PDA

View Full Version : Dodge skill

Drake6k
02-01-06, 23:23
New skill under Dexterity called dodge.

"Dodge increases your chance of dodging attacks, psi manipulations greatly lower your chance of dodging in combat"

Something like that ^^, basicly what it does is increase your unbuffed defence. Any buffs and dodge does less and less.

The whole idea is to give tanks a way of increasing defence when fighting alone. PEs and even SPYs have higher defence than tanks in duels. Doesn't make much sence.

Anyone that can shelter wouldn't bother with dodge as the shelter would lower the % on dodge greatly. This keeps tanks the same in OP wars and gives very little reason for ppus, spys, and pes to put points in this new skill.
Dodge may be useful to spys that dont want to drug for shelter.
Could be very useful to a solo apu although they dont have much dex.

Tell me what you think

Finl
02-01-06, 23:25
<- does not like it

awkward silence
02-01-06, 23:39
<- does not like it

sorry but i gotta second that.

Drake6k
02-01-06, 23:42
This is just an idea. I would hopping to get feedback as to why it is good or bad instead of simply "I dont like it".

Clobber
02-01-06, 23:53
Horrible idea.

Torg
03-01-06, 01:21
nice idea. will not make it.

Terayon
03-01-06, 01:23
How about the ability to regen hp's way faster instead? Tanks have insane con, im sure their natural ability to heal is much better then a pe's, monks, or spies.

Heavyporker
03-01-06, 01:32
This dodge skill again?

As I said in the other thread, Agility already does that, at least where melee is concerned.

And I say no, no, no to Dodge. Not only does it sound like every fantasty mmog out there, it wouldn't change things much because Spies and PEs would have better access to it due to their higher DEX skill, plus it doesn't frigging fit the essential template of the Gentank!

Natural healing factor for Gentanks, YES.

Drake6k
03-01-06, 01:53
I dont care what you want to call it.
Dont call it dodge.

Call it dex based defense modifier.
I only said dex as tanks have lots of extra dex.

It shouldn't increase defense for anyone wearing buffs.

Simply a skill that tanks and possibly other classes can use that slightly increases unbuffed defense.

It wouldn't be viable for PEs and spys as the bonus from this skill wouldn't come close to the power of shelter and heal.

J J
03-01-06, 02:32
Spec some runspeed for a tank and avoid getting hit tbh 8| :wtf:

Demental
03-01-06, 02:33
Any idea that would make tanks not useless and actually almost fun to play again, i'm game for.

-FN-
03-01-06, 02:48
DEX, INT, and CON already have enough skills. Add a similar skill to STR called "Damage Resistance" and basically does the same thing - allowing for a small % chance of damage to be greatly reduced or negated.

STR has what, 4 Sub-skills?

PSI is also lacking, and personally, I think monks should be reworked to get Exotic PSI Use back in ;)

CON has 7/8 used - add the skill "Regeneration" in which a player can increase their body's natural heal time by adding points to it, adding the Constitution bonus that tanks really SHOULD have.

LiL T
03-01-06, 03:03
I think the right word for it is evades and other games have this, evade fire, energy and xray etc. AO has them and the players call them evades I think, stuff like dogde range, duck explosive and dogde close combat.

I'm thinking they could not fit this in with the current stats we have, they would need a seperate stat imo and balance each class with it from there. Oh and monks + PE's should get next to none, tanks need a defence boost and that could be it.

Dribble Joy
03-01-06, 03:06
The whole idea is to give tanks a way of increasing defence when fighting alone. PEs and even SPYs have higher defence than tanks in duels. Doesn't make much sence.
Of course it does, tanks have greater firepower.

Or at least... they used to....

How about we fix what is broken rather than treat the symptoms.

Crest
03-01-06, 11:29
New skill under Dexterity called dodge.

"Dodge increases your chance of dodging attacks, psi manipulations greatly lower your chance of dodging in combat"

Something like that ^^, basicly what it does is increase your unbuffed defence. Any buffs and dodge does less and less.

Anyone that can shelter wouldn't bother with dodge as the shelter would lower the % on dodge greatly. This keeps tanks the same in OP wars and gives very little reason for ppus, spys, and pes to put points in this new skill.
Dodge may be useful to spys that dont want to drug for shelter.
Could be very useful to a solo apu although they dont have much dex.

Tell me what you think

Would be funny, someone Damage boosted, and para shocked with 10 people around him shooting and him able to dodge all. Would be Matrix like (I know if he dodges that well then how could he get DB and Para)

At the moment dodge is a required skill in close combat. IE the better u dodge the more chance of staying alive

Preach
03-01-06, 11:38
Damn Warcraft Players

Aisynia
03-01-06, 11:39
I think the right word for it is evades and other games have this, evade fire, energy and xray etc. AO has them and the players call them evades I think, stuff like dogde range, duck explosive and dogde close combat.
Dodge Ranged, Evade Close Combat, Duck Explosions.

Jagrfelm
03-01-06, 11:46
Id like to see class-dependant Skills.
Tanks would get something like "Damage Resistance" under STR or CON
Spys something like "Evade" or "Dodge" in DEX or CON
PE's . . ., well difficult. Maybe dependant on their selected Job?
Monks would get something similar to PSU under PSI.
Anyways id also remove PSU from INT and put it under PSI. And ive got more Ideas where that came from! :D