PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Production I.G. Anime

kurai
31-12-05, 00:04
A quick OT question to the anime fans ...

I was poking around the Production I.G. site to see if there was any news on a 3rd series of GITS-SAC and saw the pages for Otogizoushi and Blood+.

Are they any good, and if so are there recommended fansubs that aren't too terribly translated ?

sanityislost
31-12-05, 00:48
Ive watched Blood+ eps 1-9 and i really like it.
Wasnt sure what they where going to do with it but the movie was kickass
Its worth watches the first few eps and finding out for yourself tho

The fansubs from Bakakozou are rather good

havent heard anything about Otogizoushi, will track it down after the new year.

SiL ..:..

nobby
31-12-05, 01:45
I dunno, never seen it... Will look

You like Naruto ? :p

kurai
31-12-05, 02:26
You like Naruto ? :pEmphatic *NO*

It was a tedious bunch of arse.

;)

BlackDove
31-12-05, 02:28
Seen Blood+ up to sixth episode myself, it's going in the correct direction I guess, but I can't harvest enough interest to see the remaining ones (up to 12th episode now).

Otogizoushi? No idea, never heard of it.

kurai
31-12-05, 02:31
Otogizoushi? No idea, never heard of it.Otogizoushi/Otogi Zoshi (http://www.productionig.com/contents/works_sp/06_/index.html)

Jake Cutter
31-12-05, 03:14
I really hope they do a 3rd GITS:SAC series. The first two kick much ass.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Nananine
31-12-05, 07:40
I heard good things about IGPX, the original series that Production IG did for Cartoon Network. It surprised me that it WOULD be good, but the voice acting cast is top notch (Haley Joel Osment, Lance Henriksen, et al). Any idea of how it is?

suler
31-12-05, 12:30
I'd also like to see a third gig.

Heavyporker
01-01-06, 04:16
while I do watch Naruto (cartoon network), I do have to admit it gets... tedious... with all the flashbacks, repeats, and all that shit that slows up the damn show.

Paper Dragon
01-01-06, 04:40
while I do watch Naruto (cartoon network), I do have to admit it gets... tedious... with all the flashbacks, repeats, and all that shit that slows up the damn show.

Given they were originally broadcasted once a week, you have to expect a certain amount of "what happened" bits. ;)

/EDIT - Should also remember that it was created alongside the Manga, so had to fill itself out with things that would normally be deemed unneccesary, as to not shoot ahead.

kurai
01-01-06, 05:50
Well - I've now watched the first 12 eps of Blood+ ...

(Mix of Shinsen and Bakakozou subbed episodes - the Shinsen are better tranlsated, the Bakakozou better quality video captures, but they are both well done - not a lot to choose between them)

I liked it a lot - it's definitely being added to the RSS auto-grab list.

I'll let you know how Otogizoushi goes ;)

sanityislost
01-01-06, 08:11
sweet dude

SiL ..:..

Scanner Darkly
01-01-06, 11:53

They seem to do that a little bit less in the current story arc, but yeah that was the only thing that annoyed me about the show. Other than that I find it a pretty entertaining show...

I guess this is a couple of shows I will have to check out as well, Kurai, thanks for the heads up with this thread.