PDA

View Full Version : Just a few thoughts

Safunte
28-12-05, 17:37
I don't intend to flame here, just to spread my opinion.

WoC
WoC is being rediculous... The option of getting WoC levels has been around for a while now and there are 2 pistols, 1 melee weapon, and 1 rifle that can use it. What about heavy combat? apu? ppu? tradeskillers? Why do we have 5 levels of it available? Along with adding a considerable amount of WoC items, you might wanna make WoC disks slightly easier to obtain, but not rediculously easy. Here are some things I suggest implementing to even out the WoC items for classes.

H-C: seeing as everything so far has been low tech, then the best candidate for H-C would be a WoC grenade launcher. A good candidate for WoC2 would be a Gatlin cannon.

APU: HAB as WoC 1 would make alot of sense, then people would also be able to get this item with decent stats through whatever mission you implement for it, and not every Apu and his dog could have a quick antibuff. Holy Pest is also an option for this as its a specialty item used in large scale battles, it would make it more of a unique thing.

PPU: two things that people wouldn't mind having again. Anti-poison sanctum, and Holy catharsis sanct. So here you go, WoC1: Anti-poison sanctum, WoC2: Holy catharsis sanctum

Tradeskillers: Seeing as there are 5 WoC levels, add a piece of armor (5 armor spots) for each level that 1.)adds to the tradeskill and 2.)reduces processor time by percentage (about 5% if you're able to get 5 of them). Don't make the mission for this one require too much killing, that'd be lame.

CON: Constitution is also a level capable of getting WoC with. This would be an extermely hard level to obtain, reward people brave enough to get this with a heart and headbone.

Droners: Mosquito, fix it, and make it WoC.

Regants
Regants, although much appreciated, does not fit the story line. This is supposedly a mutant stronghold, not a place where a bunch of CM were killed and all became mutants there. Story line flaw.

Reloads
People are always complaining about balance issues. I think everyone can agree that the classes were somewhat balanced. This is until you "fixed" the reloads. I know it makes more sense that a person has to fully complete a reload for ammo to be in the gun, but its rediculous to implement that in this game for the sake of gameplay.

Sl system
Make SL loss for killing enemies lesser in dungeon areas. How many of these are in the cities or other "teritorial" areas? My opinion is you should be rewarded for killing your enemies no matter where you are, but i guess its not about to happen, so just lessen the SL loss, and make it so you dont lose symp with your faction for killing an enemy, thats just ignorant.
Also, since you have to go much lower than -16 to become red now, why dont you make it much lower than -16 that copbots and other gaurds attack you. (i'm not really sure if you haven't already... i've been a good boy)

Drones
They lag in their position on screen, and kamikaze drones move really fast. This means while it looks like its on the other side of teh sector you die in one hit. Reduce the Revenge drones damage so that the average character can survive 1 hit, even if its barely.
Droners complain about not having a PA, I think thats rediculous, why should a meatsack have resists? Add in a simulation helmet or something that enhances droning and make them slightly harder to cap (aka almost need this to have a decent setup, but not needed to cap)

Op wars
I doubt anyone has read this far, but here goes. Why does the defending team always have the disadvantage? The fact that the attacking team occupies the outpost and then knows exactly where their enemies are going to be comming from (UG) and are able to barel/aoe that spot is rediculous. This makes the concept of keeping an outpost a matter of regaining it every few hours instead of actually stopping attacks. Henceforth leading to ninja'ing.

John Wu
28-12-05, 17:43
WoC:

dont make the rewards things that are important for PvP.

if you take the xbow for example, it does about 30% more damage than a judge, but you can use the same setup resist wise. so if I want to beat an xbow PE as a judge PE, I have to at least be 30% better than him, skill wise. that sucks.

I'm playing neocron because it heavily depends on skill, not because the one who's got the best items / the most time to level his character (and leveling a PE to WoC is insane) wins every fight.

Cyphor
28-12-05, 17:46
All seem like great ideas to me, hopefully kk take some notice.

As for the op wars section; im sure there was an idea a long time ago to have the 3 hack layers spread out. Eg you hack one layer to open a gate to the op, another layer to open the hack room, and the last layer to hack the term inside the hackroom.
A warning is given when each hack layer is commencing and complete.
Thus if the defenders can respond as before hack one goes down they can fight from a defensive position inside the op.

Preach
28-12-05, 17:59
Outposts need a defensive perimeter that needs to be hacked twice in order to bring down the gates giving the attacking team access to the outpost. There should be no other way to access the central outpost without bringing down the gates. I.e, anti air turrets like we already have as just graphical implements on some ops that would bring down aircraft and turrets boosted while the op is at full defense. With each hack that drops, the effectiveness of the defenses is diminshed, and once the gates are lowered the turrets are at 50% of what they started at.

