi, because it's a whole another realm from the purely elemental.

And believe me, I've suggested splitting apu psi modules into elemental and psi damage types a long time ago, many times, but I've been shot down FAST. Not without reason, but still.

Oh, and shelter/deflector MUST NOT DEFEND AGAINST PSI! Only psi shield should do that. That'd be awesome, though, 100% psi resistance but burns your energy like insane.

Dribble Joy
03-01-06, 05:31
Entirely and completely misses the problem behind monks and utterly unnecessary anyway.

sultana
03-01-06, 05:34
People shouldn't have to spec Psi Resist just to combat monks. If you think about it, take a normal PE who wears:

Inquisition 2 Helmet (+16 Psi Resist)
Power Armour/Mob Drop Armour
Medium Energy Belt
Inquisition 2 Pants (+15 Psi Resist)
Light Duranium/Heavy Inquisiton Boots (+25/+21 Psi Resist)

That comes to total of 51 with Inquisition boots or 55 with duranium. So in order to get something "decent" in this resist, without gimping your other CON Resists, you'll need something along the lines of 50+ points specced to hit 100 armour value. No PE can spare that amount of PSI Points, this becomes even worse for spies as they have lower level armour and a lower cap on PSI.

Tanks wearing their armour may get something along the lines of 80ish Psi Resist, however they'll still take more damage from the PSI weapons then they did before. I'm fairly sure most tanks come very close to capping their energy. So instead of resisting 75-76% of all the damage, tanks now resist 75-76% of half the damage, and resist (say) 65-70% of the other half.

I think the best "nerf" you can give the APU Monks (or Hybrids) is to give them reticles on their direct damage weapons, so that they are in line with the rest of the ranged weapons.

ZoVoS
03-01-06, 05:43
a few things i missed out

ok to work around that problem

high lvl belts gain a 45-55 resist to psi.
monk armour has 0 so a monk to gain a armour resist to psi has to use a belt (including all lvl monk belts)

all PA mob armour is suposed to have the same good resist to it also considerably higher than normal armour

as i said i hadent taken all items into account just ur basic tank ones... my main class is a tank although i play others

the bones would help the spy from being fucked over
ill have a look at pes now...

edit -=- as for the tanks, if a tank were to put every psi point in resist psi he would gain almost capped resist. deffenatly capped if he used say a single bone instead of xray

NCPD PA +45 psi resist (a nice advantage to being on the anti monk squad)
lvl 1 pa +30
lvl 2 pa +35
lvl 3 pa +40
lvl 4 pa +45

VK +35
TITAN +35

-=edit=- after looking at the values maby all vests need to be upped a little

i didnt post this as a final draft i need ur input

if u look at it this way. ur not speccing against monks, monks are specing against monks giving them less points of there own to spend. undercapping there own modules

as i said in my post pe's n spys will beable to spair some points because they needs to be a lower PPU and MST reqierments on shelters/blessed deflectors/damage boosts

the whole point of this is adding more variety into the classes

========================

yet another edit

a full set of xray bones gives +50 to xray defence that should be the same for the new psi bones

========================

and again

all current resistor chips should also have the resist psi tacked onto them (prs ect)

========================

and finaly for this one

if u dont like the idea i dont realy care if u like the idea i dont realy care
all i care about is making the idea viable... so help me make the god dam idea viable by putting values in that would work >_<

onero S
03-01-06, 05:59
a few things i missed out

ok to work around that problem

high lvl belts gain a 45-55 resist to psi.
monk armour has 0 so a monk to gain a armour resist to psi has to use a belt (including all lvl monk belts)

all PA mob armour is suposed to have the same good resist to it also considerably higher than normal armour

as i said i hadent taken all items into account just ur basic tank ones... my main class is a tank although i play others

the bones would help the spy from being fucked over
ill have a look at pes now...

edit -=- as for the tanks, if a tank were to put every psi point in resist psi he would gain almost capped resist. deffenatly capped if he used say a single bone instead of xray

