PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] Neocron has gone wrong...

rhPhMe
31-12-05, 12:53
Who here thinks neocron has gone wrong, kk has changed the game in order to make things more easy...such as no pking, no city attacks, basicly so the game is more like wow....red vs blue...

If i was in charge of neocron....the things i would change...

Change Factions to that of NC1 Factions...

Copbots and gaurds....do slight more damage but no freeze....and warn you once....

No guards in any part of pepper park....

Change soullight hit back to that of NC1 days...

See the whole problem with kk is....they dont play the game..they dont listen to what the customer wants.....they probably play wow...

The whole thing about getting pked for your first time in aggies by a uber cs tank is amazing....yeah you die of course....but it gives you something to look forward to...

This is just my thought of why neocron is going down the drain....

Please comment...(forgive spelling) :x

rhPhMe
31-12-05, 12:58
Also one more thing.....another way to solve half your problems....Make 1 server...a 4 slot everyone server....germans americans brits and everyone.....

If you did this the population would right itself...people would always be playing becuase of the time difference...

See people log on and go....hmmm no one on....then log off...

The whole thing that was great about this game...was the pvp....in and outside of op wars...

Just my thoughts...comment

Superbron
31-12-05, 14:30
I agree with you on the red vs. blue. There should be more complexity to the F6 screen!

Tratos
31-12-05, 14:54
The F6 screen has began to evolve and it has been said that the faction alliances will begin to crumble to make it more complex again, we have already seen Nexts slight shift and in the recent VOTR articles the tention is building in the dome with BD getting edgy.

When Heretic is back from his Christmas break im sure both webzines will kick off again with force and we will see further developments in terms of faction relations both in ingame events and the webzines.

Spermy
31-12-05, 15:42
Nc1 F6 window. Sort the faction locations out via storyline - mix them up a bit from NC1 if they were REALLY that bad. ( IMO they were fine.)

Thats all you need.

1 3 char server for each language. Anyone who wants alts has a slot or two spare.

Get rid of copbots AND guards where both exist in the same sector. One or the other please. DoY Guards to patrol - gives the enmey less safespotting ability, but still makes it reasonable to raid the dome.

See the whole problem with kk is....they dont play the game..they dont listen to what the customer wants.....they probably play wow...

I, along with several others know different pal. You ARE wrong ;)

unreal
03-01-06, 18:27
Who here thinks neocron has gone wrong, kk has changed the game in order to make things more easy...such as no pking, no city attacks, basicly so the game is more like wow....red vs blue...Isn't that kinda how it's supposed to be? There's two alliances, red vs well, green (unless you change your HUD colours) :P Most of us agree that they completely fecked City Mercs sideways, I think they should still be at war with Twilight Guardian or maybe change it to Crahn... "war against the overpowered monks, fear my cannon". This way they have the ability to be paid to fight specific factions and be able to have a way of getting their SL and sympathy back up.

Bredahl
04-01-06, 00:22
oh yes.. oh hell yes.. make CM enemys to crahn..! then i would stay CM on my PE!

Black Mamba
04-01-06, 00:44
cm to neutral was a bad idea

Rage
09-01-06, 10:42
i do agree on the Red Blue thing..i hate that/it jus seem so basic... i love tha days.when BD was n tha streets...NC so boring now man... not tha game jus tha city. only other thing i dont like...its not enough ppl.n pepper park barly exsist. its jus whats left over from nc1. dont no one ever go there. BD use to live n them streets boi. it was fun lol... n they got everything split.its so hard to get shyt.its sad dude. econimics is nothing like it was n NC1.. backbones in city merc fsm... implants biotech and eyes tt...it could take u ah good 3 days to get cha shyt... if u annoy tha customer u not gone sell good. i mean thats just good marketing

RogerRamjet
09-01-06, 12:02
Yeh merge servers again!

You know how good that idea was in the transfer from NC1 to NC2! Thats why we have a huge community!

