PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Monk?

Rana
29-12-05, 18:27
Hi,

i just subcribed NC2 again and wondered if can play an APU/PPU (Preacher?) now/again.
Last thing i heared from friends that left NC1 later then me was that they patched Hybrids till death, and beep beep! beep beep beep! :D

Another question, does it make sense to level a hybrid and use LOM pills later or is there a good way to solo a ppu from start. When i last played NC i used a four-slot Paraschock-Something and a soulcluster that cost me a lot of SL from random nukes on evry other runner afair :)

Greetz Rana

Zeninja
29-12-05, 21:06
Another question, does it make sense to level a hybrid and use LOM pills later or is there a good way to solo a ppu from start. When i last played NC i used a four-slot Paraschock-Something and a soulcluster that cost me a lot of SL from random nukes on evry other runner afair :)
Welcome back

You should better find a clan to get a team easily if you want to exp as a ppu from the beginning, as long as taking off LE isn't a problem for you. Hybrids were nerfed and unerfed several times, all you have to know now is that even though there's no more effectivness penalty for using both apu/ppu, spell's reqs have been increased to a level that prevents you from getting a nice exp as a 50/50 one (not to mention you'll get insane rank, lowering exp gain too).

Go for apu-based hybrid if you're a solo player.

About the SL loss, they increase the amount of damage for losing SL to 15%, so you barely take any risk of losing SL by parashocking someone. Now with a soul cluster, you cast it at your own risk : any ally/neutral is able to take agro from your cluster simply shooting at it.

Cadgar
29-12-05, 21:53
Another Thing you need to know is that you cant Psi-Buff yourself anymore

Rana
30-12-05, 10:14
APU based hybrid seems the way to go, ill try aggie cellar tonight...
nearly forgot that i cant go there anymore, is there a counterpart in DoY?
All i found were huge nearly empty halls with a spider or two.
So i managed to go off topic in my own thread :lol: sry

Preach
30-12-05, 10:52
level four sidestreets for the big win. Go to DOY city centre and there is one on the left hand side as you go through the glass doors at the bottom with a citycom right next to it for missions