NCPD PA +45 psi resist (a nice advantage to being on the anti monk squad)
lvl 1 pa +30
lvl 2 pa +35
lvl 3 pa +40
lvl 4 pa +45

VK +35
TITAN +35

-=edit=- after looking at the values maby all vests need to be upped a little

i didnt post this as a final draft i need ur input

if u look at it this way. ur not speccing against monks, monks are specing against monks giving them less points of there own to spend

as i said in my post pe's n spys will beable to spair some points because they needs to be a lower PPU and MST reqierments on shelters/blessed deflectors/damage boosts

no, bad idea please stop, what you don't understand is YOU CAN"T GET ABOVE 76% RESIST WITH NO S/D. what your idea is going is instead of pretty much capt energy resist in op fights, classes will take MORE base dmg from hl, on top of that s/d don't add to resist psi. All in all apus would be god if this got implemented. (PPUs would drop like a sack of rocks though since s/d would only stop half an hl)

ZoVoS
03-01-06, 06:02
no, bad idea please stop, what you don't understand is YOU CAN"T GET ABOVE 76% RESIST WITH NO S/D. what your idea is going is instead of pretty much capt energy resist in op fights, classes will take MORE base dmg from hl, on top of that s/d don't add to resist psi. All in all apus would be god if this got implemented. (PPUs would drop like a sack of rocks though since s/d would only stop half an hl)

in the first post it says S/D should add to resist PSI

ARGH basicaly im trying to think of EVERYTING in the game at the same time

its hard to think of every item that needs to be changed

ok ill make a list of sinarios if u dont belive this will help to prove it will

onero S
03-01-06, 06:04
in the first post it says S/D should add to resist PSI

then it would change almost nothing, everyone has almost capt energy already, you can't make hl do less dmg, it would only do more since people are going to be hard pressed to cap psi and energy. All in all diversifying dmg types a weapon deals makes it stronger not weaker.

ZoVoS
03-01-06, 06:06
then it would change almost nothing, everyone has almost capt energy already, you can't make hl do less dmg, it would only do more since people are going to be hard pressed to cap psi and energy. All in all diversifying dmg types a weapon deals makes it stronger not weaker.

as a monk would have to spec points into this him self then he would nolonger cap his hl

if a monk didnt spec points into this then he would drop 2x as fast to sumbody else's HL

entierly his choice

=============
if you cant see whats going on here, im trying to make it so that a tank get the same resist against this as he normaly would against energy with only minor alterations to his setup

same for a spy

same for a pe

however a MONK can either spec against it or not... if he does he does less damage/modles heal and defend ppl less

if he doesnt he does max damage but another monk will ******** his arse. entierly his choice

onero S
03-01-06, 06:08
as a monk would have to spec points into this him self then he would nolonger cap his hl

if a monk didnt spec points into this then he would drop 2x as fast to sumbody else's HL

entierly his choice

a monk can still cap hl, they will just get a psi 3 buff. The point is, hl will still do more dmg to everyone. Even if it hurts monks more it will hurt every other class more as well. And trust me hl is not hard to cap. apus would have silightly smaller psi pools, use psi 3 in op wars not melee, and they would have as much psi resist as they did energy, whish is soft cap.

ZoVoS
03-01-06, 06:13
a monk can still cap hl, they will just get a psi 3 buff. The point is, hl will still do more dmg to everyone. Even if it hurts monks more it will hurt every other class more as well. And trust me hl is not hard to cap. apus would have silightly smaller psi pools, use psi 3 in op wars not melee, and they would have as much psi resist as they did energy, whish is soft cap.

how if i reworked the values (which as u can see im trying my damed hardest to do)

so that a normal tanks setup now will get the same as his energy setup
a normal pe will get the same as his energy setup
a normal spy will BLA BLA BLA BLA

a normal monk will get around 40-90 the rest needing to be from his own psi points... if he uses bones he loses force and pericing

check it...
with 100 (maby nock that down to 50) points from armour he would requier 100 points to cap defence.
10lvls being 50
20lvls being 75
40lvls being 100

maby i should reduce a monks ability to defend from it even more????