For outpost to still be open to friendlies the gates should only seal when an enemy approaches them and will not open with an enemy close by.

the third hack and fourth hack need to be at 2 different loctions within two buildings of the op and must be brought down within a 1 minute time of the first of the two layers dropping which allows access to all in the UG. i.e, you hack 3rd and fourth must be dropped exactly one minute following 'access granted'

The final hack should be a hack term inside the ug itself/or via Hacknet as you're effectively hacking past the outposts physical defenses.

Each Op should have two Ug entrances and at least two manable turrets (manable by anyone) with a revelar style cannon

Tratos
28-12-05, 18:05
There isnt a WoC dude for CON (Last time i looked), you can only gain the WoC status for DEX, INT, PSI and STR.

The slow intergration of WoC is cool as its new content drawn out (fair enough there should be the full set added then more new content but KK aint Blizz) but i can see why its an issue as its creates a slight imbalance.

The rest i think is cool.

Torq
28-12-05, 18:13
PPU: two things that people wouldn't mind having again. Anti-poison sanctum, and Holy catharsis sanct. So here you go, WoC1: Anti-poison sanctum, WoC2: Holy catharsis sanctum

I would mind, if PPUs got that shit back. It's just absolutely unfair, I'd says that's the reason it got removed.

Safunte
28-12-05, 18:14
I would mind, if PPUs got that shit back. It's just absolutely unfair, I'd says that's the reason it got removed.

Unfair? perhaps you're forgetting the effects of a sanctum.

sultana
28-12-05, 18:37
Argh, what a waste of levelling. Noone needs either one of those sanctums.

Anti-Poison was removed because it made levelling in the swamp (or other DoT poison) caves too easy, that is, you could level your 0/2 there. Holy Cath for the same reason, although I also figure they removed it in hopes of making is alot harder to raid opposing cities.

Sl system
Make SL loss for killing enemies lesser in dungeon areas.
They are levelling areas, not places to gank anyone and everyone. If you want to kill people while they are levelling, then you'll have to take the consequences with it.

Op wars
I doubt anyone has read this far, but here goes. Why does the defending team always have the disadvantage? The fact that the attacking team occupies the outpost and then knows exactly where their enemies are going to be comming from (UG) and are able to barel/aoe that spot is rediculous. This makes the concept of keeping an outpost a matter of regaining it every few hours instead of actually stopping attacks. Henceforth leading to ninja'ing.
Goes both ways, the defending team has the advantage of zoning into the UG whenever they like.

The whole OP War scene needs a compelete rework so that you remove, or lessen, the advantages that each team gets. Of course the defending team should always have advantage over the attacking one. But a safezone which only they can use is not the right one.

Err, Preachs' idea.

Preach
28-12-05, 18:40
Dont agree with me Sultana, or i will strap a PA to your ass so fast your nipples will spin

Safunte
28-12-05, 18:41
Argh, what a waste of levelling. Noone needs either one of those sanctums.

Anti-Poison was removed because it made levelling in the swamp caves too easy, that is, you could your 0/2 there.

Easy fix, don't level your ppu to that if you dont want it.
or if you want to be really picky, which i'm sure is your choice, they could always make the sanctum take a longer time before it removes stacks.

They are levelling areas, not places to gank anyone and everyone. If you want to kill people while they are levelling, then you'll have to take the consequences with it.

Perhaps you should have read the rest of that section, where i said "How many of these [dungeons] are in the cities..." meaning, a anticity could walk into neocron and when hurt badly he could zone into a sewer. This would leave the procity with 2 choices, following him in and killing him dealing with the SL loss, or waiting for him to come out and probably zone back down again.

sultana
28-12-05, 18:55
Dont agree with me Sultana, or i will strap a PA to your ass so fast your nipples will spin
Yes.

Perhaps you should have read the rest of that section, where i said "How many of these [dungeons] are in the cities..." meaning, a anticity could walk into neocron and when hurt badly he could zone into a sewer. This would leave the procity with 2 choices, following him in and killing him dealing with the SL loss, or waiting for him to come out and probably zone back down again.
Well then you can change it just for cities.

Or just place some Stormbots inside the entrance to the Dungeons.

unreal
28-12-05, 19:31
Op wars
I doubt anyone has read this far, but here goes. Why does the defending team always have the disadvantage? The fact that the attacking team occupies the outpost and then knows exactly where their enemies are going to be comming from (UG) and are able to barel/aoe that spot is rediculous. This makes the concept of keeping an outpost a matter of regaining it every few hours instead of actually stopping attacks. Henceforth leading to ninja'ing.It works both ways, and depends on how lame the attacking clan is, or how badly they want the OP. When attacking an OP and the owners of the OP have more online, they can simply teleport to the OP with no SI and be ready to fight... in R2Gay or FF's case... a million ppus and apus will genrep in and quickly come out and zerg. When they die they can simply genrep back to the OP and get poked, whereas the attackers will usually have to travel back to the OP from elsewhere since the OP should be closed.

