PDA

View Full Version : A question about the stealth device.

Diss
29-12-05, 09:28
Hi all,

I recently came in posession of a stealth tool and upon use i noticed i turned into a cloud of smoke (or something similar)

Now my question is, what use does stealth have?

- Can you be seen by other players, monsters (cloud of smoke)
- Can you be targetted?
- Can you be damaged at all?
- What use has a stealth tool in general seeing you are not 100% invisible?

The idea of a stealth tool is great, being an assassin and all, what benefits could it give me?

I tried the search option, but only got a bunch of non related posts as a
result.

Tauan
29-12-05, 10:54
Well here is what you wana know:

-The closer you are to someone in stealth the more you can see them..and *most* mobs wont see you wile you have stealth running....but if the mob aggs you it can still shoot you when you pop your stealth

-No, you can not be targeted

-Yes, you can be damaged mainly by APU AoE's and some guns can hit you...but only if they hit the ground around you..and then..most cant

-Well they can only see you if your in spitting distance if your about 10 feet away they cant see you at all

Well you cant shoot wile stelth but its always fun to sneak past a guys buddys come up behind him and give him a 12 guage labodomy *termys are fun for that ;O*
Also getting to a sniper point works out well with stealth
Best use is for when you get spotted with your guard down...pop a stealth and run liek your...well....being shot at!

unreal
29-12-05, 11:10
The closer you are to someone in stealth the more you can see them..and *most* mobs wont see you wile you have stealth running....but if the mob aggs you it can still shoot you when you pop your stealthThat's kinda inaccurate; sounds like you're saying nothing will shoot you while stealthed, which is kinda the opposite. When mobs have seen you and aggro'd on you, they can shoot you while stealthed. Some mobs constantly do AoE damage (like Grim Chasers), even if they haven't seen you and you're stealthed next to them, you'll most likely end up being set on fire. People with AoE weapons can hurt you too, and even some of the non AoE weapons as well (like the plasma cannon, stray bursts can hurt, same for crossbow shots).

Well you cant shoot wile stelthThat's technically untrue as well. You can punch people with your fists (alt+H by default), although in most cases it will break the stealth on everyone elses screen, and make it appear that you're still stealthed on your own, so I would advise against doing that in combat situations. :)

Unless you plan on standing in the crahn HQ as pro-city and buying things from the smuggler in there, like I used to, you don't really need to bother with anything higher than stealth II.

Tauan
29-12-05, 11:16
pardon me on the bad wording of the first...its what...(looks down) 3:30 in the morn here..bit tired..but yah thats basicly what i was trying to get across.
oh and about not being able to shoot...come on...punching is not a viable combat choice to anything bigger than a roach. and any guns do black out when you pop your tool to you cant be a evil gunker :P

unreal
29-12-05, 11:20
It's still a weapon. I hunted down a red SL CA newbie (9/10) to Point Red that was trying to role play (ally killer) and punched him with my fists till he was dead. ;)

Tauan
29-12-05, 11:27
lol thats classic..well im gona go pass out now :P

Diss
29-12-05, 13:10
Ah, very nice, thank you for your input guys :)