so its even more points he has to spec *rolls eyes*

-=EDIT=-
ARGH THIS GAME IS MONK o CRON... MONKS WILL HAVE TO SPEC AGAINST MONKS OR BE SLAUGHTERED... IF THEY DO SPEC THEN THEY ARE WEAKEND AGAINST THE OTHER CLASSES WHO ARE NOT EFFECTED BY THEM INVESTING POINTS OR NOT... its a simple consept... would requier a whole rethink of values but would make it so that monks dont hit what they do now

onero S
03-01-06, 06:15
how if i reworked the values (which as u can see im trying my damed hardest to do)

so that a normal tanks setup now will get the same as his energy setup
a normal pe will get the same as his energy setup
a normal spy will BLA BLA BLA BLA

a normal monk will get around 40-90 the rest needing to be from his own psi points... if he uses bones he loses force and pericing

check it...
with 100 points from armour he would requier 100 points to cap defence.
10lvls being 50
20lvls being 75
40lvls being 100

maby i should reduce a monks ability to defend from it even more????

so its even more points he has to spec *rolls eyes*

your idea is dumb just admit it, monks will still soft cap hl and psi resist. Not to mention even if they didn't apus would get hit by it harder than ppus. This is not the right way to go about changing monk balnace

ZoVoS
03-01-06, 06:40
mmmmmnnnfpppp

sleep time

sumbody make up all the values needed to fuck monks over good night children

sultana
03-01-06, 07:11
sumbody make up all the values needed to fuck monks over good night children
APU Reticles :D
Oh and 50% foreign cast heal.

Torg
03-01-06, 09:25
this is a very complicated way of balancing the ppu-caused trouble. i dont support it.

and think about this:
we need monks in neocron. why? because this class is easier to play, just point and click, no aiming. we need char-classes in neocron for normal people, too, not just for FPS-gods.

i dont need a ppu, but others do.

Bugs Gunny
03-01-06, 10:01
You just be glad that not all those people who are good at fps games are lame enough to go apu-ppu, because then those who are not good at it would still not be able to pvp without constantly dropping belts.

Reticle on monks and 50% foreign heal with removal of parashock would indeed solve most of it.

Torg
03-01-06, 13:00
You just be glad that not all those people who are good at fps games are lame enough to go apu-ppu, because then those who are not good at it would still not be able to pvp without constantly dropping belts.
ya right, we need to weaken monks but not remove them. tanks need to be the main battle chars in neocron again (alone with soloing PEs), with monks and spies as supporters.

MasterChief
03-01-06, 13:14
i think this would pretty much undo everything theyve been tweaking for the last couple years...

the current balance system within the PSI catagory is based around the fact that resist psi is useless.

i dont think monks need to be nerfed anyways, just the hybrids, which to be honost arnt THAT much of a hassle IMO.

LTA
03-01-06, 14:23
ya right, we need to weaken monks but not remove them. tanks need to be the main battle chars in neocron again (alone with soloing PEs), with monks and spies as supporters.

It's funny tho...

The day they nerfed the uber hybs..... they nerfed tankocron and created the ppu/apu combos.

When i was a tank back then there was a few uber hybs on our server but most where tanks n stuff (tho the game mechanics are much better understood these days).

Slam there force resist into the ground deep into the ground, let the Force/Piercing hurt them more. either that or alter the values on the con/armour resists based on the sd of the ppu....
Welcome back the the pain easer, the libby, the wyatt, the gats, the psi attack 2's, the male's/moonstrikers/doombeamers's at the gates to the op war

ZoVoS
04-01-06, 02:23
It's funny tho...

The day they nerfed the uber hybs..... they nerfed tankocron and created the ppu/apu combos.

When i was a tank back then there was a few uber hybs on our server but most where tanks n stuff (tho the game mechanics are much better understood these days).

