PDA

View Full Version : Fix the Crahn epic please: Gaia mine

Superbron
01-01-06, 14:16
The Crahn epic mission 4 is too difficult for a **/35 runner. There are a zillion high level copbots around there. No way to reach the tachalitium warbot and get back out alive for a runner with a ranking of **/35.

The copbots are in Gaia mine for another mission I understand. But why not use one of the other (unused) Gaia mines and leave the Gaia mine for the Crahn epic be? Please fix this KK.

Mr Kot
02-01-06, 01:53
The copbots are in Gaia mine for another mission I understand.
Nope. The copbots have always been there. They were there in NC1, long before the crahn epic was officially introduced (although the tacholytium warbot always spawned there like the mission was sooooo close to being launched). The copbot spawns were semi-decent in NC1 too - for levelling purposes, that is.

Since the start of NC2, the spawns of copbots have been pitiful, hence the lack of runners levellng there. That was a convenient co-incidence for anyone doing the crahn epic but not how it was meant to be. A recent patched fixed the spawns, but i admit it does seem a little over the top. Didn't the last patch notes say a copbot spawn in the mines was tweaked again?

A possible solution for low level runners doing the crahn epic would be for the warbot to spawn in the empty gaia mine C; the one at Nemesis lab. Then again, i haven't been there for ages.. have the spawns in there been fixed too?

NONpk
02-01-06, 03:51
There are many Copbots because of the Regant Legacy Run o_O :rolleyes:

LTA
02-01-06, 03:55
That was a convenient co-incidence for anyone doing the crahn epic but not how it was meant to be. A recent patched fixed the spawns, but i admit it does seem a little over the top.

2 120/120 *** mobs surrounded by 90/90 100/100 spanws is overkill...

not even the dungeons have 2 120/120's in and STORMS are by no means easy kills that laser wrecks.....
I think mc5 maybe has 2 coms? but i aint even sure i swear storms hurt me more than the com does alone.

onero S
02-01-06, 04:49
no mc5 hurts more than the storm bots, my /50 ppu did die once however, my soul cluster ran out and every storm/cop bot targeted me. There has to have been at least 20 of them shooting at me.

Sgt. Pepper
02-01-06, 06:49
There are many Copbots because of the Regant Legacy Run o_O :rolleyes:

NO
The Regant Legacy Run is there because of the many Copbots.

IceStorm
02-01-06, 09:36
Is the Warbot no longer in a position where you can shoot it without being seen by another mob in the caves?

When I did it, I used Obliterator to get down into the room with the Warbot, then killed it from beyond mob view.

LTA
02-01-06, 14:09
Is the Warbot no longer in a position where you can shoot it without being seen by another mob in the caves?

When I did it, I used Obliterator to get down into the room with the Warbot, then killed it from beyond mob view.

Thought you had to chat to a npc to get him to spawn, npc which is stood infront of the doors to that building.... :S

IceStorm
02-01-06, 14:16
Thought you had to chat to a npc to get him to spawnNot that I'm aware of. I did it about a month or so after they made all epics NPC kills.

I had problems with my combat rank being too high and not getting a heart part, but I didn't need an NPC to spawn the warbot.

LTA
02-01-06, 14:22
Not that I'm aware of. I did it about a month or so after they made all epics NPC kills.

I had problems with my combat rank being too high and not getting a heart part, but I didn't need an NPC to spawn the warbot.

Well i went down during the 2/3 week trial and the warbot spawn was fubared and you had to chat to a Holy Lightning wieldin npc who would shoot you because mobs agro'd him etc

Rage
25-01-06, 15:46
man this is over kill :wtf: KK wunt thinkin when they did this one... not at all. party of 3 Rank 60/60+ had a hard time doing it/this. Ta god how a level 35-40 person gone do it. n i died like 3 or 4 times.. tha Tank died twice.this glove need WWWAAYYYY better stats like +15 to PPU and APU if they gone make it this hard. and haha there's a slight mishap on tha ladder when u 1st come in... seems u can fall on tha other side, i lived but its like 3 copbots down there waiting to kill u..smh.. overkill.. i just kept steath and /set reset_position :P other may not b so lucky

but yea mayne... please.fix this guys.it aint that serious and i seen tha other run... have a pool of 120/120 mobs is a bit over kill also... if u guys havent seen.it... u should go check it out.

Digital-Talios
25-01-06, 17:14
back in NC 2 i did this run. It took me (rank 35) and two capped players to beat the mission...

I did the run again in 2.1 and it took me (capped ppu) and another capped ppu to beat it. I think if it takes 2 capped ppu's it might be a hair too difficult for others :wtf:

Oh btw the WB spawns were bugged and I had to wait around killing about a dozen of them with my DB and fists needless to say but it took a very long time to finish the mission :rolleyes:

Tratos
25-01-06, 17:49
As another suggestion if it would make sence/be viable is to stick the Tach Warbot outside the mine structure? as theres a clearing which spawns snakes and scorpians to the left of the little fenced off area outside the mine - means new players are still aware of the mine existing and keeps them safe from the inside of an endgame dungeon/endgame quest location.

@ Mr Kot
The way i see it the Anti-City epics must have been around quite a while before the storyline lead to the mass movement of Anti-City factions, as most of the NPCs used in the missions have/had a clone in areas associated with the old faction locations e.g. Grimm of FA is/was sitting in one of the small stores in TH Sector 1. Which is why the warbot was there for so long without a purpose.

Scaramanga
25-01-06, 18:52
I remeber going to the gaia mine afew times back in NC1 for levelling (made a change from swamp caves and chaos caves). When i went back to help someone do the Crahn epic the number of copbots there was substantially higher than back in NC1. It is wholly unreasonable to expect a /35 runner to accomplish that run solo. It needs to be moved.

Rage
26-01-06, 00:07
they really should move that WB

Wouter
26-01-06, 00:32
yea lot busier there now then in nc1 :(

but umm, bit offtopic (but still over gaia mine)
anyone know about that ceres quest, what to look for those chems or something? and where :rolleyes:

Scaramanga
26-01-06, 01:40
Same mine access, but in a sector not as far in as the crahn epic WB. 2,3 and 4 are together but 1 is a little way round the corner.

Apologies for going off topic

Superbron
26-01-06, 09:08
I remeber going to the gaia mine afew times back in NC1 for levelling (made a change from swamp caves and chaos caves). When i went back to help someone do the Crahn epic the number of copbots there was substantially higher than back in NC1. It is wholly unreasonable to expect a /35 runner to accomplish that run solo. It needs to be moved.
Yes, exactly!

Whitestuff
26-01-06, 09:35
/signed

Me and my mate tried it earlier today on our /36 monks. Ain't happening. Move it to the abandoned gaia mine (that we discovered by getting our rhino stuck behind it, way to go on that one too KK, Right in the middle of the f*ing road?? Give me a break). That way, the /35's can do the mission and actually get on with the epic and the fully capped blokes can knock out the copbots. Sound fair? It had better, cause the Crahn epic is at the difficulty level of a WoC quest. If it must remain where it is, fine, but make the glove give +5 PSI, +15 APU and PPU, and +50 PPW, not psi points. Then, ok, I'll deal with the amok STORM units.