PDA

View Full Version : Outposts and Neocron 2.2

Tratos
28-12-05, 19:42
Beside the graphical stuff we will put more effort in adjustments of gaming systems like the outpost system, the opponent KI or balancing questions. Of course we will also work on the engine to add more features and increase the performance and stability.

Then KK i suggest you all gather ideas and system suggested by your community and try and adjust the OP War system to something we, the community have been asking for, for a long time.

To quote one of Mr FN's Brainport posts is giving you just a small taste of the great ideas on OPs we have produced.

Yet another post for My Brainport Post Listing (http://www.synergyxr.net/fn-brainport.php).
This one is more thought out than the 'Wandering Thought' one, I swear! :rolleyes:

::Turrets::
Turrets should be a measure of keeping people OUT of the outpost or AWAY from the hack terminal. They should be used by the defense to create strategic advantages by blocking off areas and creating bottlenecks, not used as damaging advantages to fight the fight for them. If turrets are properly set up, they are the early warning a clan should need of an attacking clan's presence.

::Cameras::
Tribes anyone? We need deployable camera sentries! Up to 3 per OP and they can be deployed on any surface. They are controlled through the CityComm. The cheap ones for 1 million credits have a fixed oscillation and move back and forth. The more expensive ones for 2 million credits are user controllable and can move around with your mouse. The most expensive ones for 3 million credits have the same mouse movement, but also have a built-in zoom effect.

::Faction Assistance::
I'd also like to see the involvement of Factions in OPs still:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=105283
I love the idea of hiring a single guard for 2.5 million credits to stand at the UG entrance as a defense padding for the attackers who zone camp the UG. The guard then has hourly upkeep that is deducted from the hourly revenue of owning the OP. He should not chase people through the OP, just defend the UG entrance. People say the defenders will camp the UG to use him as defense - so what? That won't stop the attackers at the Hack Terminal, now will it. And ideally, the attackers won't pummel each zoning player with everything they have while they're still synching for 3-5 seconds or at least be dissuaded to by the FG who should be able to shoot at them. Once a FG is killed, a new one cannot be hired until HACK #4 or a Reset Hack goes down.

- Time between hack attempts should be 60 Seconds with a timer that WORKS properly.

HACK #1: Turret Security Comprimised
- Turret Security disabled.
- GR security still intact.
- Camera Security still intact.
- Faction Guard Security still intact.
Completing the first hack should render turrets inoperative. This would prevent any defending clan from dropping turrets once a hack has gone down as there would be no point to it. Time to fight as a team, call your faction, or whatever needs to be done to instigate effective resistance if you intend to keep the OP, but no matter what, it's PvP now, not PvT.

HACK #2: GR Security Comprimised
- Turret Security still disabled.
- GR security disabled; Clan still has GR advantage.
- Camera Security still intact.
- Faction Guard Security still intact.
- Completing the second hack nullifies all the rules on a GR. Once this hack goes down, anyone not in the defending clan can GR into the GR area, incurring SI. Clan Members of the defending clan can still GR in underground without SI.

HACK #3: Outpost Worm Implanted
- Turret Security still disabled.
- GR security still disabled; Clan loses GR advantage and GRs to GR with SI.
- Camera Security gets a small drug haze overlay.
- Any Faction Guards are killed.
- With the third hack completed, a Worm has been implanted in the system and initiated in the the OP/Hacknet network. What this Worm does is it enables the OP ownership to be transferred to a new clan in within 10 minutes from inside Hacknet somehow. Part of the Worms initiation terminates a vital signal between the OP Hack Terminal and the Faction Guard(s) present. They have failed in OP protection and an implant in their head recognizes this and kills them.

HACK #4: Ownership Granted
- Turret Security re-enabled for new owner.
- GR security re-enabled for new owner.
- Camera Security reset.
- Faction Guard Security can be repurchased.
- The completion of the Worm program implanted on the outside world at the Hack Terminal is executed and completes when a hacker, who can be any one of the first three or a new one from the clan. The clan of hacker who completes this hack, sets the ownership of the OP to his clan. The current Camera Security expects a specific signal from the CityComm from the old owners. When the OP changes clan owners, the new signal being sent to those old cameras is rejected by their circuitry, causing them to short out and be destroyed. New ones with the correctly programmed signal must be placed by the new clan.