Slam there force resist into the ground deep into the ground, let the Force/Piercing hurt them more. either that or alter the values on the con/armour resists based on the sd of the ppu....
Welcome back the the pain easer, the libby, the wyatt, the gats, the psi attack 2's, the male's/moonstrikers/doombeamers's at the gates to the op war

sum o me happys nc memories are 6 tanks fireing moonie/mals into an op

John Wu
04-01-06, 02:35
we need monks in neocron. why? because this class is easier to play, just point and click, no aiming. we need char-classes in neocron for normal people, too, not just for FPS-gods.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would post some valid arguments, but I can't stop laughing, sorry :lol:

Tarn
04-01-06, 03:11
I just went through this quick and duno if anyone mentioned this but... resist Psi is under PSI right? if im correct . how can a Tank spec that shit and be able to heal at the same time

ZoVoS
04-01-06, 03:28
I just went through this quick and duno if anyone mentioned this but... resist Psi is under PSI right? if im correct . how can a Tank spec that shit and be able to heal at the same time

tanks only needed to heal while heal could be preformed while realoading. as it cant now its not effective to waste a heal when u could be emptying a cs into sumbody

test it if u dont belive me

besides u only need 3 mst 7 ppu for a heal i think

Nananine
04-01-06, 03:30

Resist PSI is useless. Doesn't do anything.

Tarn
04-01-06, 03:30
tanks only needed to heal while heal could be preformed while realoading. as it cant now its not effective to waste a heal when u could be emptying a cs into sumbody

test it if u dont belive me

besides u only need 3 mst 7 ppu for a heal i think

i am a tank and i know what im talking about. a tank needs a good % on a heal it helps alot. Try mabe healing up before an enemy comes across a zone line after you just got nailed to half health, what are you gona do sit there for 5 hours healing? no. Also healing in a fight dose help and i do it sometimes.

Koshinn
04-01-06, 03:38
This is a bad idea and I will explain why.

KK tried something similar. They made Anti-buff, Anti-shield, Anti-deflector and Anti-heal APU spells. Why is that similar?

It means it takes a Monk to kill a Monk.

How does that fuck over monks? It doesn't. Because everyone will make APUs to kill PPUs... and as side effect everyone else because they now have to lose their psi powers in order to stop a single class. With con resists you stop all classes mostly equally (Tanks have all types of damage, Spies and PEs lack poison, Monks lack xray and pierce), but with resist psi you sacrifice your ability to stop Non-monk classes (lower shelter/deflector/heal %s) in order to stop Monks. Who would do that? No one, unless the game became Monk-o-cron because of the changes you want, which is definately a strong possibility. Then if everyone made Monks, which defeats the entire purpose of this idea, people might spec some resist psi. Or maybe not.

One thing is certain however, it doesn't help other classes kill Monks. It helps Monks kill Monks and Monks kill non-Monks.

And Zovos, your proposed "fixes" to this idea basically does one thing: gives every class a base % damage reduction to Monk spells. You might as well just say "Reduce HL damage by 20% against non-monk classes"... it'd be much simpler than what you're planning and would achieve the same thing

LTA
04-01-06, 14:11
i am a tank and i know what im talking about. a tank needs a good % on a heal it helps alot. Try mabe healing up before an enemy comes across a zone line after you just got nailed to half health, what are you gona do sit there for 5 hours healing? no. Also healing in a fight dose help and i do it sometimes.

No he's right in a sense.

It's just not really viable to heal now when you have a full clip in the cs, i only use to heal to pass the reload time now theres no point, its faster to just keep blasting.

Buy some medi packs and save meat lol

ZoVoS
04-01-06, 21:09
No he's right in a sense.

It's just not really viable to heal now when you have a full clip in the cs, i only use to heal to pass the reload time now theres no point, its faster to just keep blasting.

Buy some medi packs and save meat lol

thats what i do =] if ever i am realy stuck for a heal i ask a fellow spy/pe/monk to whack one on me

imo tanks nolonger need psi ATAL

Clobber
04-01-06, 23:10
thats what i do =] if ever i am realy stuck for a heal i ask a fellow spy/pe/monk to whack one on me

imo tanks nolonger need psi ATAL

Yes they do.

