PDA

View Full Version : Stupid idea of ze week

Zeninja
29-12-05, 00:49
Hi,

I've had a new idea about monks. And I wanted to share.

I suppose that this idea was already suggested on english boards (I know that this was already discussed on french forums, at least), so this may only be a reminder and you're invited to post a link to this/those thread(s) if you know any of these.

So here it is : switch ppu's para/db with apu's antibuffs and viceversa

In other words, Para and Db would only be casted by Apus (instead of Ppus atm), and Antibuffs only by Ppus (instead of Apus atm).

Some benefits this MAY bring :

- Less Para Spamming : in a "one apu + one ppubuttplug" team, the Apu needs more mana than a ppu to be efficient imho, though he's able to put several psi boosters in QB. Two para casts and your Apu makes himself no more than canon fodder.

- Less Antibuff Spamming : when a Ppu decides to cast his Antibuff, he would take the risk of leaving his Apu partner without defense, instead of making him invicible with his holy heal while quietly debuffing opponents as it is now.

- Less Para Users : since an apu commonly have a valuable Holy Lightning (or FA, or both) in QB, he would have to think twice before he takes the risk of having another rare in QB... not to mention an apu is quite easier to kill and hack than a ppu.

- Apu+Ppu versus Tank+Ppu better balance : the first one usually own the second one easily because of Apu's ability to remove opponent's buffs (and even worse, noob buffing him). With every Ppu being able to remove shields, now Tanks stand a chance ; Tank's constitution would still be balanced by opponent Apu's ability to freeze him.

- Smaller Noob Buffing Impact in OP wars : your ppu would now be able to remove your noob buffs then put you back better one in no time (which could be an alternative to a previous suggestion of allowing higher shields to get over lower shields).

- More Realism (I know ^^, but you may agree on that point) : I personnally see the ability of freezing (para) or weakening (db) people like some kind of "agressive" behaviour, like someone sticking his opponent on the ground while others kick him or inspiring him with fear so as to paralyse him and make him more sensible to pain. That's why I'd better see it as Apu's spells. Same for ability of removing shields : buffs and shields are Ppu's field, so why the hell is it an Apu's exclusivity again ?

- Most Important Thing : No need to remove a single spell, no need to throw away dev's and designers work on creating (and balancing ?) it.

Don't forget to evaluate its possible impact on hybrids balance too. And a last thing : once again, we all know that this modification will never happen, so please don't take it too seriously.

SorkZmok
29-12-05, 04:27
So a lone APU could para you, then ******** you. Now that's what we need. APUs that can use para. o_O

RusSki
29-12-05, 04:57
Ya kid i agree..... But i do also really like the idea of ppus having exclusive access to antibuff.

Instead how about the apu's getting spells that provide an anti para and/or anti damage buff effect.

edit : nm forget that. its a crap idea.

@ Zen : nice thinking man. Oh if only there was a test server

onero S
29-12-05, 05:37
apy hybrids would be god with this change. Now an apu hybrid could cap db, not just use it, use holy para, and then ass fuck you, no this idea would lead to the end of the world as we know it (I feel fine)

(sry kinda tired atm)

Zeninja
29-12-05, 06:07
Am I the only one that always have two anti-stun pills in QB or ? No need to answer me "yeah but flash etc", you only get flash when you take several of them, which means you're probably in an OP or synchwhoring fight, which means... that you would have been paralysed too the way things are atm.

Your lone apu has time to die twice before he throws me his first HL... as long as he even dares carrying several rares in a anarchy zone.

Thank you Russki ;)

onero S
29-12-05, 06:08
Am I the only one that always have two anti-stun pills in QB or ? Your lone apu has time to die twice before he throws me his first HL...

Thank you Russki ;)

anti stun pills are all fine and good untill you get drugflash

Zeninja
29-12-05, 06:10
anti stun pills are all fine and good untill you get drugflash
lol I didn't even have time to finish my edit to add an answer to this, look again.

This is unacceptable argument imho.

eprodigy
29-12-05, 06:17
lone apu's with para might not be the trouble, an apu would be half dead if he had to stand there and cast para, and then you could hit an antishock drug and he wouldnt really be able to cast it again.

but has anyone ever seen a lone apu?

