PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Etiquette

onero S
30-12-05, 02:34
Its quite funny really, and its happened to pretty much everyoen, at one point or another some red feels the need to dm and tell you you suck for one reason or another.

There is the "you may have killed me, but if I were on my other char....."

The "Haha you suck even though you died to 3 people at once"

and then the just general, "wow you're a nib at this game"

The thing is, I have yet to see a good player do this, mostly the people doing this shit are of somwhat questionable skill themselves. And although these comments are usualy not true, they can be correct ocasonaly. Thats not to say its a good thing to do. If you're a good player then prove it with skill, not by trying to be an ass to others. Even if somone does "suck" don't harass them just because they arn't as 7331 as you are, it generaly makes you look quite stupid.

That aside ever notice the people that cry nib the most tend to be one?

Paper Dragon
30-12-05, 04:33
If it's one thing I've learned from PvP in games is that the best players will, more often than not, be the ones who don't inflate themselves on forums, or smacktalk.

I can also genuinely say that the ones who inflate themselves the most tend to be the ones with the worst spelling, and the first to dive into personal insults. o_O

Hard to tell what comes first, though; the piss-poor attitude attracting that sort of person to PvP, or PvP bringing that side of people out.

It goes without saying this doesn't apply to everyone, just before anyone tries to call me out that front.

Dogface
30-12-05, 06:01

Anyone else finding that funny compared to his sig?
Other than that, I agree.

sultana
30-12-05, 06:26
:lol:

I hardly ever see dms anymore. It all goes over on trade :rolleyes:

eprodigy
30-12-05, 06:41
when im out fighting solo i mute all channels, with others all but team

onero S
30-12-05, 07:10

my sig is built for irony and is actualy talking about the old nc1 hybrids

Koshinn
30-12-05, 08:03
Its quite funny really, and its happened to pretty much everyoen, at one point or another some red feels the need to dm and tell you you suck for one reason or another.

The "Haha you suck even though you died to 3 people at once"

and then the just general, "wow you're a nib at this game"

The thing is, I have yet to see a good player do this, mostly the people doing this shit are of somwhat questionable skill themselves. And although these comments are usualy not true, they can be correct ocasonaly. Thats not to say its a good thing to do. If you're a good player then prove it with skill, not by trying to be an ass to others. Even if somone does "suck" don't harass them just because they arn't as 7331 as you are, it generaly makes you look quite stupid.

That aside ever notice the people that cry nib the most tend to be one?

Are you Sword?

onero S
30-12-05, 08:15
:angel:

Koshinn
30-12-05, 08:21
:angel:
I thought your word choice was familiar.

And yeah, you're mostly write. There are always exceptions of course, but most good players don't boast or rub it in. It's funny when people make "best player/pe/tank/monk/spy/whatever" threads on forums and they list people that totally suck but just happen to speak up a lot.

onero S
30-12-05, 08:27
not only that, but there are people whom I respect very much in this game, but its because I see how much they own, not because I hear about it. There are also people who I think suck, but I don't rub it in their face, a lot of really nice people just arn't that good at pvp and thats ok with me lol, I don't try to make them feel bad for it.

Koshinn
30-12-05, 09:49
not only that, but there are people whom I respect very much in this game, but its because I see how much they own, not because I hear about it. There are also people who I think suck, but I don't rub it in their face, a lot of really nice people just arn't that good at pvp and thats ok with me lol, I don't try to make them feel bad for it.

On the other hand, some people truely think they're the best in the game (not just an ego trip, but they really believe it), but they aren't close. You should remind them that everyone loses sometimes. Hell, even I've been known to lose 1v1s from time to time. :lol: 8|

Terayon
30-12-05, 10:16
Tree planting canada

Bugs Gunny
30-12-05, 11:49
When they're in local i go over to them and get down on my knees, moving my head back on forth in front of their crotch with my mouse, prving that i indeed suck.

But hey, i'm good at sucking so therefore i'm leet?

Spermy
30-12-05, 14:01
Oi Oi!

I Dm when I'm killed! Mostly humourous of course but it's that humour that stops you getting killed.

Again.

And again.
AND AGAIN :p

I advocate either side DMing, as long as it's in decent spirit, especially if yer there for a reason, most people are pretty reasonable if you really need to do something there. Just don't use Epic as an excuse :p

The only people who ain't reasonable are the no skillers who manage the odd kill, a god remedy of that is to let them know yer GR ing back in fer yer belt and not to shoot. It's amazing how long they wait there for you, on average about the time it takes to get there from a sector away and visit justice in kind :p

But yeah, Insulty DMs? Mute.