ZoVoS
04-01-06, 23:31
Yes they do.

why???

the whole fucking game is monk o cron

out of beign atacked 100 times 85+ are monks

then i only get a energy/fire/posion atack... deflectors dont do shit against that

my health is high enough withough a normal buff... if u realy need them extra points u have problems. besides im always running with a pe or a spy so i can always get a haz1 or similar

heals as i said are totaly pointless now if u waste time to use it in a fight then u are wasting precious weapon spamming time. only ppl with realy bad aim need a heal

and i can get a forien blessed deflecotr of a fellow pe if im REALY deseperate for one. basicaly i can fight with no psi manipulation atal

cRazy-
04-01-06, 23:36
Of course tanks need heal, if they are in a PvP situation they can use it while they airnt getting shot, for a tank to heal 500 odd HP with medikits is just wrong.

ZoVoS
04-01-06, 23:39
Of course tanks need heal, if they are in a PvP situation they can use it while they airnt getting shot, for a tank to heal 500 odd HP with medikits is just wrong.

healing with med kids isnt as bad as it seems =]

and as i said if every u realy need a heal u should get a friend to heal u or run away.

u cant get enough points out of ur heal unless u spec int into it. if u do spec int u dont have enough speed of ur gun....

only tanks needing psi is meele tanks. the extra speed n such helps

Clobber
04-01-06, 23:57
why???

the whole fucking game is monk o cron

out of beign atacked 100 times 85+ are monks

then i only get a energy/fire/posion atack... deflectors dont do shit against that

my health is high enough withough a normal buff... if u realy need them extra points u have problems. besides im always running with a pe or a spy so i can always get a haz1 or similar

heals as i said are totaly pointless now if u waste time to use it in a fight then u are wasting precious weapon spamming time. only ppl with realy bad aim need a heal

and i can get a forien blessed deflecotr of a fellow pe if im REALY deseperate for one. basicaly i can fight with no psi manipulation atal

I guess you dont op fight, raid or duel and just hang around mb zoning and using your medikits with your PE chucking you a haz and s in the safezone.

As for saying any tank needing a heal has really bad aim :lol:

Koshinn
05-01-06, 01:15
I guess you dont op fight, raid or duel and just hang around mb zoning and using your medikits with your PE chucking you a haz and s in the safezone.

Yeah.. if you don't need heals as a tank you're either dying a lot, zone whoring, or have a ppu butt plug.

If you think medkits are good at healing, use a tl3 heal at the same time. :p

ZoVoS
05-01-06, 02:45

if ever i op fight im with a monk =\ why would anybody op fight withough one.... not a dedicated monk but a monk never the less... ill go in with primes ill go in s/d. when the shelter deflector run they run so what. my primes stay with me. it doesnt change teh fact for the bonus the tanks heal gets. its no longer worth it compaird to you keeping the fire button held down

when i play the game im with friends... hell this game would bore me to tears if i wasnt with friends... thats why i would get a haz of a pe

and no i rarely dule. but as i said its more productive to keep shooting now u cant change to a heal than healing on a tank. the cast time is just to slow to merrit it and the bonus's far to low and u have to relock on all over again. dule to improve ur skills yes... but u cant say in a real fight situation.

one sec i wana wait for si to go.
one sec i wana log so i dont drug flash.
one sec reloading. im a bullet out.
one sec i wana get my primes ready.
one sec i wana cast a heal before i fight (OMG I HATE THAT)

i fight in fight situations not in pre setup crap... there are 2 kinds of skill.

