PDA

View Full Version : how about...

cRazy-
01-01-06, 19:46
Make granades an item everyone but monks can use? so it becomes like a secondery weapon which you see in some FPS, while your shooting you can lob granades etc.

Of course if you tweak the granades damage it might add a new aspect to PvP.

Heavyporker
01-01-06, 23:03
1) No.

2) There are already low req grenades for anyone interested enough to bother with.

3) Fucking no.

4) What is truly needed are special purpose grenades, like napalm grenades that act like a fire barrel, shocker grenades, poison grenades, smoke grenades, tachyolytium-chaff grenades that disrupts psi-casting (think of it as a 30% chance to fail cast in radius).

5) Hell fucking no, crazy!

edit: increase all hand grenades' base damage by 7x, minimum. And make the damage effects multiple strikes (kind of like the TG Epic Grenade already is, with its 2x damage tick) so if you're unfortunate enough to be wounded and one lands under your groin, you're gone. They're just too gimped otherwise.
Even if you had all 10 of your quickbelt slots filled with a half-decent hand grenade (Tangent Grenade or TG Hand Grenade), you wouldn't be able to deal enough damage to keep up with one capped and sheltered Gentank with a CS. (by this I mean, despite the hand grenade's AoE capability, the time you would need to pull one out, aim it, throw it, it lands, and it counts down to blow up - the gentank with the CS would have cut down or severely wounded at least 2 people.)

onero S
02-01-06, 00:59
1) No.

2) There are already low req grenades for anyone interested enough to bother with.

3) Fucking no.

4) What is truly needed are special purpose grenades, like napalm grenades that act like a fire barrel, shocker grenades, poison grenades, smoke grenades, tachyolytium-chaff grenades that disrupts psi-casting (think of it as a 30% chance to fail cast in radius).

5) Hell fucking no, crazy!

edit: increase all hand grenades' base damage by 7x, minimum. And make the damage effects multiple strikes (kind of like the TG Epic Grenade already is, with its 2x damage tick) so if you're unfortunate enough to be wounded and one lands under your groin, you're gone. They're just too gimped otherwise.
Even if you had all 10 of your quickbelt slots filled with a half-decent hand grenade (Tangent Grenade or TG Hand Grenade), you wouldn't be able to deal enough damage to keep up with one capped and sheltered Gentank with a CS. (by this I mean, despite the hand grenade's AoE capability, the time you would need to pull one out, aim it, throw it, it lands, and it counts down to blow up - the gentank with the CS would have cut down or severely wounded at least 2 people.)

[ edited ]

Crazy I actualy like the idea quite alot, remove normal grenades and have them be a special secondary weapon, they can be used with your main weapon out. The grenade number would show by your hp ectra and would let you carry up to 5 grenades at a time. Grenades could then be bought from a vendor.

xyl_az
02-01-06, 01:07
[ edited ]

grenades could be useful if they work like kami drones (aoe dmg ignoring armor) and dont require aiming (no recticle), because as for now aiming and range makes it totally useless.

Point and click aoe would be quite useful and quite tactical element in pvp (not sure about the other possible nades like flash/smoke/napalm - with the current combat system they wouldnt be of much use i'm afraid)

awkward silence
02-01-06, 01:15
I'm not sure about the idea but that being said grenades need a BIG rework.

cRazy-
02-01-06, 04:05
I dunno i put no thought into this idea at all I just said it because I could.

I do like the idea though.

ZoVoS
02-01-06, 04:11
alowe ppl 2 throw grenades in reload

add stun grenades causing srugflash the longer ur in the barrel

LiL T
02-01-06, 04:43
I donno sounds like it could be horrible or pretty cool, if all could use them but they are grenades and should be dangerous. Meaning if you going to use them you better not be running around spamming them, or you will kill your self kind of thing. I like the idea of point and click AOE also ^_^ might make it more usefull but again it should not be so easy to aim at people that it would be used as a primary weapon. Can't make things to lethal but they can make things more like real life damage and effect, meaning to AOE some one at point blank will kill you self.

MortuusLupus
03-01-06, 08:22
There should be some kind of skill req for them. I mean, it's not like chucking a baseball, they're heavy (doubly so for the damned basketball sized ones in this game). It shouldn't be too high, though, just something that'll give you that little bit extra range so you don't end up blowing yourself to high heaven.