PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 1 enthusiast returning

mcos7562
30-12-05, 13:50
I tried out Neocron 2 way back in the beginning of it all and was really bummed to learn that people could transfer their characters from Neocron 1 over since I had canceled my NC1 account back in the day before there was word of a NC2. (I had a capped PSI monk, no one probably remembers my character but if anyone who I used to play with is still around my character's name was Genu.)

Nevertheless I've decided to jump back into the world of Neocron 2.

I mostly solo through this kind of game. Im curious as to how the classes are now. I always wanted to try a tank but found that they were always shunned by PSI monks. Now I have heard that a PSI monk cant PSI buff him/herself. Im curious to know what is a good solo class and what is a good class for PVP.

Also is there a trick to creating a character in NC2 like there was in NC1, There used to be a trick where if you dumped all your starting skill points into one ability you would unlock another 15 for yourself from the start. Is there anything like this now?

Brammers
30-12-05, 14:55
You been gone a very long time by the sounds of it!

That extra 15 points sounds like a bug, which I think was fixed long ago. (I remember loosing some hack with that patch)

Monks - well you can't make a holy heal/shelter/defector with holy lighting monk any more. The PPU/APU requirements have been increased to stop that. However you can make a blessed hybrid monk, which can be a good solo class, and maybe a good PvP class (I'll let the Hybrid experts comment on that). As for buffing yourself with PSI combat, that's no long possible. As you will see there is a lot of complaining on the forums that monks are overpowered, and no-one has found the ultimate solution to fix them. (IMHO)

Tanks - The cookie cutter tank is gone, as KK nerfed freezer weapons, but tanks with cursed souls are still to be feared as well as the meele combat tank.

Spys - Still weak, but some people out there have some very good PvP setups.

PE's - This seems to be a popular PvP class still, and good for solo hunting.

You may as well play around with the classes. As for your PSI monk, you may as well transfer it, but you may need to do some loming!

Lucas Anderson
31-12-05, 07:47
Good choice, welcome back :)

Extremer
06-01-06, 05:03
:D Genu, Hey i remember you.

Just jumped back in myself, names was: Draknar, and BaDaSsWiCkEdToAsT.
Funny seeing u coming back