PDA

View Full Version : Sorry My Bad

Crest
29-12-05, 14:02
I used this quote from BF2 (Sorry My Bad) cause it explains my thread a little.

Ethics and whats the right thing to do ....
Most of you that are pro city, have probably seen my sniper about, especially hunting reds and cleansing the world of impure rezza followers.

Case 1.
Line up and shoot a red, he may or may not be clanned, and he drops first shot. To me this indicates either exceptionally bad resist or low level. Now through my scope I cannot tell level, but as a rule i try and not shoot low levels. So I line him up, and cant make level, he could be a PA less PE or Monk / Hybrid, so i loose element of surprise. What do i do, leave or take the shot

Case 2.
This is in reference to the Poor spy who keeps dying to my hand in I_06. I killed him , as he killed me (Same time deaths, how, I have no idea). I get back to my belt first and intercept him before he gets to his, thats 2 belts for me. He is red, Bio me thinks. A clan logs on, all yellows (CM - Could be). I not one to fight neuts and friendlies without reason, so I move about, try and trade the guy his PA back, when I see the instant glue spell, so there are 5 mercs, this spy and a case of instant glue. I leave. They DM me telling me he is doing his epic. Should I care that a Enemy may be doing an epic, but instead of fin his epic he is hunting and destroying our world in the name of rezza

Case 3.
We at MB, 2 of us spies, We see a FA. We dont shoot as he is a yellow. He pulls out his gun and takes a shot at us. We return the favour and kill him. We know he drugs as his dead standing. Now he is bitching about us stealthing. I go inside and change my gun from SH to HL. and come out, he is a PE, I locate him behind the base, and start hitting him, he stealths, rinse and repeat ... he not going far, he then tells me he has drug flash, me I dont use drugs. I kill him, he is not happy. Should I care as 1) When I stealthed about he bitched 2) He attacked us when we were neuts to him 3) Only 1 of us shot him and kille dhim 4) I dont drug, so no flash

Case 4.
Backed off case 3, he DM's me and tells me my whole clan is KOS. Not only to his clan but to clan X (Just so happens clan X has a spy running about). My warning to him was, 5 people in my clan = 5 targets (All capped), 100 People in the 2 combined clans = 100 targets, If he wants a skirmish, I am sure we can go the extra mile, it means we have more to shoot at.
Clan X spy running about, He using termi, we go toe to toe (I hate clipping as I loose him for a few seconds, but he not doing it on purpose its just the way NC is at the moment). I see him switch guns, as he gets his final shot off and I lay dead, I see his belt on the floor while he is standing. He may have got me with his SH, but it cost him his life. While getting poked up he and I chat, usaul crap about good fight and so on. I ask him why his clan is about killing friendlies / neuts, he was told we were out PKing friendlies / Neuts by the trouble maker.
We patch up and leave, should clan leaders be responsable for ensuring they understand the actions of their members before making decisions ? Her eyou got a second clan getting involved because a friend was being a ass twat.

Case 5.
I kill soneone, they log their now friendly alt to seek revenge, is this the right way to do business ?

Brammers
29-12-05, 18:06
Not quite sure of the point of this thread Crest. This a what would you do in each case sort of thread?

Dade Murphey
29-12-05, 20:34
kill him

kill him

kill him

yes

no

Spermy
29-12-05, 22:49
I used this quote from BF2 (Sorry My Bad) cause it explains my thread a little.

Ethics and whats the right thing to do ....
Most of you that are pro city, have probably seen my sniper about, especially hunting reds and cleansing the world of impure rezza followers.

Case 1.
Line up and shoot a red, he may or may not be clanned, and he drops first shot. To me this indicates either exceptionally bad resist or low level. Now through my scope I cannot tell level, but as a rule i try and not shoot low levels. So I line him up, and cant make level, he could be a PA less PE or Monk / Hybrid, so i loose element of surprise. What do i do, leave or take the shot

Take it - Low levels should be aware that the LE saves lives. If he's in a clan, he has some comeback. If he isn't then what's he doing with it out? Thats even if he is a low level. Waste him - ask questions later. If there's any whining the only reply you need give is LE.

Case 2.
This is in reference to the Poor spy who keeps dying to my hand in I_06. I killed him , as he killed me (Same time deaths, how, I have no idea). I get back to my belt first and intercept him before he gets to his, thats 2 belts for me. He is red, Bio me thinks. A clan logs on, all yellows (CM - Could be). I not one to fight neuts and friendlies without reason, so I move about, try and trade the guy his PA back, when I see the instant glue spell, so there are 5 mercs, this spy and a case of instant glue. I leave. They DM me telling me he is doing his epic. Should I care that a Enemy may be doing an epic, but instead of fin his epic he is hunting and destroying our world in the name of rezza

Epic is not Godmode. I've been on plenty of times when people believe that running an epic grants them neutrality. If yer on an epic, do the missions, don't fuck about and then use it as an excuse.

