PDA

View Full Version : About that silly chat bug

Zeninja
31-12-05, 09:39
Hi,

You've all experience that weird chat bug, which makes everything you type appearing seconds after you actually sent it (pressing the enter key). Usually happening after a long time not zoning.

I noticed that you can see surreptitiously what you just typed, by pressing repeatedly the mouse wheel down (yes I have a leet wheel-equiped mouse). So I suppose it's only a client side bug, which could be easily handled by "fixers" in KK.

I have no idea where I could post that thing (since I barely get any answer when using IG bug reporting tool), so I post that here and I hope this could help. Any GM is invited to close this thread if I get his promise to report it to the person who's concerned with that kind of issues.

*** End of transmission ***

Ras Klaat
31-12-05, 10:40
first thing i thought of is you prob scrolled up on your chat screen, so you gotta wait till someone types something for your chat to show up on screen.
its there but you cant see it cause you scrolled up.
i could be wrong. i never experienced that bug tbh.

Zeninja
31-12-05, 10:50
first thing i thought of is you prob scrolled up on your chat screen
It isn't (Both using wheel and draging on tabs don't work at all).

And I'm experiencing that strange bug at least one time a day... I was convinced that I wasn't the only one.

Gdelic
31-12-05, 11:08
its ur mouse
the wheel dont scroll down to last chatrow on his own because of (3 line/click)
i only have that with logitech
and u can fix it urself by using scrolling manually to get scrolled down,after u see that chat is messed
oh and it happens mostly after u scrolled up in chat with mousewheel

hope that helped ya and may u even understand this gibberish i talk when still asleep
Good new year to all of u later

Gdelic

jini
31-12-05, 11:24
Solution: use the mouse over the elevator in the chat window and click holding yr mouse pointer over it, drug it downwards and keep it in place for a couple of seconds. After this time what you type will stay there and you wont experience this again

eLcHi
31-12-05, 11:30
what gdelic said - 100% true was about to write the same

Ras Klaat
31-12-05, 12:08
its ur mouse
the wheel dont scroll down to last chatrow on his own because of (3 line/click)
i only have that with logitech
and u can fix it urself by using scrolling manually to get scrolled down,after u see that chat is messed
oh and it happens mostly after u scrolled up in chat with mousewheel

hope that helped ya and may u even understand this gibberish i talk when still asleep
Good new year to all of u later

Gdelic

yup thats what i thought it was

Skusty
31-12-05, 13:16
yes I have a leet wheel-equiped mouse
I got a mouse with leet wheel, über fast sensitivity changers on the mouse unde the leetwheel! And i can change its weight. ( a g5 )

Riddle
31-12-05, 13:34
I haven't seen this bug sounds like your not on the last line of chat window happens to me if i scroll up to see something on trade and then forget to scroll down ;)

LTA
31-12-05, 14:02
I been noticing that a lot, it just flicks itself up a line and the bottom line cant be seen and it is annoying sometimes when trying to converse with people lol

Dogface
31-12-05, 16:51
No no, I've had this bug too.
My chat box never leaves the bottom line =/

cRazy-
31-12-05, 18:16
Like everyone said use the manual scrollbar.

Matthew.v.smith
31-12-05, 19:13
If you notice that everytime your chat bar updates you pause, or that everytime you type you get a big pause, check your firewall and virus scanner isnt set too high, it happened to me once.

M.

jini
31-12-05, 19:44
Solution: use the mouse over the elevator in the chat window and click holding yr mouse pointer over it, drug it downwards and keep it in place for a couple of seconds. After this time what you type will stay there and you wont experience this again
I repeat what I said before.. this is the solution to what both gdelic and Zenin descibe. It's certainly not a firewall problem

Zeninja
31-12-05, 20:51
I have to precise I'm playing behind a masquerading gateway. Maybe people experiencing the same problem are too ?

I really don't think it's either a mouse (since I've already tried to use tabs many times) or firewalling rules problem.

jini
01-01-06, 09:23
I have to precise I'm playing behind a masquerading gateway. Maybe people experiencing the same problem are too ?

I really don't think it's either a mouse (since I've already tried to use tabs many times) or firewalling rules problem.
Zeninja, for god's sake. It's a mouse/program's fault. How could it be a firewall's one? Simply put, the elevator(the little box in the window that scrolls) doesn't lock in place for whatever the reason. if you push it downwards for some seconds it will lock and you wont have the same problem...

Zeninja
01-01-06, 16:24
Roger that chef, but don't punch me in the nose k ? :(

Zeninja
14-01-06, 19:04
It's a mouse/program's fault.
I encountered this problem again 2 or 3 times again after that thread, and it appeared that the solution is to simply drag "scrolltab" (don't know the exact name) cause mouse wheel doesn't allow you to reach last chat line sometimes.

Nothing to do with firewalling thus :o

Mr Kot
14-01-06, 19:56
Yup, the ingame scrollbars aren't infallible.

The mousewheel is handy for scrolling UP the chat, but won't go all the way down to the latest line. Drag the bar manually for that. I never have any problems when i do that.