The whole SL/symp loss issue overall should be changed, losing 50 sympathy for killing a neg SL ally is pathetic, and even more pathetic considering how much SL is lost and how easy it is to get back.

giga191
28-12-05, 19:38
OP: you could always run to another outpost if you dont want to come from the UG

SL: yes it is really fucking annoying that people make 0/2 noobs to make you lose SL. And you can say that you shouldn't aoe etc etc but CS for example can still hit stuff that you haven't targetted directly

Safunte
28-12-05, 23:26
OP: you could always run to another outpost if you dont want to come from the UG

SL: yes it is really fucking annoying that people make 0/2 noobs to make you lose SL. And you can say that you shouldn't aoe etc etc but CS for example can still hit stuff that you haven't targetted directly

The logic behind the new SL system is terrible

Finl
29-12-05, 00:10
i dont want to agree with sultan with everything, but i like to get my niples to spinn. preaaaach.......

Heavyporker
29-12-05, 00:19
I'm sure there's a CON WoC - for Gentanks, specifically.

solling
29-12-05, 19:33
APU: HAB as WoC 1

that is a GREAT idea BUT, without antibuffs how do one kill ppus ?

Finl
29-12-05, 22:36
with antishelder!, never use holy antibuff with thantos (got artifact still) ,just my 5 slottah ubah holy antishelder! :)

Spermy
30-12-05, 00:00
I'm sure there's a CON WoC - for Gentanks, specifically.

Implant - Patience +5

Heavyporker
30-12-05, 07:55
Yeah, there are specific antibuffs, as well as the non-holy Crahn Antibuff.

I'm just saying that there are other options.

And, yes, yes, I get the "implant : patience +5" point.

solling
30-12-05, 12:01
with antishelder!, never use holy antibuff with thantos (got artifact still) ,just my 5 slottah ubah holy antishelder!

that would actually work fine finally a use for anti heal/shelter/and def

BUT do we really want something that makes ppu hardert to kill ? (and it does)

rob444
30-12-05, 12:39
Droners complain about not having a PA, I think thats rediculous, why should a meatsack have resists?

Main reason we want a drone pa is because we want the +dex and hopefully +rc, not because of the resists. I guess we could use a rifle or pistol pa to get the dex out of it but there should be an armor which gives more remote control.

cRazy-
30-12-05, 20:10
Id say keep the WoC levels as hard to get as they are now, for once this game has variation with the capped characters.

Plus for once its not one of those things you 'know' you will eventually get just through playing, its a real effort and takes ages, so the reward (in this case an xbow) is perfect.

Safunte
30-12-05, 21:54
Main reason we want a drone pa is because we want the +dex and hopefully +rc, not because of the resists. I guess we could use a rifle or pistol pa to get the dex out of it but there should be an armor which gives more remote control.

Read whole posts please. I suggested a helmet, because it makes more sense for a droner than a PA because it could be a virtual simulator helmet or something of the sort. A power "armor" doesn't seem to make very much sense for a droner.

Paper Dragon
30-12-05, 22:00
Read whole posts please. I suggested a helmet, because it makes more sense for a droner than a PA because it could be a virtual simulator helmet or something of the sort. A power "armor" doesn't seem to make very much sense for a droner.

Actually, it can make a whole lot of sense.

A full body/neural uplink suit that completely integrates someone into the Drone itself, utterly shutting them from the outside world so they're immersed within the "brain" of the Drone. Being a full body suit it allows the Droners "inactive" body to remain comfortable, and affords a certain degree of protection.

BlackDove
30-12-05, 22:09
WoC = Remove the idea completely due to the fact it's been bad from the begining and make exp-player rewards in terms of extra items that are there just as a status symbol, such as done in AO with Veteran Points, being able to buy specific shit in stores for those points, like extra clothes, signs, etc.

Safunte
31-12-05, 09:23
whats wrong with a status symbol?

sultana
31-12-05, 09:42
whats wrong with a status symbol?
That's what BlackDove is saying, WoC should be a status symbol, not just a new set of more powerful/better weapons.

rob444
31-12-05, 14:43

A full body/neural uplink suit that completely integrates someone into the Drone itself, utterly shutting them from the outside world so they're immersed within the "brain" of the Drone. Being a full body suit it allows the Droners "inactive" body to remain comfortable, and affords a certain degree of protection.

Amen to that. :cool:

Bugs Gunny
31-12-05, 15:04
The xbow does 5% more dammage than an exec and to get close to capping it you need to spec close to an exec pe.
The genotoxic pistol takes more than a a slasher setup to cap and does shit dammage compared to the slasher.

giga191
31-12-05, 15:43
i'm pretty sure that if people just specced all their resists to the same amount that xbow wouldn't seem as good as some people think

Spermy
31-12-05, 15:46

More for character than functionality in other words?

Thumbs up.

i'm pretty sure that if people just specced all their resists to the same amount that xbow wouldn't seem as good as some people think

It's cookie cutter setups that make people think in ways like that giga, unfortunately a lot of people don't seem to realise thiers are wrong. :p

Spec right and the X-Bow is just another weapon.