PDA

View Full Version : Loading Screen Hang Problem

Maxemus44
25-12-05, 11:19
Hey folks, I just downloaded and did all updates and rebooted twice now and when i launch the game, it will go as far as the loading screen and then just sit there. the computer isn't frozen up, but the game just stops responding and i have to ctrl-alt-del and close it. I have no clue what the problem could be i have windows firewall off and i just re-formated the drive. here are system specs and .ini for the game :D

CPU: AMD Athlon 1.4 Ghz VIA M/B
RAM: 768 MB
Gfx: Nvidia Gforce FX 550 256 MB RAM 8X (Motherboard only runs Max at 128 mb RAM and 4x AGP)
Sound: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 24 Bit

Neocron .Ini
// Neocron - BDoY INIFILE

PREFDRIVER = "(D3D9) NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500"
PREFMODENAME = "800x600x16"
PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1024x768"
PREFSOUNDDRIVER = "Generic DirectSound Driver"
PREFSOUNDMIXER = "Generic DirectSound Mixer"

GAMMA = "1.1"
STARTUPMENU = "TRUE"
SHOWCONSOLE = "TRUE"
FASTRUN = "FALSE"
CASTSHADOWS = "FALSE"
BIGLIGHTS = "TRUE"
WEAPONVISIBLE = "TRUE"
HUDACTIVE = "FALSE"
RECORDMOVIE = "FALSE"
STARTTIME = "12"
CAMREPLAY = "FALSE"
PLAYCDTRACK = "0"
SAVEMOVIE = "FALSE"
MOVIEFPS = "15"
NETBASEIP = "62.140.29.50:7000"

LOCALPORT = "20999"

NOSPLASH = "FALSE"
NOEXTRO = "FALSE"

There ya go! Hope someone can help me! I sent email to Tech Support so they better send me somethin back worth while!

Maxemus44
25-12-05, 11:21
Graphix card is Geforce FX 5500 SRRY!!

Vanten
25-12-05, 11:43
I've never trusted that damn windows firewall :D
You could try add neocron as a trusted program in the windows firewall.
Same goes if you have any other firewall.

Demental
25-12-05, 11:50
Turn off your firewall or load Neocron in a window and when you click login at the bottom right it should pop a window up asking you to allow access. Allow it and it'll stop

Maxemus44
25-12-05, 11:51
I Currently have no firewalls active (atm) usually i go with mcaffe but like i said, just Re formated drive and aint got there yet but i wanna figure this crap out before i go any further.

Mighty Max
25-12-05, 11:57
Reboot.

It's most likely a memory problem (too less or too fragmented)

A reboot should be the easiest way to fix that.

Maxemus44
25-12-05, 12:02
i actually just now tried turning the firewall on, and then launching the game and nothing even comes up regarding the firewall.. just stops responding at loading screen. I am gonna shut it down and the boot up again and if that don't work then maybe its something running in my process tree.

Maxemus44
25-12-05, 12:08
Just tried a Shutdown/Restart. Still not responding. nobody else has this problem? I had a splash loading screen problem with a game of mine call XIII but i just reformated and its working now. i sure as hell hope it didn't put it all onto this game... ill be pretty pissed.

Maxemus44
25-12-05, 13:08
alright i was going through my event viewer in my computer management and i discovered that the application is hanging. this is what i am getting when the error occurs and if anyone can tell me what it means and what to do that would be great!

Hanging application Client.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Tratos
25-12-05, 13:22
How long do you actually wait before mashing the keys to make it stop responding?

It takes a while to load.

Maxemus44
25-12-05, 23:54
it automatically stops responding and if it takes soo long. is 15 minutes too soon to hit control alt del?

Dead Bodies
26-12-05, 07:12
even if u reinstal or whipe your hardrive if u have a dsl/ cable/t1-t3 connection u have a firewall (wich u know) nowdays the firewall programs make their own rules for programs and neocron is considered a VERRY HIGH THREAT wich is bull, but it is make sure client.exe is not blocked open it on all ports if u have a router setup there will be a built in firewall wich u probaly use the web to achess. as you say its "hanging" and u have it all up to date then it looks like it need a final authrosation wich is most likley your firewall saysing NO to the client.exe even thou it dosent pop up a box asking for permission it still can be blocked (like i said it makes its own rules" ack atack of the smart computers") try DIABLEING your firewall and anti spam ETC it will warn you YOUR COMPUTER WILL NOT BE PROTECTED !!! tell it to re open those programs when u restart (not in 5min or else ur stuck inside game) then ctrl-alt-del and close all network /owner programs that u KNOW are not system operatable free up as much memmory as possible (if u dont know then dont fuck with it u'll end up shutting down the comp)

if this dosent work let us know ill try to find a program i used to debug NC

Good luck m8 merry xmas

Maxemus44
28-12-05, 14:16
funny thing.... i re-formatted, and it worked....

b00n
28-12-05, 14:37
I'm not sure if this is against the rules.. if it is a mod can edit my post

To get rid of the epilepsy warning and nc arcade exit screen do this in neocron.ini

NOSPLASH = "TRUE"
NOEXTRO = "TRUE"