Crest
09-01-06, 14:11
Aint it funny, the SL thing. First no one is happy with what we had, now its bring it back

I was a little surprised to have lost SL when my drone killed an apu by accident in a hunting zone, when he alreay had a negative SL. In NC1 I would have never got it.

Does this mean, someone PKS noobs in Aggie Cellars, gets a red SL. Someone logs a char to retaliate, and kills him and they are punished too ?

Zheo
09-01-06, 18:28
I'm sure KK said they where planning on re-starting old haterids didn't they?

Aint it funny, the SL thing. First no one is happy with what we had, now its bring it back

I was a little surprised to have lost SL when my drone killed an apu by accident in a hunting zone, when he alreay had a negative SL. In NC1 I would have never got it.

Does this mean, someone PKS noobs in Aggie Cellars, gets a red SL. Someone logs a char to retaliate, and kills him and they are punished too ?

No one will ever be happy, you can please everything and such forth.

I lost SL in NC1 killing neg red, and lost some in NC2 killing some neg SL. I think noobs should keep LE's in then they wouldnt die...

cymoncymple
09-01-06, 21:13
I think noobs should keep LE's in then they wouldnt die...

the LE no clan thing is dumb as all hell...to join a clan to get real help you take out the one thing that allows you to be worth something to a clan. but, then again if i could have joined a clan with LE in...my LE would still be in.

most spoken noob line with LE in: Dump the crap on the floor they will respawn faster..

most spoken noob line with LE out: OH GOD, he won't let me get my belt.

As a returning vet....i took out my LE and 30seconds later was murdered in plaza1...heheh (hasn't happened since but was funny me thinks...)

Marshall1
10-01-06, 17:22
SL needs sorting anyone cangoround p2 or pepper park kill aliied runners or start shooting them and they got till there sl hits -63 before anyone can do anything about it that sucks thats about 2 kills they get before we can kill them then they g hide in there aprtments till it goes down and then do it allover again if you have negative sl you should be able to be killed on sight no matter where you are. you cant have people joining clan who are LED it wouldnt work.

if a clan is at war with a clan all runners should be fair game having led people in clan would mess this balance up

Foo
10-01-06, 17:59
SL needs sorting anyone cangoround p2 or pepper park kill aliied runners or start shooting them and they got till there sl hits -63 before anyone can do anything about it that sucks thats about 2 kills they get before we can kill them then they g hide in there aprtments till it goes down and then do it allover again if you have negative sl you should be able to be killed on sight no matter where you are. you cant have people joining clan who are LED it wouldnt work.

if a clan is at war with a clan all runners should be fair game having led people in clan would mess this balance up

Thats wrong there cause now its -32 then guards will own ya .

cymoncymple
10-01-06, 18:27

Well I would agree with that to a limited degree...

I see the LE protecting the player from random grief...

I think saying the LE doesn't work in clans is only half the truth; because if the LE could be changed you aren't taking into account Clan membership should be changd as well. I think the LE can work for someone in a clan (should dev make it happen) by protecting them from the random no reason kill. However, as you laid out if a clan is at war everyone is (and should be) fair game....in such setting (in my version) the LE chip wouldn't protect a player from WAR kills. If the LE was allowed to remain in AND overridden by war then I think the LE concept would be perfect.

But, before you say it I know..most clans don't go to war (or work VERY hard not ever have to) so a change to LE wouldn't really do anything.

Brew
12-01-06, 17:23
cool, it worked... linked my new NC2 account to my old NC1 forum handle here.

anyway, i gotta say.. i was surprised and somewhat disapointed to log in and realize that the entire CM business district is now a "secure area"

what's up with that?

man, back in the day when we first started.. when EOB was running around with their hacked 5 slot cursed souls ganking anything that moved, it gave us DRIVE, it gave us a goal that "we WILL have our revenge"

this was back when you had to have your LE out or else suffer exp gain penalties. now, there's really no reason to take out your LE while levelling, there's no reason to.

silent000
12-01-06, 19:49
i enjoyd the fights every1 used to have in p2......yeh they were zone whores but it used to keep me entertained :lol: