PDA

View Full Version : Crash+Restart Problem with Neocron 2.1

Azrael104
27-12-05, 19:13
Right, I have posted this before 4+ Months ago or so, but havent had so much luck so far. And since Support has ignored me, ill try again in the hopes that someone might have the solution.

I have 2 PCs running on a router, one 2.2 Ghz AMD Athlon and one 3.7 AMD Athlon.
The 2.2 has run all installations of Neocron (NC1/NC2/NC2.1) without much problems. The 3.7 though, crashes+restarts every single time i run Neocron 2/2.1, and quite frankly, its starting to bug me a lot. Everytime i play it will crash+restart, and always when its important, such as OP fights, or PKing in Pepper Park 3 :D.
Basically, always when theres a lot going onscreen. When im hunting wabbits or Fire Monsters(i.e. Nothing much happening) it runs fine for a while.

I have tried all i could think of, ive updated:
Direct X
Graphics Card drivers
Mainboard Bios + Drivers
Sound Card Drivers
Ive done a RAM test with a proggy called MEMTEST, that came up with no errors.
Ive ReInstalled Neocron with no Joy, and it isnt a heat issue, since i have a few temp. gauges installed, and none ever go above 35°C.
This problem only appears when playing Neocron, if i play Quake 4 /Doom 3 / WoW / FEAR, you name it, it never crashes.

As of now, im out of ideas, and i dont want to play NC on my old system (Teeny Monitor :/).
Heres a few system specs:
New System: (Crashes on this one)
3.7 Ghz AMD Athlon XP
200 GB Harddrive @ 7200 RPM
Radeon X850XT 256MB
Creative Audigy 2 Sound Card
nforce 4 Motherboard
2Gig DDR Ram

Old System (Runs fine)
2.2 Ghz AMD Athlon
120 GB Harddrive
Radeon X800 Pro
No Sound card, uses Onboard sound
nforce 2 Motherboard
1Gig Ram

Hope someone has the answer.

Oh almost forgot, Ive changed something in the control panel to stop it from restarting everytime a error/crash happens, and now when i crash, it doesnt restart, BUT a get the classic bluescreen WITHOUT any writing/error message, and strange highpitched beeping sounds from my speakers/headphones.

john irons
27-12-05, 19:23
it's working as intended i think:confused:

Azrael104
27-12-05, 19:50
No, most definately not working as intended.

LuCiD
27-12-05, 20:17
You have a 3.7ghz athlon?

*mind boggles*

provided that actually is what you say it is....that might be why...

Finl
27-12-05, 20:56
pull out the Creative Audigy 2 Sound Card from your computer. had the same problem, k? - thanks :)

Azrael104
27-12-05, 21:16
You have a 3.7ghz athlon?

*mind boggles*

provided that actually is what you say it is....that might be why...

Bah, forgot to mention that althought it says 3.7ghz, it actually runs at 2.4 ghz, I havent clocked it....yet :P

As for the "remove sound card" comment, ill give that a try.

LuCiD
27-12-05, 21:18
Its always something weird, my fried put a x800 xt in his computer and hl2 started bluescreening every time he tried to play it. When we uninstalled the printer drivers it worked fine.

don't ask me

Nidhogg
27-12-05, 22:57
You said support "ignored" you. Did they actually ignore you or were they just unable to help? Did you get a ticket number?

yavimaya
27-12-05, 23:05
LOL, Much like Lucid said, always weird.
Dont ask me why my power supply blew up, stuck a temp 300W in, and it would run my PC (farcry and all), launch NC and within 2-3 min of doing anything ingame, ands bam off goes my PC.

Long shot, but try another, preferably more powerful power supply.

Finl
27-12-05, 23:17
how its going with this?, im pretty sure that my help solved your problem. :)

Azrael104
28-12-05, 01:25
You said support "ignored" you. Did they actually ignore you or were they just unable to help? Did you get a ticket number?

Got a ticket number, but ive been waiting bout a week now without any response.
Number is 2005122211008721

But taking out the sound card fixed it for now, so might as well delete that ticket

Azrael104
28-12-05, 01:28
how its going with this?, im pretty sure that my help solved your problem. :)

Worked a treat up to now, cheers man.
Say, you got a different sound card in now? Or you using onboard sound?

Finl
28-12-05, 01:40
in working on the problem still so im using the onboard thing, ill let you know how i solv this.

rob444
28-12-05, 02:04
Instead of pulling out the audigy 2 card, have you tried going into Control panel>Sounds and Multimedia>Audio tab>Advanced under Sound playback>Performance and tried the different settings on the hardware acceleration?

Also, if nc2 wont work with audigy 2, will it not work with creative's latest soundcard (thinking of getting one of those really nice cards)?

Finl
28-12-05, 02:57
^ rob, do you i really didnt try?, i tested every driver, tweak, setting what you can change - no use. only way was pull out the card.

LuCiD
28-12-05, 04:27
Feel free to send it my way.

/Found a 10 year old soundcard under my desk
//Sounds better than the onboard

Finl
28-12-05, 12:02
i got audigy 2 laying on the table...i have been there like 2 months allready. no use it for becouse didnt get it to work with nc. KK sould look for this. becouse if
audigy cards got this problem - there will be other cards too i assume.

Azrael104
28-12-05, 12:58
Well it seems to have fixed it, but now in some games the sound is kinda muffled...or hollow, not meaty enough, dunno how to put it.

jini
28-12-05, 12:58
I was having THE EXACT same problems, azrael had. the exact same stuff.
At first I also was thinking the audigy was the prob, so I removed it. My older pc still has this card installed however (it was where i took it from). My old pc run fine NC1 and NC2, prior evo2.1.

After evo 2.1 I have returned to using dx7 instead of dx9 and it now crashes a whole lot less, but speed increase is ridiculous.

I wonder what support can do for this, so I haven't even bothered to write them.

Azrael104
28-12-05, 17:25
i got audigy 2 laying on the table...i have been there like 2 months allready. no use it for becouse didnt get it to work with nc. KK sould look for this. becouse if
audigy cards got this problem - there will be other cards too i assume.

Have you got it to work with any other soundcard?

EDIT: Better question is, which sound cards work 100% with Neocron? This question is directed at everybody.

LuCiD
28-12-05, 20:36
My AC'97 onboard sound and SoundBlaster Live! works...all three variants of it that are in my possession....have no clue which they are since they never bother labeling them.

Finl
28-12-05, 21:20
using AC'97 atm.