PDA

View Full Version : Some Helpful Information For Trade Skillers

Zheo
27-12-05, 13:30
Like weapons, trade skills have caps, for example: Implant cap is 115. There is no point in having even one more skill point than that. So here are roughly the caps:

Implant: 115
Research: 165 (For tl 115 stuff)
Construction: 165 (For tl 115 stuff)
Recycle: 80 (But not sure)
Repair: 165 (at a guess)

Some common myths:

MYTH: More constructon = better stats on rares and better slots
FACT: Both slots AND stats are random assuming you have the construction cap. Having 300 construction wont get you 120 on all stats and 5 slots.

So there is no reason why you cant (With implants) have a good researcher constructor. Also keep in mind you can go to outposts and get buffs.

Hope this helps

CMaster
27-12-05, 14:23
Recycle - no, you need more - at least 115+ for ideal results on a rhino, more forhigher TL stuff I would expect.

RusSki
27-12-05, 15:35
I always thought that if u had double the TL in research skill u dont fail. So the cap would be 300 (for research missions)

170 cst caps the stats on all none rare weapons (or did in nc1, not sure if the formulas have changed)

onero S
27-12-05, 18:14
Like weapons, trade skills have caps, for example: Implant cap is 115. There is no point in having even one more skill point than that. So here are roughly the caps:

Implant: 115
Recycle: 80 (But not sure)
Repair: 165 (at a guess)

Some common myths:

MYTH: More constructon = better stats on rares and better slots
FACT: Both slots AND stats are random assuming you have the construction cap. Having 300 construction wont get you 120 on all stats and 5 slots.

So there is no reason why you cant (With implants) have a good researcher constructor. Also keep in mind you can go to outposts and get buffs.

Hope this helps

cst cap is much highter, 200 I think also slots are not random, both slots and stats are 60 (or is it 70) % cst skill.

The other 40 (or is it 30) % id dex lvl for slots and int lvl for stats

Zheo
27-12-05, 22:18
cst cap is much highter, 200 I think also slots are not random, both slots and stats are 60 (or is it 70) % cst skill.

The other 40 (or is it 30) % id dex lvl for slots and int lvl for stats

I didnt notice much of a difference when I had a constructer with about 165 unbuffed (usually got buffed to 180) just for safety though.

There is alot of people that will complain if you dont have 300 cst and 120 int and dex, saying it affects there rares, but just because you have that doesnt mean you wont construct a all 110 stated 0 slot weapon.

Jagrfelm
28-12-05, 00:09
he he.
Slots are random. Nearly completely random. Yes, Dex and Cst DO affect Slots, but not even nearly at 60%. More like 6 to 10% (if even).
And every Weapon has its own Buildcap, except for Rares. The highest Stat possible at a nonrare TL90 Weapon is 89 or 91 i think. Stats on Rares are affected by your CST and DEX. You have a greater Chance of getting good Stats with higher CST and DEX.
Some old "Myths" are no Myths at all.

Mal
28-12-05, 13:44
he he.
Slots are random. Nearly completely random. Yes, Dex and Cst DO affect Slots, but not even nearly at 60%. More like 6 to 10% (if even).
And every Weapon has its own Buildcap, except for Rares. The highest Stat possible at a nonrare TL90 Weapon is 89 or 91 i think. Stats on Rares are affected by your CST and DEX. You have a greater Chance of getting good Stats with higher CST and DEX.
Some old "Myths" are no Myths at all.

It would be nice if someone at KK would simply confirm this, but I have a feeling it'll be a case of "We want the players to work it out for themselves"

unreal
28-12-05, 13:59
Yeah, except something like this can't be worked out by the players entirely by themselves. I think there was already an official "spoiler" thread by a GM or something about this somewhere, not too sure though. :)

Destino
28-12-05, 15:50
What about hacking and barter?

Jagrfelm
28-12-05, 19:26
What about hacking and barter? What do you want to know?

Destino
29-12-05, 14:11
Well, if there is a cap

sultana
29-12-05, 14:18
Research and Construction cap at whatever you want it to cap at. To make sure you won't fail you need double the TL of the item your contructing/researching in skill. So the "ideal" cap for research/constuction is something along the lines of 244. I think 122 is the highest TL constuctable item right? Whatever Drone and maybe a Melee weapon.

That's if you discount the missions though, then you need to hit 300 in either skill.

Zheo
29-12-05, 16:51
What about hacking and barter?

Good point,

Barter is 189 (that requires a ppu buff and every skill point)

This is because there are no implants to boost barter why?

this is an offical word from KK "With implants for barter it would be possible to buy items cheep and then sell them back and actually gain money"

or something along those lines.

as for hacking that depends on what you want to hack, I don't know for hacknet weapons but if they are like normal then possible around 190.

As for sultana's reply to my 165 <-- that I got from some constructor who claimed to have 261 skill all the while having just 165 or there abouts, and I'm quite sure he didn't destroy items or at least not alot. However I am not god and I can be wrong, but I dout KK will tell us, perhaps doing some level 110 missions will tell me as to the true required cst and res skill not to break items.

Breaking aside the cap i mean is to get best stats out of the weapon for example I do believe that having 115 cst for a tl 115 rare will produce bad stats, keeping in mind they are rare, i am not possative as i've never had a spare rare to risk wasting while figuring it out :)

jj dynomite
29-12-05, 20:40
Thanatos wrote this on a since closed thread...

"Besides slotenhancers, which guarantee 1 to 3 slots, the only way to influence your chance to get slots is to get a construction skill as high as possible.

There are 2 variables in the formula that determines the amount of slots: the quality of the built item and a random number (0-199). Although quality of constructed items has a cap, the quality used by the formula is the theoretical quality, so having just enough CST to reach the build cap for the desired item is far from being optimal. In fact, if the quality is below a certain level, it is not possible to get 5 or even 4 slots. This quality is based on the TL of the constructed item DEX, INT and your CST skill.

So having a high build quality opens up the possibilities to get up to 5 slots. To get the slots, a random number is rolled. If that random number is above a certain number (derived from fixed factors and also the quality), you get 0 slots. For 1 slots, the random number has to be lower than the calculated number above. For 2 slots, it has to be below another number that's lower than that required for 1 slot. Same thing for 3, 4, 5 slots, the random number the game rolls has to be lower and lower. That's why builds with low quality can never get 5 slots, the required number would have to be negative (which it can't be).

As the quality factors into the formula determining the breakpoints for x slots, a high quality means a bigger range of random numbers will be able to get you slots. In other words, it increases your chances to get slots.

Rare weapons are a special case though. In addition to the formula described above, there is another roll for either 0, 1 or 2 additional slots (33.33% chance to get either). That's why rare weapons generally have more slots than non-rares."

So that should answer that

Scaramanga
12-01-06, 01:25
Never failed a res at double tl.
Failed, and broke, some at one point under double (tl 219 on a tl 110 item).
Have researched an unhealthy number of items since i started my researcher 2 years ago.

Blausiegel
12-01-06, 09:55
About the Barter:
Your INT-level affects the discounts aswell.
If you want, i can get you some numbers from my int capped PPU (with no barterskill) and from my Tank as a comparison, once my account is running again. :angel:

Regards
Blausiegel.