PDA

View Full Version : My question to KK

giga191
27-12-05, 17:34
(http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=123392)http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=123392

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=123027
^
Could you please tell me when this stopped being a problem?

Is anyone gonna take over the work callash started?

BlackDove
27-12-05, 19:15
Any change that would nerf the PPU would be welcome today.

Any.

-FN-
27-12-05, 19:45
Any change that would nerf the PPU's effect on other players would be welcome today.

I hope ^ that ^ is what you mean ;)

BlackDove
28-12-05, 00:41
Of course.

But nerfing them as a whole accomplishes that + nerfing of their ridiculous god mode that they have now.

rob444
28-12-05, 02:06
Anyone but me that is tired of all this PPU whining? o_O

eprodigy
28-12-05, 02:32
it would be whining except.. its the only topic worth discussing on these forums. until it is fixed, neocron isnt worth playing.

and yes. KK brought it up and admitted the problem, even made people think they might consider fixing it; but then it's disapeared once again.

they invent an issue with reloading and then throw in the ridiculous nerfs, without even thinking or testing; it seems, but PPU fixes need to be thought over and considered for years?

mehirc
28-12-05, 02:36
Good question.

Fero
28-12-05, 03:51
Interesting thing is how people love having PPUs in their teams while leveling and op fighting ... and how they seem to whine when they get paraed/and dbed themselves.
Any class can own other classes without ppu from any distance.What kind of moron you are if you want to take same spy/pe/tank/apu with medics help ?
get a grip individuals :D
Till the time whole "high level" contents is changed, we will NEED ppus love anytime of a day. Good example would be Ceres labs or mc5. Even droners that do not exploit. i dont think anyone can argue that.
Till that time .... merry your PPu and have lotsa babies , you need some quality time while gringing to get WoC. :lol:

rawr

pabz
28-12-05, 12:41
Interesting thing is how people love having PPUs in their teams while leveling and op fighting ... and how they seem to whine when they get paraed/and dbed themselves.
Any class can own other classes without ppu from any distance.What kind of moron you are if you want to take same spy/pe/tank/apu with medics help ?
Till the time whole "high level" contents is changed, we will NEED ppus love anytime of a day. Good example would be Ceres labs or mc5. Even droners that do not exploit. i dont think anyone can argue that.
Till that time .... merry your PPu and have lotsa babies , you need some quality time while gringing to get WoC. :lol:

rawr

/lol good point

Koshinn
28-12-05, 13:03
Yeah we can argue with that. The whole reason MC5 and Ceres lab is so hard is because of PPUs. They were made harder because of how powerful PPUs were in a group. Before that potential was realized, MC5 was much much easier. When more PPU teams started showing up and totally destroying the place without much problem, they made MC5 harder.

giga191
28-12-05, 13:07
there really aren't that many mobs that would needs nerfing tbh

John Wu
28-12-05, 13:12
Anyone but me that is tired of all this PPU whining? o_O
here, here!

about time that KK addresses the ppu problem. I'm really tired of it.

Skusty
28-12-05, 13:44
Leave the monks as they are, if i se a Apu + ppu team i just zone to safezone, they got to get boored sometime.

giga191
28-12-05, 14:03
Leave the monks as they are, if i se a Apu + ppu team i just zone to safezone, they got to get boored sometime. i'm guessing you don't OP war that much...

Skusty
28-12-05, 17:10
i'm guessing you don't OP war that much...
I did but my clan got inactive so im usually roaming doy, mb etc...

sultana
28-12-05, 17:11
Alot of people are bored with the ppu/apu fighting aswell. Giga is part of one the most active clans on the server for example. Just because someone thinks ppus are unbalanced doesn't mean their a PE would got paraed and mauled by 20 people.

What?

I would like the game to balanced however, and not completely reliant on one class.

Is not a valid argument for keeping ppus the way they are. Mobs were boosted because of ppus, not the other way around.

Torg
28-12-05, 17:23
you may have heard this before:

the problem isnt the PPU. the problem is: the PPU un-balances other classes. the class gaining most from a PPU is the APU, and thats why the elves are ruling Neocron atm. solutions may be:

...make the PPU either vulnerable or far less supportive (by introducing 2 types of cloaks)
...remove holy PPU spells
...make heals and buffs relative to skills: more con - more heal effect.

in any case: the APU needs to lose defense bonuses, while the tank needs to gain some. and the PPU needs to have an Achilles' heel, beyond the APU's antibuffs. and para needs to be open-to-all, not just for PPUs.

