PDA

View Full Version : Theme weeks

giga191
28-12-05, 14:40
Are they gonna start again now that KK have launcher 2.1?

My wishlist for theme weeks:
PPU balancing
Vehicles
WoC

Bugs Gunny
28-12-05, 15:02
Yep, that's a good list.

Tratos
28-12-05, 15:26

PPU balancing
Vehicles
WoC

Doubt it, i think we will never see Theme weeks again now KK has once again changed pace and direction with the Evolution development style :(

Although the Evolution style works and it delivers i would like to see Theme weeks untill then with some of the team cranking out 2.2 stuff while the rest focus on bug fixes in each area of the game.

sultana
28-12-05, 17:00
Non-Reload Classes balancing aswell, seeing as they still haven't really "fixed" that issue.

nobby
28-12-05, 19:24
Why did they have to move to NC2.1 and rid of our theme weeks?

The 1st theme week was quite good!

It's not like 2.1 was truly spectacular...

Yay we got our Zoo!

After waiting god knows how long...A year and a half?

giga191
28-12-05, 20:43
to be fair, NC2.1 has made my FPS better (not that it was bad before), but i think that theme weeks give KK a clear goal to concentrate on. For example, I haven't got the slightest clue what is going in the next patch and unless that's just because of poor communication, I think KK need to prioritise things

Demental
28-12-05, 21:28
My main problem with reakktor is how they say all this great stuff is gonna happen and then it flops. They deliver stuff they don't really hype up and then never add in the stuff they advertise. Also I wish they would actually release a nice sized patch at least once every two weeks instead of every couple of months. or at the VERY least give us a bit of insight on what is actually being done to the game besides the 'plan files' which are a load of crap. You can't believe anything those plan files say cause half the time the changes never happen. Theme week was nice.. how long did it actually run? I can't remember. Would be nice to see them actually working on set groups of fixes/bugs/balances each week. Would massively improve there standing with me at least :p

[PiN]Fluffy
28-12-05, 21:31

PPU balancing
Vehicles
WoC

A PPU balancing theme week??? Im just curious how you plan to Nerf PPu's??? Not that i love ppus becuase I am rarely on mine. But they make op fights Long and great. I dont see why people hate them so much. Sure when you are trying to pk it can get anooying if the other side ALWAYS has a ppu. But hey Then just like they are prepared you should also be prepared with Anti shock and anti DB drugs. Although KK you DESPERATELY need to fix the drugflash you get from anti DB and anti Shock Drugs. It is outrageous after 3 drugs you cant see wats happening.

pabz
28-12-05, 22:10
Fluffy']A PPU balancing theme week??? Im just curious how you plan to Nerf PPu's??? Not that i love ppus becuase I am rarely on mine. But they make op fights Long and great. I dont see why people hate them so much. Sure when you are trying to pk it can get anooying if the other side ALWAYS has a ppu. But hey Then just like they are prepared you should also be prepared with Anti shock and anti DB drugs. Although KK you DESPERATELY need to fix the drugflash you get from anti DB and anti Shock Drugs. It is outrageous after 3 drugs you cant see wats happening.

- decrease the price of anti db / shock drugs
- remove drugflash from "anti" drugs
- maybe even make "anti" drugs recyclable

xyl_az
28-12-05, 22:13
Fluffy']A PPU balancing theme week??? Im just curious how you plan to Nerf PPu's??? Not that i love ppus becuase I am rarely on mine. But they make op fights Long and great. (...)

no, they make op fights (any kinds of fight actually) long, boring and pointless...

(just a matter of perspective)

giga191
28-12-05, 22:29
Fluffy']A PPU balancing theme week??? Im just curious how you plan to Nerf PPu's??? Not that i love ppus becuase I am rarely on mine. But they make op fights Long and great. I dont see why people hate them so much. Sure when you are trying to pk it can get anooying if the other side ALWAYS has a ppu In terms of OP waring, to out dmg the PPUs effect you need to be an APU or if you want to be a tank (not that they are useful) then you need to have a cookie cutter setup. As for PEs or spies they are pretty much useless. As for nerfing, you have a pretty big choice of things you could do about them: the primes, the SD, the heal and the rezz. Take your pick.

Since we do actually pay a subscription for this game I think KK should give people want they want instead of making us have to play with second rate gameplay because they won't admit/are too lazy to deal with a serious problem that many people have quit over and have clearly expressed their views on

sultana
29-12-05, 12:29
Fluffy']A PPU balancing theme week??? Im just curious how you plan to Nerf PPu's???
Reduce foreing cast Holy Heal by 50% (so that it will be weaker then a blessed heal, maybe something along the lines of a blessed hybrid heal, maybe weaker).
Remove Parashock entirely, though maybe the melee ones may need to kept ingame, netcode and whatever.
Give Apus reticles on their direct damage weapons (Hl/FA/Psi Attack 2/Toxic Beam/etc.) so that they're in line with the other ranged weapon classes.

Then do something about reload.

Not all "ppu" balancing ideas, but eh. :rolleyes:

[PiN]Fluffy
29-12-05, 19:37
I like the monk Retcule idea.... I actually Find retcules ALOT easier to aim then the current way. Dont ask my Why Im just Weird :rolleyes:

giga191
01-01-06, 16:10
Fluffy']I like the monk Retcule idea.... I actually Find retcules ALOT easier to aim then the current way. Dont ask my Why Im just Weird :rolleyes: maybe it's because the reticle on appears on weapons when your aiming at people so it gives you an exact indication of when to pull the trigger

Zeninja
01-01-06, 16:19
Fluffy']I like the monk Retcule idea.... I actually Find retcules ALOT easier to aim then the current way. Dont ask my Why Im just Weird :rolleyes:
So I am too. Though it's probably totally psychological (I mean aiming better with a reticle, not being weird :o). I feel the same with melee weapons.

Ever played a FPS since you're playing NC ? KK's reticle taught me how to aim better.

onero S
01-01-06, 18:05
Fluffy']I like the monk Retcule idea.... I actually Find retcules ALOT easier to aim then the current way. Dont ask my Why Im just Weird :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind a retucle on monks, as long as they are based off psu

kurai
01-01-06, 18:40
Reminds me of something I said back in June '03 ;)

. (http://www.hrmmm.co.uk/nc/monk.html)

:angel:

Eddie
01-01-06, 19:11
Reminds me of something I said back in June '03 ;)

Oh my god hahahah I fell for that one!

Eddie