Liebestoter
29-12-05, 06:57
lone apu's with para might not be the trouble, an apu would be half dead if he had to stand there and cast para, and then you could hit an antishock drug and he wouldnt really be able to cast it again.

but has anyone ever seen a lone apu?

They are rare, shy creatures. Sometimes seen in the wild, but upon seeing other runners they tend to flee to the safety of the rest of their pack. Most often found in the company of their blue feathered brethren.

unreal
29-12-05, 07:30
Making HAB a PPU spell would be nice, although that means I would have wasted a load of cash building a 5 slot for my monk to use, but ah well. :p Removing para spells from the game entirely is the best way forward IMO, and instead making the freezer weapons have more of an effect or at least making them useful rather than the pile of garbage they are now.

Zeninja
29-12-05, 08:05
Making HAB a PPU spell would be nice, although that means I would have wasted a load of cash building a 5 slot for my monk to use, but ah well. :p Removing para spells from the game entirely is the best way forward IMO, and instead making the freezer weapons have more of an effect or at least making them useful rather than the pile of garbage they are now.
Just think of people that built some nice Holy Para too, they may be worried the same way about a para removal. Btw, I hope people won't disagree with some points just because they want para to be simply removed... be aware that you'd go out the main topic by throwing yourself into some "no-para" apologie (I think there's enough thread about this out there, thanks :rolleyes:)

About lone apus, this could be my imagination but I noticed a huge decreasing of their presence with the passing of time through FPS and lag issues fixing (I mean, apus killing you before you even saw them in local list were more than "overpowered", this being partially fixed now could explain a lot).

I would be glad to see more lone apus, because of their "ninja-like" fighting style :p

onero S
29-12-05, 09:31
Just think of people that built some nice Holy Para too, they may be worried the same way about a para removal. Btw, I hope people won't disagree with some points just because they want para to be simply removed... be aware that you'd go out the main topic by throwing yourself into some "no-para" apologie (I think there's enough thread about this out there, thanks :rolleyes:)

About lone apus, this could be my imagination but I noticed a huge decreasing of their presence with the passing of time through FPS and lag issues fixing (I mean, apus killing you before you even saw them in local list were more than "overpowered", this being partially fixed now could explain a lot).

I would be glad to see more lone apus, because of their "ninja-like" fighting style :p

I like seeing lone apus too, but its not them I'm worried about, as you said they wouldn't really have time to cast more than 1 para so use a drug and they're prolly dead already. Apu hybrids on the other hand could definitly be around long enouph that giving them para would make them (more?? debatable) overpowered

sultana
29-12-05, 12:23
Just think of people that built some nice Holy Para too, they may be worried the same way about a para removal.
I have a 4 slot Parashock, and I think a 2 slot one aswell. I wouldn't mind seeing them go if it meant I would never have to see it down by my buffs again :p

giga191
29-12-05, 12:41
Am I the only one that always have two anti-stun pills in QB or ? No need to answer me "yeah but flash etc", you only get flash when you take several of them, which means you're probably in an OP or synchwhoring fight, which means... that you would have been paralysed too the way things are atm.

anti drugs are too expensive and if they are needed to balance things then there is a problem with the state of things in the first place

Preach
29-12-05, 12:55
anti drugs are too expensive and if they are needed to balance things then there is a problem with the state of things in the first place

says the drug whore pe

.Cyl0n
29-12-05, 14:25
Umm wont anything really...99% of the people will keep playing their apu / ppu just some new spells...

You dont drop your holy para in an op zone... and when you heal your apu a ppu could antibuff without a problem...

To the nub buffs... you expect someone to cast antibuff and new buffs just to get rid of em? That would make them even more effective...

Zeninja
29-12-05, 18:39
To the nub buffs... you expect someone to cast antibuff and new buffs just to get rid of em? That would make them even more effective...
That's right, though it could be useful in some situations, like going back into UG to rebuff someone who just got noob buffed instead of waiting the time it drops down. Same goes for attackers as long as you can keep defenders inside their UGs enough time to rebuff your mate at the right time. Not applying in safezone of course (unless you make it usable in it), and a little anedoctical I know (not to mention you need teamspeak or a very good coordination to make it work).

About the antistun pills, I know that the recipes (with recycling medical substances) were bugged at the beginning of NC2 (you got a pill that didn't work at all), wether or not they've fixed that I can't agree with the price being a problem anyway...