Skill when u dont have to think (such as in a dule, its all about the I CAN HOLD MY MOUSE OVER U BETTER THAN U CAN OVER ME)

Or skill where u have to think

such as get the fuck around that corner to reload so he doesnt nail u crouch n offload a shot of the cs point blank withought aim for the time bonus it will give you.

or knowing the person is a stealth hore pe and u change to pob on a from a unloaded cs because u know ull never reload intime before he stealths but u may have a chance to clip him with the pob n take that last bit o damage off him

knowing that the monks gona fucking rip u a new assehole so u get over the mountain then run around the mountain then blast the monk in the legs from behind n circle around him when his run speeds fooked (took 2hl to the back running away (eating medi kits... yes i cast a heal... ofcorse i spec for a heal what else would i spec for). got an entier clip of before he got another shot into me)

coming out of a genrep only to take 160+ damage not know what the fuck is happening then realise n duck just as sumbody camping the genreps second SH bullet flys over ur head

sorry im turning this in to a why i hate duals post. dules teach ppl to aim not how to play >_< or think.

to higlight the points tanks dont need heals.

with the introdcution of reloads withought switching weapons. it has become more productive for a tank to keep shooting his gun into sumbodys face than to heal him self. because the time it has taken to heal he would have done alot more damage to the other person... besides spec 3 points in mst and 7 in ppu and u can cast a crappy heal anyway. n thats all u realy need. a crappy heal. that with medikits helps alot

and this is coming from not only a heavy tank but a meele tank too.. meele tanks have around 75 psi from int. there heals are actualy realy effective. and withough the reload yes there is a point to having a heal... but only on a meele tank

onero S
05-01-06, 03:09
if ever i op fight im with a monk =\ why would anybody op fight withough one.... not a dedicated monk but a monk never the less... ill go in with primes ill go in s/d. when the shelter deflector run they run so what. my primes stay with me. it doesnt change teh fact for the bonus the tanks heal gets. its no longer worth it compaird to you keeping the fire button held down

when i play the game im with friends... hell this game would bore me to tears if i wasnt with friends... thats why i would get a haz of a pe

and no i rarely dule. but as i said its more productive to keep shooting now u cant change to a heal than healing on a tank. the cast time is just to slow to merrit it and the bonus's far to low and u have to relock on all over again. dule to improve ur skills yes... but u cant say in a real fight situation.

one sec i wana wait for si to go.
one sec i wana log so i dont drug flash.
one sec reloading. im a bullet out.
one sec i wana get my primes ready.
one sec i wana cast a heal before i fight (OMG I HATE THAT)

i fight in fight situations not in pre setup crap... there are 2 kinds of skill.

Skill when u dont have to think (such as in a dule, its all about the I CAN HOLD MY MOUSE OVER U BETTER THAN U CAN OVER ME)

Or skill where u have to think

such as get the fuck around that corner to reload so he doesnt nail u crouch n offload a shot of the cs point blank withought aim for the time bonus it will give you.

or knowing the person is a stealth hore pe and u change to pob on a from a unloaded cs because u know ull never reload intime before he stealths but u may have a chance to clip him with the pob n take that last bit o damage off him

knowing that the monks gona fucking rip u a new assehole so u get over the mountain then run around the mountain then blast the monk in the legs from behind n circle around him when his run speeds fooked (took 2hl to the back running away (eating medi kits... yes i cast a heal... ofcorse i spec for a heal what else would i spec for). got an entier clip of before he got another shot into me)

coming out of a genrep only to take 160+ damage not know what the fuck is happening then realise n duck just as sumbody camping the genreps second SH bullet flys over ur head

sorry im turning this in to a why i hate duals post. dules teach ppl to aim not how to play >_< or think.

to higlight the points tanks dont need heals.

with the introdcution of reloads withought switching weapons. it has become more productive for a tank to keep shooting his gun into sumbodys face than to heal him self. because the time it has taken to heal he would have done alot more damage to the other person... besides spec 3 points in mst and 7 in ppu and u can cast a crappy heal anyway. n thats all u realy need. a crappy heal. that with medikits helps alot

and this is coming from not only a heavy tank but a meele tank too.. meele tanks have around 75 psi from int. there heals are actualy realy effective. and withough the reload yes there is a point to having a heal... but only on a meele tank

aiming is 3/4ths of playing, the other 1/4th is not being retarted

ZoVoS
05-01-06, 04:06
aiming is 3/4ths of playing, the other 1/4th is not being retarted

ah yes but ull be suprised how many retards out there can aim :angel: