PDA

View Full Version : Question about hacknet

30-12-05, 02:38
Hope somone can answer this

I have a NEXT hacker and went into hacknet for the first time today, I've since learned that I need something called a codebreaker and a high capacity datacube (not sure where they come form) but assuming I had those I need help with the following scenario

Since I'm allied with DRE I can get into their system without getting attacked. Does this mean that I can just stroll up to their database and pinch stuff easily (and do I still need a construction licence and can I pinch those too?) and does it also mean I can et my own fsm stuff from my database without needing 90 symp

If not where is the flaw in the plan?

Bloom
30-12-05, 03:09
To get your own faction database you will need TL90 cubes. You can buy them from Faction Supply Manager (need 90 symp to access him) he sell also construction licence.You dont need sympathy to access database but you need it to be able to buy cubes or ask someone with FSM access to buy them for you.

To get another faction databes you will need TL90 cubes and codebreaker. You need to kill and loot mobs in HN to get parts and make cobebreakers. You can use one codebreaker only once.

Bloom.

Sorontar
30-12-05, 17:45
I've read the guide HERE (http://nc.synergyxr.net/guides/hacking/) which was very useful but am wondering if there is an updated guide somewhere that gives new hackers an insight as what the state of play is now with hacknet and the various databases you can access?

09-01-06, 23:26
Is it correct that I'm not getting any loot off the mobs in infected storage 1?

Mr Kot
11-01-06, 02:51
Correct. It is the guard mobs in the DNSs that drop the codebreaker parts. That, and the high level mobs in the 3rd level hacknet dungeons around the city.

Riddle
11-01-06, 15:13
Unfortunately also remember that some DB items from a certain faction require a bloody licence from another faction!

DIABLO666
13-01-06, 13:51
also remember most of the items acutally suck neway and it wud probably be less trouble just to buy them from other runners rather than finding sumbody to get you the bp and license, then spend an hour working through that dam maze which is hacknet. Also is it possible 2 reach Jerico if u hack into hn at DOY??

RentonDraines
18-01-06, 17:24
I know i'm repeating here, just wanted to summarize. (i'm drinking coffee, nothing better to do...)

Any hacker can access his faction's database. Bring TL 90 cubes from your FSM, and keep them in your inventory.

Allied and neutral databases will let you in, but you will need to have codebreakers on you. They are one-use items that you keep in your inventory. They are recycled from parts you get from enemy dns's.

There are 2 types of codebreakers. The type you need are recycled from parts looted from enemy dns's. The parts you get from Medium Security Login are recycled into Mark VII codebreakers which are for the Phoenix Database, whick requires TL100 cubes (which are not in-game yet.)

Lastly, DoY hacknet and Nc hacknet meet in the middle at TH Bridglink and at Military Base DNS. You can travel from one end to the other, but it's not easy for lower level hackers. And all hackers should avoid TH Bridge, because it's basically hacknet's version of MC5 without the rewards. So yes, you can reach Jericho from DoY.

No matter where you get your data (friend or foe) you will still need to buy faction construction licenses, which while cheap still require you to do business with someone who can access that faction's FSM.

It can be argued that it's just as easy to buy the finished item to begin with, but I disagree since it's alot easier to stand in a faction HQ asking for someone with FSM than it is to get someone from that faction to go hack out the cubes you need.

Remember it's usually cheaper to make an item than buy it from someone else.

Any hacker should have FSM, or he's wasting his time imho.

Renton