A) It's retarded.
B) It never fucking works.

Waste him :D

Case 3.
We at MB, 2 of us spies, We see a FA. We dont shoot as he is a yellow. He pulls out his gun and takes a shot at us. We return the favour and kill him. We know he drugs as his dead standing. Now he is bitching about us stealthing. I go inside and change my gun from SH to HL. and come out, he is a PE, I locate him behind the base, and start hitting him, he stealths, rinse and repeat ... he not going far, he then tells me he has drug flash, me I dont use drugs. I kill him, he is not happy. Should I care as 1) When I stealthed about he bitched 2) He attacked us when we were neuts to him 3) Only 1 of us shot him and kille dhim 4) I dont drug, so no flash

The FA is a tit. DM me the name. The bitch bit is all ignorable - you could goad him on for a laugh, but if he wants to stealth, then he really has no comeback on you doing it :P

Besides - Stealth on a PE is a dirty word. ;)

Case 4.
Backed off case 3, he DM's me and tells me my whole clan is KOS. Not only to his clan but to clan X (Just so happens clan X has a spy running about). My warning to him was, 5 people in my clan = 5 targets (All capped), 100 People in the 2 combined clans = 100 targets, If he wants a skirmish, I am sure we can go the extra mile, it means we have more to shoot at.
Clan X spy running about, He using termi, we go toe to toe (I hate clipping as I loose him for a few seconds, but he not doing it on purpose its just the way NC is at the moment). I see him switch guns, as he gets his final shot off and I lay dead, I see his belt on the floor while he is standing. He may have got me with his SH, but it cost him his life. While getting poked up he and I chat, usaul crap about good fight and so on. I ask him why his clan is about killing friendlies / neuts, he was told we were out PKing friendlies / Neuts by the trouble maker.
We patch up and leave, should clan leaders be responsable for ensuring they understand the actions of their members before making decisions ? Her eyou got a second clan getting involved because a friend was being a ass twat.

A whine on clan chat can be twisted out of all proportion. If someone has an issue with you, then most probably he'll find some way to set his buddies on you too. this kind of situation is unavoidable. Although a DM to the clan leaders usually solves this kind of nibbery.

Case 5.
I kill soneone, they log their now friendly alt to seek revenge, is this the right way to do business ?

Case 5 - No - he hasn't the skills to beat you in PvP, he has to assasinate you. You can take the moral highground, as his tactic was, well... it was lame. There is no doubt in his mind however that he is in the right.

No matter how blindingly obvious it is that the guy is a complete prick, he will always feel nothing but vindication for his so called "honour killing". People suck.

Brammers
30-12-05, 11:32
Case 1 - He's red - I take the shot. I agree it's a problem not spotting their char rank. If we find out he's a low rank (Say /30) we may get a PPU to rezz him, let him grab his belt, and tell him to get lost quickly.

Case 2 - Epic or no epic, everyone is even game.

Case 3 - This drug-wore person has a attitude problem. But I don't shoot greens or yellows unless they attack first.

Case 4 - I say Phoenix ltd is independent, and we don't involve other clans in our problems, unless there is common ground. Also my members know if they step out of line, they are likely to be thrown out. Normally when I do hear one of my members has killed a green/yellow it's because that dead person was being a ally PK'er or doing something very stupid.

Case 5 - I call that doing a Saturn. I also think it's bad RP as well. But anyway, I make sure he kills me in a zone where he looses SL and FS. :p

Safunte
30-12-05, 11:42
seeing as NC isn't all that populated lately, there are less people to kill.
In Case X (replace X with any case number) I will pull a gun and attempt to kill whoever is around me, assuming im not talking to them on teamspeak/ventrillo/skype or am in clan with them. Problem solved, no need to worry about being ally killed, no need to worry about being kosed because, I kos everyone. :angel:

Spermy
30-12-05, 13:48
seeing as NC isn't all that populated lately, there are less people to kill.
In Case X (replace X with any case number) I will pull a gun and attempt to kill whoever is around me, assuming im not talking to them on teamspeak/ventrillo/skype or am in clan with them. Problem solved, no need to worry about being ally killed, no need to worry about being kosed because, I kos everyone. :angel:

Eek.

:rolleyes: