PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get around this?

Dogface
01-01-06, 07:19
Posted this in some other place, didn't get much response. So I'll post it here. Would help if we got an answer.

Ok, a friend of a friend of mine is looking to make a lowtech rifle PE.
Now, hes going to be using a few weapons and one of them is going to be the TSU rifle. He needs this because he plays Neptune (no safeslot) so hes going to need something incase all else is lost. Just incase. A last resort thing..

Anyways, this PE is going to be clanned into a ProNC clan. So getting the TSU rifle might be a bit tricky. Since he doesn't want to buy it.
So my friend and him came up with a plan:

Since the TH guy for changing factions for 500k was removed, and it seems the missions (would someone like to explain what you have to do briefly before they decide he wont do them please?) may take too long, hes going to have to make (they decided it was best this way unless you have another idea) a TSU character that isn't a rifle pe. What he plans to do is make a character that levels with significantly more speed than any other classes.
This is where they need your opinion:
Which character has the best SOLO (this is Neptune we're talking about ) ability to level fast and also be effective in the TSU epic.

This character will be deleted when the epic is completed and the ProNC rifle PE will be made. Depends on if you have a better idea.
Ideas they came up with: (remember he can be supported by a clan for weapons etc etc..)

Droner - obvious fast lvling, but probably won't be too good on the epic.
HC PE - Nice dmg and a good healing ability. (But won't have a group for PSI leveling until hes higher level) Can drive for epic.
MC PE - Same reason as before.
APU / Hybrid - I swear I won't keep it
MC Tank - played one before, good solo players with high dmg on mobs. Nice speed will be useful for epic.

Ok, so.. Any ideas as to what would be the best way to tackle this problem he has?

/edit - None of us have played a DoY character before, any suggestions on where to level?
/edit edit - Do MC PEs need drugs to level well?

sultana
01-01-06, 07:36
Play as an APU Hybrid, well you won't even get to that so, PE spells and one of the multispells and probably the Psi Attack 2 for your epic.

/edit - None of us have played a DoY character before, any suggestions on where to level?
/edit edit - Do MC PEs need drugs to level well?
Just run down to El Farid, and use your first attack spell(s) to kill the 50/50s down there. You'll die quite abit during the early stages, but once you get the multi-spells the levels will just fly by. You also earn a heap of cash down there aswell.

MC PEs don't need to drug while levelling unless you want to use a higher TL weapon for more XP or faster killing. But other then that, nope.

And also, start off as Preacher/Field Medic if your gonna do the monk, so you can get the TL 10 heal for you PE.

jini
01-01-06, 09:29
Play a hybrid.
Ill add to what sultana's said: psi spells are store sold in good condition, therefore adding to fast leveling/cash and much less tradeskill support ammo refilling. A Jone's heal and a quad will help a lot

Scanner Darkly
01-01-06, 12:10
G'morning jini, you're up early...

BoT: yeah el Farid was fast leveling even on Terra, so do that. Also Get the TL10 heal on that hybrid monk that you can use later on your PE. If you skill for shelter and put all your resist points into fire, you can solo the Scorp queen room indefinitely with little risk of dieing.

If you're only doing this for the epic (or your friend's friend's chimp's uncle, or whatever), you should be out of there in a few hours and just raise your rank with drugs for the last epic part (if you want to save a little more time).

jini
01-01-06, 12:36
Yea lol. Im geting ready for a cool BBQ :D :D nice to see you back mate, wish you all the best for 2006

unreal
01-01-06, 13:15
Yeah, VERY fast. I got my apu hybrid monk to 95 psi in 3days from humping El Farid. As soon as I get my Spy completely capped I'll be finishing levelling him off. :P

Zeninja
01-01-06, 13:57
Once you've reached approx rank 35, use imps and all drugs to get a higher rank, then talk to the npc so as you can get over the lvl45 req even faster. I've completed an epic in one day on Neptune this way (using apu-based hyb).

Genji
01-01-06, 14:51
best way lol is pick a server with more then 5 ppl playing on it =/

Dogface
01-01-06, 15:02
Best way is to shut up about which server people play on. It's their choice, not yours. No one was complaining about the server. Infact, doign this really would not be worth it on any other server.

Either give something useful, or be quiet.

Genji
01-01-06, 15:06
thanks, I needed a laugh lol
hope he has fun :rolleyes:

Kame
01-01-06, 22:14
get a stealthing char.

this way u can do everything, id recommend a HC PE, with wich u can make epic in the same day as creation basically.

that is, if u have a correct skiller to back him up.