ZoVoS
02-01-06, 06:58
i was emailed this by sumbody i duno =P not sure why either

i have wrote a few things in red n circled some stoof

apparently there =S all items

i duno what u all think

Ryen
02-01-06, 07:05
That shotgun looks sweet, too bad they never added it. Shame too, since it seems to have been fully modeled and textured. Maybe no animations?

The other things seem to be like soon-to-be-added items. Besides everything already in game.

Also, mining too (lawl) . It's been in the NC2 AND NC1 manual, and yet they never added it.

ZoVoS
02-01-06, 07:09
i know sumbody who has a mining tool ^_^

wether he had it on transfer from nc1 to nc2 i duno i havent spoken to him in ages

thre were a few uses in game for it also (if i remember rite... which i may not... but if i remember rite) you could poke the fallen log in the outzone/industrical and get wood. and u could get various chemicals poking barrels

Kozmos
02-01-06, 09:43
i know sumbody who has a mining tool ^_^

wether he had it on transfer from nc1 to nc2 i duno i havent spoken to him in ages

thre were a few uses in game for it also (if i remember rite... which i may not... but if i remember rite) you could poke the fallen log in the outzone/industrical and get wood. and u could get various chemicals poking barrels

trees in the wastes for wood, the crystals in the crystal caves for chems etc. mining tools an old beta item, those icons have been ingame a long ass time, theres only 3 new ones on there i cant name, those disks under the xbow gfx

kurai
02-01-06, 09:49
trees in the wastes for wood, the crystals in the crystal caves for chems etc. mining tools an old beta item, those icons have been ingame a long ass time, theres only 3 new ones on there i cant name, those disks under the xbow gfx
Top view of the TH turrets ?

Bugs Gunny
02-01-06, 09:51
Second one looks like a xbow rifle to me.

Plight
02-01-06, 10:04
Those psi spell icons are mostly spells that were around in beta but were never added/ were too bugged to use. Also some just older graphics

Lemme see...

Character Scan (was originally supposed to show soul light or sumthin)

Psi light (had to cast multiple times to get brighter and brighter, eventually dropping the fps of a entire zone to trash, lol)

Psi Float - never worked

Meteor Shower - did 5k dmg to a rat once in beta, lol, but when i thanked the dev for my new toy, he was like "erm...". Hotfix was promptly patched, didnt have time to kill anything else :(

Earthquake - just annoyed people, did piss poor dmg but shake the casters screen like a mofo.

Also see mines

Dont see a shotgun 0_o , just a raygun and grenade launcher (i think)

Sgt. Pepper
02-01-06, 11:04
i don't know what these blue circles are (could be an early foem of hacknet software... i remember blue and red circles with the software's name it it from nc2 beta), but the things below are hacknet items.
Datacubes, codebreakers (mark 6 and 7), Spineparts (things you recycle codebreakers from)

the turret thing is colored like a Citymercs Turret (some will remember them) but the pic shows 2D GFX only. (things you see in your inventory and so on, but no textures or something) That there is a "standing turret" and a "broken turret" , looks like it was planned to bring a trophy of these. (broken thing = remain .. standing thing = trophy)

edit: the little thing below the "xbow rifle" ... isn't it the old mine/grenade thing we had in beta ?

ZoVoS
02-01-06, 16:47
ye the psi icons looked like the never imlimentad ones to me

but im asuming they are all items so im asuming the turret is too

nobby
03-01-06, 01:52
I remember seeing a GM once wire a GR to fuck with the trip wire mines we rarely saw...

Then said on chat "someone come through the GR, you will get a rez "

:lol:

kurai
03-01-06, 01:55
The GR in PP1 on NC1 test server got thoroughly seeded with them on several occasions when someone let some mines slip into the item pool a few times.

Individually they weren't that harsh, but 20 at a time going off in your S.I'ed face was a bit much to cope with :D

nobby
03-01-06, 01:57
I don't see why they removed them...they were good for roleplay...

And would be good for defending your OP!

kurai
03-01-06, 02:30
To quote myself from a thread about the same thing back in 2004 ....

Can't see them coming back, personally.

There's just too much potential for abuse.

Given the mentality of a proportion of the playerbase, one hour after the introduction of the mines into the game every NPC, shop, hunting zone, doorway, vehicle depot, gravlift, apartment elevator, generep and zoneline on the server would be bristling with them.

Next time you log into the game, read the chat and look at the people around you for thirty seconds...

Now try and tell me it wouldn't happen just as I describe...

;)

Edit: Attached a screenshot from NC1 testserver of a limited example of what to expect.

http://neocron.jafc.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=6404 I don't think the situation has changed one iota ... do you ? :D

ZoVoS
03-01-06, 03:24
see alot o the items look familiar but i couldnt be 100% sure on em =\ (n i dont wana label anything only to have ppl call me a tard)

i never saw metior in beta =] pitty it would have been fun.

seeing the mining tool makes me wish i still had a nc1 beta hud for some strange reason =\ (probably because i have only ever seen the mining tool in a beta hud)

SorkZmok
03-01-06, 08:08
Spells are just some that never made it into retail.

Not sure about those weapons, they look kinda new so there's hope...

The items below the xbow are playermade custom items for stealth 1/2/3, below that are the new hacknet drop items.

Next to the datacube is a mine, they got taken out of game due to people putting tons of em next to zonelines. Had p-c as requirements.

About the mining tool, if you manage to find one, you can actually research and build them now. Some ass on the german server made a fortune selling em after he discovered that, he even tried to scam people on ebay. :lol: Funny that there's actually idiots paying real money for a useless item...