Reset Hack: Defender Restoration
- At anytime, a single hack from the defending clan can reset ALL the hacks, as long as the Worm hasn't been successfully executed from with Hacknet, thus re-enabling turrets, GR, and camera security for the defending clan, and removing the implanted Worm.

::System Circuit Reconfiguration & Conduit Cooling::
After Hack #4 from the offending clan or a Reset Hack from the defending clan, there is a fixed 30-Minutes of "System Circuit Reconfiguration & Conduit Cooling" in which the OP cannot change hands for at least an hour.

Rate/Comment/Rant/Flame/Etc

Hope you dont mind the quote of an old Idea FN:p

Darken
28-12-05, 19:56
brilliant!
THo i think implementing camera screens into the citycom wont work somehow....
crappy citycom....

unreal
28-12-05, 20:25
Yeah. I can't say I like the idea of having camera turrets at OPs, that should be the job of stealthing spies/droners with scout/kamikazee drones.

Having some sort of cameras around the city/outzone sectors would be nice though. Like being able to check whether sectors like pepper park 3 are currently hostile before going near them. But then again, it would be rather lazy.. and it doesn't take too long to get there and check for yourself; there's many uncamped genreps dotted around the place to genrep into.

xyl_az
28-12-05, 22:26
rebuilding of outposts, basically. as it stands now, their architecture is only a show-off, completely useless.

Outposts need real gates (impassable when closed) and walls (breachable), multi-lvl structures (for defenders) and secret passages (via hacknett as well), and probably more: turrets, artillery, vehicles (eg siege vhcs) and traps (maybe some other fortification like second line of walls which can create middle area for traps and other strategic manouvers).

lots of ideas

Torg
29-12-05, 12:15
financial outposts need to consume money but produce it, so owning a lot of outposts would require a lot of "work" and making money through other means. alternative: requires special "fuel", to be made by constructors. in any case: unpaid rent will make the OP turn neutral.

Brammers
29-12-05, 13:54
The 4th layer hack needs a rethink.

Generally it's ok, except for one thing.

4th layer hackers should not be able to log off next to the switch in Hacknet. The best solution should be the switch moves around randomly, or anyone logging off in there gets moved to a random location in the hacknet zone.

Agent L
29-12-05, 15:17
The 4th layer hack needs a rethink.

Generally it's ok, except for one thing.

4th layer hackers should not be able to log off next to the switch in Hacknet. The best solution should be the switch moves around randomly, or anyone logging off in there gets moved to a random location in the hacknet zone.

I think they're should be kicked from the op hacknet zone or even moved to certain spawnpoint to make logging out extremaly stupid and dangerous. To have the enemies really INCOMING not just appearing behind your back.
IMO defenders should be able to stop enemies in hacknet crossroads or even in travels.

Kame
29-12-05, 15:48
Hacknet does have a problem.

The fact u can prepare and relog just kills it all.

And when u come from HN u zone right next to the console, and the 'portal' room doesnt allow for a lot of pvp, and fair defense. I find that the HN map design gives a lot of advantage to a runner coming from HN travels.

Why would hacknet be 4th layer ??

It could very well be the 1st layer, then going from HN travel would make sense. This idea could actually work with v little changes i think. Its also very explainable, RP wise.

1st layer is HN, to disable OPs main security, then u have to manualy reconfigure the OPs console.

Then the hacknet console, could be like a hack pannel, so once inside HN u still have to hack, but that would mainly be to force ppl to actually fight in HN and not just run for the console, and would give the defender a quite fair advantage, especially considering the UG.

I mean lets face it : A lot of ppl crash/longsync/blacksync coming from the UG.

I found out trough my experience in OP wars that it is funnier to fight for the entrance of the OP, rather then at the UG. For both attackers/defenders.

I think ATM, its v easy to take an OP. Someone could even take an OP with ONE SINGLE ACCOUNT !!!

The attackers have a lot of unfair little advantages.

The hard part should be taking the OP, not defending it.