PDA

View Full Version : LOM Pills

unreal
31-12-05, 13:47
I spent two days LOMing and i've still got 85ish points to get rid of. I've lost about 150million XP in total so far... don't you think that the SI should be taken away from LOM pills in the near future? I think the immense XP loss is bad enough.

SorkZmok
31-12-05, 13:52
No.

And what the hell did you lom anyway that it took that long?

Superbron
31-12-05, 14:27
I spent two days LOMing and i've still got 85ish points to get rid of. I've lost about 150million XP in total so far... don't you think that the SI should be taken away from LOM pills in the near future? I think the immense XP loss is bad enough.
Yeah, XP loss is bad enough. It also takes time to get the XP back, so get rid of the SI while lomming.

/signed

hybok
31-12-05, 14:34
research in int tbh.. someone has been macroing ^ :)

rob444
31-12-05, 14:47
I hate loming, ugh.. Either get rid of SI or make it degenerate a lot faster and I think we all will be happy \o/

Cadgar
31-12-05, 15:01
No, the SI is good. Noone has all Skills 100 some have the cap on 30 or 40 and when they play long enough the can use like 100 lom pills on that skill without losing one point. so for example a PPU could lom all from resist force and transport to melee combat and ******** your ass. then he quickly lom it back without si? O_o i dont think that this will be good

|R@zor|
31-12-05, 16:06
The SI was put in to stop people constantly switching setups and changing tradeskills, so i think it should stay.

Kierz
31-12-05, 16:23
What's the reason for making it 0% si req tho, it only adds 42% or so, change it to 50% so we can take 2 at once then go afk for 10 mins, it's not changing anything in how much of your time it wastes ingame, just doesn't waste it as badly in real life :p

IRC/MSN and a 5 min timer usually helps me from getting bored anyway :p

Superbron
31-12-05, 16:34
It's a game we play for fun, isn't it?

Dogface
31-12-05, 16:48
I see this turning into a Fair VS Fun argument :rolleyes:

Cadgar
31-12-05, 17:02
What's the reason for making it 0% si req tho, it only adds 42% or so, change it to 50% so we can take 2 at once then go afk for 10 mins, it's not changing anything in how much of your time it wastes ingame, just doesn't waste it as badly in real life :p

IRC/MSN and a 5 min timer usually helps me from getting bored anyway :p

this is a good idea. keep the si but enable it to take 2 or more pills at the same time

Demental
31-12-05, 17:22
Aye, being able to take 2 then go watch some TV would make it a lot less painful for people like me who don't macro taking them. I pay to play this game for fun. Not to sit at my screen and watch people walk by as I eat pills. It's like pulling teeth. Funny if you're the one watching, but if you're the subject it sucks.

Cyphor
31-12-05, 18:10
The SI was put in to stop people constantly switching setups and changing tradeskills, so i think it should stay.

And the exp loss is enough to stop that... A fully capped const isn't gona swap to research and back just to do a few rares with the immense exp loss.

Combat chars only lom to try new setups, perfect their setups or try something new, nothing bad there and again they'll have to re-lvl.

If people want it to be a big time sink then remove exp loss, one or the other, atm its just a pain in the ass.

Finl
31-12-05, 18:50
drop it to 25% and give us access to take 4 loms (100%)

Whitestuff
31-12-05, 23:33
Agreed, the combination of releveling and the SI amounts to a lot of time. I think, to be fair to all parties, this should be done:

1)Increase SI to 50%.
2)Enable the taking of 2 pills at a time (ie- take 2 and you have to wait until SI hits 0% to take 2 more).
3)Remove EXP loss.

Removing exp loss helps keep it fun because once you are done spending the time to LoM, you can try out your new setup/tradeskill/combatskill immediately, and you are just out the time it took to LoM. The exp loss as it stands now just doubles the time for no reason. You are out of commission during the LoM's, you shouldn't be after you are done taking them.

I realize from an RP aspect that it makes sense (somewhat, but not totally) but you have to consider things from a game playing standpoint as well.

unreal
01-01-06, 02:28
No.