John Wu
28-12-05, 17:33
no, para needs to be removed. period.

Cyphor
28-12-05, 17:34
How about bring back exotic psi! split ppu spells up so that sheilds are exotic and heal is ppu, thus it would make it imposs for a ppu to have holy shields and holy heal, he has to chose to be either a healer or a buffer or go blessed hybrid, if blessed his buffs aren't that strong on others but may be a good compromise. In PvE you would just need two ppus that work well together for high lvl stuff; and in PvP it would make them eisier to take out/less invincible and would promote more skill to keep a team alive.

Just my 2 cents for an idea, more to the point of the thread though any fix is a good fix, whether the enviroment needs a re-think or not.

Torg
28-12-05, 17:59
no, para needs to be removed. period.
we could agree on that. but for compensating the overall loss of para we should bring in mining tools as a new trader tool class.

How about bring back exotic psi! split ppu spells up so that sheilds are exotic and heal is ppu, thus it would make it imposs for a ppu to have holy shields and holy heal, he has to chose to be either a healer or a buffer or go blessed hybrid, if blessed his buffs aren't that strong on others but may be a good compromise. In PvE you would just need two ppus that work well together for high lvl stuff; and in PvP it would make them eisier to take out/less invincible and would promote more skill to keep a team alive.
your own words: "you would just need two ppus..." this would in fact double the elf population in NC... do we really want that?

sultana
28-12-05, 18:09
in any case: the APU needs to lose defense bonuses, while the tank needs to gain some. and the PPU needs to have an Achilles' heel, beyond the APU's antibuffs. and para needs to be open-to-all, not just for PPUs.
We don't need tanks to get any stonger with a ppu behind them. Though apus do need to recieve some defensive nerf. Armour or whatever.

Torg
28-12-05, 18:20
We don't need tanks to get any stonger with a ppu behind them. Though apus do need to recieve some defensive nerf. Armour or whatever.
could we agree on this:
tanks will keep full PPU support. compared to what we have now: 100 %
PEs will have 66%
Spies and monks will have 33%
this all applies to foreign cast. OK?

sultana
28-12-05, 18:28
could we agree on this:
PEs will have 66%

Hmm, I'm not too sure how it would effect Neocron. Tanks would probably take the place of the apu at the frontline. While most PEs probably won't be able to do enough damage to take them on. The only ones that could would be the druggy slasher/hl ones. And APUs would still be there, nothing can replace the antibuff.

What I don't like, is that ppus are still just as needed/required as before. I understand the need for a ppu at an OP War, as they are the medics after all. But not to the extent of the 1 to 1 ratio we have right now, of ppus to fighters.

Safunte
28-12-05, 19:06
could we agree on this:
PEs will have 66%

I understand the importance of reducing the effects of the PPUs foriegn casts. However, we wouldn't want 2 minute op wars now would we?
Tank 100%
PE 75%
monk/spies 50%

This keeps the balance of monks and spies taking alot of damage, and pes being the second best resisters, while tanks are damage sponges, like they should be all the while making it so all players get good enough resists to live long enough for a good fight.

John Wu
28-12-05, 19:48
we could agree on that. but for compensating the overall loss of para we should bring in mining tools as a new trader tool class.
I dont have the slightest clue what something that fucks up PvP as much as para does has to do with traders / mining tools, and there are already mining tools ingame (of course of no use because there are no resources to mine except wood), but if that would do the trick of removing para from this game: where do I have to sign?

Fero
28-12-05, 23:52
I am amused to be honest.
Sultana i hope you are a girl, if so it makes you one sexy aussie chika. ;)

But lets return to our goats ...
As i sad "Till the time whole "high level" contents is changed ". Unfortunately today we NEED ppu there .. I was not playing @ time mc5 was easy. I want to see a direct change in whole MC5 thing ... a faction quest maybe a proper quest for each type of chip.
People started to realy on PPu since boring grinding and farvesting would become faster and easier. What else KK could done to circumvent such behavior ? They made those mobs realy evil and ugly. So we all now NEED ppu there to get that crap load of parts that we so eager to overprice and be happy about it.

I bet Giga knows me :) :cool: :cool:

@ Koshinn Hullo mister Obvious . duh O_o

rawr :angel:

giga191
29-12-05, 00:30
if anyone loves long fights then try an OP war without APUs. Then you start to see how stupid things are

sultana
29-12-05, 12:25
I am amused to be honest.
Sultana i hope you are a girl, if so it makes you one sexy aussie chika. ;)
I think I'm gonna start using PA again...