PDA

View Full Version : Evol 2.1: Time for team sizes to evolve?

Mr Kot
26-12-05, 19:02
Ok, i'm annoyed now.

I played by the rules, i look after my soullight and symps, i understand the zone rules, i'm careful to team up with everybody when caving - particularly when on an apu with any kind of AoE.

Yes, i lost all my soullight.

I'm not complaining about the new penalties with evol 2.1 - in fact, i rather like them. I'm not complaining about a random bug - i know exactly what caused by soullight loss: i was in a team in the cave and another runner who wanted to join our team couldn't as the team was full. I would gladly have invited him if i could. I was most careful to to harm the one runner who was not in team. Of course, sooner or later i was bound to make a mistake and when the runner eventually died, i lost soullight. One of my barrels must have clipped him, or he ran into it.. whatever.

What i'm really complaining about here is the ridiculously small team size limit, especially now as we are told to be so careful in hunting areas. Support won't do anything about lost soullight as it is the runners responsibility to look after it, and i agree. It's just a little difficult when you cannot take the one precaution against this when hunting.

So what i am asking KK, is now we have these harsher soullight penalties... can you now double the team sizes so we can all take care even if a couple of extra unexpected guests join us on our hunt?

What does everyone else think?

Bloom
26-12-05, 19:18
Would be nice to have bigger team while hunting in caves/dung.
Hope KK will make something about that.

Bloom.

Riddle
26-12-05, 20:30
This is a MUST!

We need bigger team sizes to combat this problem and maybe even bigger for OP wars ;)

Sgt. Pepper
26-12-05, 20:32
theres is one big rule for caving ... NO team = NO cave
if people couldn't join teams they have to leave the damn cave. If they don't, they'll die and will never be resurected.

thats quite easy

Tratos
26-12-05, 21:41
Or a new team system?

Teams as they are
Squads (WoW Raid style - teams in a team)
Clans given same rules as teams? i.e. xp is shared regardless and you can kill em without penelty?

nEo-1664
27-12-05, 03:56
Or a new team system?

Teams as they are
Squads (WoW Raid style - teams in a team)
Clans given same rules as teams? i.e. xp is shared regardless and you can kill em without penelty?

Kinda Plantside style,

In a single Platoon, consisting of upto 3 squads, made up of upto 10 people. Through a platoon form of chat, you can all still communicate, all get markers for people, but do not share EXP between the other 29 possible people. You only share you EXP between your squad, consisting of the 10 total.....

tis a winn0r idea tbh and one that I fully agree on!

BlackDove
27-12-05, 06:25
IMO Teams were always too small, always hated it at OP waring. Too many people to team, so you run two teams with added discontent in regard to communication.

I say remove the limitation for people in team, or at least quadruple it from what it is now.

It's like the game is designed for small populations O.o :p

turbineS-line
27-12-05, 08:40
Simple fix:

Teams. Raise the team size.

Turn dungeons into instances. Only people in the cave are those in the team. Any other teams go into their own private cave. Basically, there will never be any un-teamed in the same cave as the teamed players, ever.

Problem fixed. However, working with the engine to support this? VERY difficult.

rob444
27-12-05, 10:52
I agree with you that they should increase team capacity. Let's pretend NC2 will have so much population that you'll only see 70%+ in the server menu. How would it be to level in caves with so many people that wants to level in there if there can only be one team at maximum of 10 members? :confused:

Foo
27-12-05, 11:45
oh yes baby this would be great , they should do what SWg was like back in teh day (20+ man groups you was able to form) , even if they just doubled the team sizes so you could have 20man teams would be feckin awsome.

retr0n
27-12-05, 14:08
Simple fix:

Teams. Raise the team size.

Turn dungeons into instances. Only people in the cave are those in the team. Any other teams go into their own private cave. Basically, there will never be any un-teamed in the same cave as the teamed players, ever.

Problem fixed. However, working with the engine to support this? VERY difficult.

Yeah but ppl sometimes jump into a cave just to see if there is a team leveling
they can join, so I'm against wow-instance-style-caves.

Also I fully agree on extending the team size, but then we need something done
about the arrows :) Can you imagine 40 arrows flying around on your screen?

Maybe have a healthbar hovering over teammates heads or something.