PDA

View Full Version : An Idea?

Dogface
01-01-06, 13:58
Just thought I'd post something towards the people who don't think its fair that they don't have to aim as constantly as we do.

Make it so the spell will only cast if the person was targetted for the whole duration of the cast? I don't know if monks already do that since after the first cast they all seem to go pretty fast after that.. I never played one..

Zeninja
01-01-06, 14:23
This would sound a little rude especially for long spells like para and antibuffs.

I'm still not really hot for imposing monks on a reticle, but this would even make it harder than any other current classes to aim with (think about laser/raygun weapons for example, these don't require a full stay on the target during shot to get a damage infllicted).

Not to mention monks would probably be totally useless in melees (OP fights, enclosed areas).

Jules69
01-01-06, 14:46
wouldn't work, monks would be useless in anything but PvM

DIS
01-01-06, 14:47
This would sound a little rude especially for long spells like para and antibuffs.

Para's are overpowerd and should be seriously nerfed or removed, would that not be a good thing?

I'm still not really hot for imposing monks on a reticle, but this would even make it harder than any other current classes to aim with

And HC is not already hard to aim with? Plus the slow down of having the gun out and the long reload time.....

Perhaps a recticle is not the answer, perhaps HL should be toned down a tad, either way Monks need serious work to balance the game out.

sultana
01-01-06, 17:07
Perhaps a recticle is not the answer, perhaps HL should be toned down a tad, either way Monks need serious work to balance the game out.
Posted this in another thread already but. If you haven't already, go to an OP War as an APU, then go to one as a PE/Spy/Tank. You'll notice the huge advantages APUs get over the reticle classes.

In my mind, APUs need to have reticles on their direct damage weapons, just to make it fair.

Cadgar
01-01-06, 17:29
Every Apu needs good aim or an Aimbot. Because if you cast your spell and your opponent wasnt long enough in your aim nothing happens and the psi is gone. and some spells like the anti buff needs huge psi. so the aim is fair at it is atm. just hl is a bit overpowered

Dogface
01-01-06, 22:05
^ to above, thats not really true about not being targetted for long enough, they can be targetted for a split second as long as you click on them, you can target them and turn completely away and it will still hit them..

Cadgar
02-01-06, 02:51
thats what it should be but talking about ping etc. its like 1 seconds u have to target it