PDA

View Full Version : Group xp problem

johngreen2000
01-01-06, 02:11
I get on my tank xx/38 and my friend gets on his spy xx/32. Were within the 10 level differene for gorup exp so we go out hunting.

We do a test, he kill somthing solo and I get about 20k exp in str and i dunno like 5-10k in con. Ok cool, I kill somthing solo, and he gets no exp in any stat. I kill another thing, he gets nothing.

We are standing like 5 feet away form each other so its not a distance issue, shouldnt be any level difference issue.

Am I missing somthing obvious. Btw some more backgorund info, Tank is a melee tank with all his points into melee and transport only, agility, and under int having poking. Spy is a droner with research as a secondary, all str under transport. We tried with both his drone in the air, not in the air everything. We even tested if he punched somthing and yes I gained when he punch a mob, but he wont gain anything at all.

unreal
01-01-06, 02:27
It's the combat rank that counts, not the skill rank. The droners combat rank, if pure, will probably be way higher than your melee tanks combat rank.

johngreen2000
01-01-06, 02:34
Well if thats true why would the tank get exp but not the droner? It the level was the problem, shouldnt neither of them get any exp?

ZoVoS
01-01-06, 07:13
isnt it drone distance

or player distance... or one of the 2 i forget wich that matters

iv always had problems teaming on a droner. im sure a more expirianced droner can explain

johngreen2000
01-01-06, 10:01
here example though.

Tank is 5 feet from droner, drone is 5 feet infront of them, droner shoots and tank gets group xp, tank attacks the mob and droner gets none. Some sort of bug. I tried with the drone in the air, not in the air. Then tried punching mobs which gave the tank exp but when tank punched the mobs the spy didnt get xp.

sultana
01-01-06, 11:34
What are both of your combat ranks? It might be because your combat ranks are on the edges of being able to share XP, so it's bugged and only goes in one direction. Like for example, your friend on the droner, their client sees that your rank is within range to share XP to, however on your client, you see that they out of range to share XP with. That's just a guess from me though.

What you can try doing, I'm assuming your tank has the lower of the combat ranks, is try drugging up with some strength drugs, and pull out a higher TL weapon so that it increases your rank. And see if that helps.

Zeninja
01-01-06, 13:05
isnt it drone distance

or player distance... or one of the 2 i forget wich that matters
Some patch made it so as you get exp from a droner when you're in his drone's area. So I suppose both player and drone matters now.

Superbron
01-01-06, 14:00
Lol, it sounds like the drone is levelling instead of the droner himself :lol:

ZoVoS
01-01-06, 19:23
Lol, it sounds like the drone is levelling instead of the droner himself :lol:

onoz fear my lvl 96 drone =] hes gona pwn joo