And what the hell did you lom anyway that it took that long?Going from droner to pistol.

unreal
01-01-06, 02:30
No, the SI is good. Noone has all Skills 100 some have the cap on 30 or 40 and when they play long enough the can use like 100 lom pills on that skill without losing one point. so for example a PPU could lom all from resist force and transport to melee combat and ******** your ass. then he quickly lom it back without si? O_o i dont think that this will be goodExcept he would lose half his strength experience in the process.

Paper Dragon
01-01-06, 02:30
Going from droner to pistol.

So changing the entire focus of your character.

For that purpose, the LOMs are perfectly fine. They're there to correct mistakes; if you want to change whole facets of your character, there should be penalties attached if you ask me.

unreal
01-01-06, 02:33
You don't think the 170million's worth of xp loss is enough of a penalty?

Paper Dragon
01-01-06, 02:34
You don't think the 170million's worth of xp loss is enough of a penalty?

It could be adjusted, yes, but completely eliminating it? Hell no.

Characters can already be capped in under a week.

unreal
01-01-06, 02:43
I never said the xp loss should be removed, I simply said the SI should. The xp loss itself is bad enough. Spending days using the LOM pills to waste 1million xp at a time is just a painful process. As a pistol spy how long do you think it would take to get the xp back without leeching from a monk team?

Cadgar
01-01-06, 02:48
Except he would lose half his strength experience in the process.

atm i have 500k overcapped in str as a monk that exists since septembre. if would lom every str point away to give it to something else i would lose like 2% of that 500k overcapped. And thats what i mean. Sure u lose more with highe baseskills

sultana
01-01-06, 07:02
No, the SI is good. Noone has all Skills 100 some have the cap on 30 or 40 and when they play long enough the can use like 100 lom pills on that skill without losing one point. so for example a PPU could lom all from resist force and transport to melee combat and ******** your ass. then he quickly lom it back without si? O_o i dont think that this will be good
I don't think most PPUs have enough time to take 20ish loms in the middle of trying to support someone. But then again no transport means the PPU won't be moving anywhere, anytime soon,

unreal
01-01-06, 07:50
I really don't see what the problem would be with 0% SI LOM pills, apart from where CON is concerned, those of which can be left with the SI... Having a spy or monk LOM out all his fire resist and stick it into energy for an OP fight against a load of monks with holy lightning wouldn't be good. But for everything else, like the intelligence, dexterity, strength and psi subskills, it really won't affect anything whatsoever. Imagine if you were an apu hybrid and decided to go full apu, and then back to hybrid again. The amount of time it took to get the 40million or so XP that would be lost from taking the LOM pills is a penalty all by itself.

A PPU LOMs out the small amount of resist force and transport he has and sticks it on melee combat to hit you with a sword? woop-te-doo. You can just run away.

Jules69
01-01-06, 09:41
LOM debates = 2 years ago

its not changing.

unreal
01-01-06, 09:47
The more it's brought up the more it'll be rethought, if any of the 'important' people bother to read it.

Scanner Darkly
01-01-06, 12:01
I had to lom from TL150 in construction the other week, so I feel your pain bro. ;)

unreal
01-01-06, 13:12
Yeah, I've said this before at some point, so I might as well say it again, in Neocron you spend half your time doing absolutely nothing... be it waiting for SI (especially in the case of LOMing)... or just running through a couple of sectors.. crashing.. relogging in... etc... the IMMENSE XP loss you recieve from using LOM pills should be enough for Reakktor to think twice about giving SI for a particular set of LOMs.

Removing SI from all types of LOMs except for the constitution ones would help people experiment with different things. Since I LOM'd my droner to pistols over a couple of long days I still needed to cap strength (currently at 39, yay) so I went to the MB bunker and started doing a load of launcher missions to gain NEXT symp. Some newbies were talking about vehicles and flying things like the DoY bomber; and the conversation was quickly halted when the newbie said "omg im not LOMing all those points". If you remove the SI from the LOMs that are actually needed to do something, like being able to drive vehicles, people will experiment more instead of thinking how long it would take them to do it and forgetting the idea.

If anything at least find a way to modify this for NeoFrag, and let people properly test out their setups without wasting days LOMing, and therefore hours and hours and hours of time they spent levelling the characters.