PDA

View Full Version : A good way to get around this problem?

Dogface
31-12-05, 16:43
Ok, a friend of a friend of mine is looking to make a lowtech rifle PE.
Now, hes going to be using a few weapons and one of them is going to be the TSU rifle. He needs this because he plays Neptune (no safeslot) so hes going to need something incase all else is lost. Just incase. A last resort thing..

Anyways, this PE is going to be clanned into a ProNC clan. So getting the TSU rifle might be a bit tricky. Since he doesn't want to buy it.
So my friend and him came up with a plan:

Since the TH guy for changing factions for 500k was removed, and it seems the missions (would someone like to explain what you have to do briefly before they decide he wont do them please?) may take too long, hes going to have to make (they decided it was best this way unless you have another idea) a TSU character that isn't a rifle pe. What he plans to do is make a character that levels with significantly more speed than any other classes.
This is where they need your opinion:
Which character has the best SOLO (this is Neptune we're talking about :lol: ) ability to level fast and also be effective in the TSU epic.

This character will be deleted when the epic is completed and the ProNC rifle PE will be made. Depends on if you have a better idea.
Ideas they came up with: (remember he can be supported by a clan for weapons etc etc..)

Droner - obvious fast lvling, but probably won't be too good on the epic.
HC PE - Nice dmg and a good healing ability. (But won't have a group for PSI leveling until hes higher level) Can drive for epic.
MC PE - Same reason as before.
APU / Hybrid - I swear I won't keep it :p
MC Tank - played one before, good solo players with high dmg on mobs. Nice speed will be useful for epic.

Ok, so.. Any ideas as to what would be the best way to tackle this problem he has?

/edit - None of us have played a DoY character before, any suggestions on where to level?
/edit edit - Do MC PEs need drugs to level well?

xyl_az
31-12-05, 18:15
on neptune it doesnt really matter, i'd vote for a rifle spy but thats only because i have played those for ages and always have tons of low lvl stuff and know good lvling spots.

just prepare low lvl weapons (1 weapon each 5-10 tl levels), stuff like medkits armor spells etc. Then go to citycenter and start doing easy missions - kill mutie corporal or warrior: there is a cave/dungeon (dont remember the name) pretty close to gr (city center) with mutants mentioned above. Then just head to MB (venture warp is the fastest way usually) and go for cyclops.

You can get to around /50 in one day (5-6 hours, maybe less)

npinchot
17-01-06, 19:14
for the missions you have to kill anarchy breed harrassers or a different anarchy breed (it's different for different factions). whichever anarchy breed you have to kill they are 80/80 and you can find them in g09 and surrounding zones (maybe other places also). you have to kill 15 of them and it gives you 1 symp point. it's a waste of time. you are better off leaving your char afk until your symp gets up to 10 and then running easy missions.

CMaster
17-01-06, 19:23
If the character is new, he can actually swap around quite easily. You just do normal citycom missions to get up from 10 symp to 50. Killing runners of the faction you want to join (except in dungeon zones) won't hurt your symp at all if you are enemy.

Digital-Talios
17-01-06, 21:10
well Pro NC clan id guess would be ETB :rolleyes:

Id do this if i was you:

Start: Tsunami - do epic
CM - do epic (unless you got a ppu bum warmer)
Your Pro faction (CA?)

Will cost you 900k and like 5ish hours of symp leveling. With your symp leveling (missions) you can level psi and other pesky skills.

I did that for my rifle spy:
TT --> PP --> BT --> TH faction change guy :) --> Black Dragon.

SorkZmok
17-01-06, 22:56
Melee tank. All int into poking so you dont have to care about dieing. All str into melee. All imps that give melee. Then drug. You'll pretty much cap the storebought weapons then. Saves you a lot of time.

Even on a server with normal xp gain it takes you less than a day to level up and run the epic. Especially now where they made em piss easy cause you can just kill npcs to get the epic kills done.

/edit
For a start, find that launcher storage hall, no clue where that one was.
And for drugs, use what you got. Better weapon higher rank faster killing more xp.

/oh
Drugs for the epics. 5 drugs that give +3, 5 drugs that give +4, 4 drugs that give +5. Thats 55. Boosts your rank by 11. Get some krinak drugs, thats another 25 to main skills...