PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Why I'm actually glad NC's population is small sometimes...

-FN-
24-12-05, 10:48
http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=15004&hed=Blizzard+Shuts+Down+Cheaters&sector=Industries&subsector=EntertainmentAndMedia

Blizzard said it shut down more than 18,000 accounts that were using illegal software to cheat in its immensely popular video game World of Warcraft.

If KK closed 18,000 accounts... there'd be nobody left :p But imagine... if THAT many people were cheating/hacking in the game, how fucked must thier economy and PvP ladders be? O_o

On that note, I'm out of town - Happy Festivus and/or Christmas and/or Kwanzaa and/or Hanukkah and/or Solstice and/or Boxing Day and/or Eid EID Ul-Fitr and/or St. Lucia and/or Ramadan and/or Whatever!

Terayon
24-12-05, 10:50
When 5 million people play a game, its realy not that much :p .

Hacking in wow is incredably easy though. Im a bit disapointed more people wernt caught.

Koshinn
24-12-05, 11:08
they were botting. gold farmers.

Foo
24-12-05, 13:21
I bet there is 100's of thousands more accounts that are hacking / boting , they just bann the ones that were reported by players and such , thing with blizzad software like all there previous games (Starcraft/Warcraft/Warcraft3/Diablo1+2+Lod etc etc) is they are very very easyly hackable. Once the koreans (Not being racists but thats where MOST the hacks come from for blizzad games to my knowlage) get there hands on the game , the hacks just keep comeing .

Mr Kot
24-12-05, 15:50
I notice that Blizzard are even prohibiting the sale of ingame items / characters / accounts for cash on ebay and the like.

I wonder why KK never took that stance?

Tbh, i think paying real money for an advantage in a game is just sad. It's like losing at chess, then running out to the shop to buy more pieces to replace the ones you're losing.

I could say the same about people who buy multiple accounts to gain an advantage too, but i'll only get flamed to death for it :p

Scanner Darkly
24-12-05, 16:07
Tbh, i think paying real money for an advantage in a game is just sad. It's like losing at chess, then running out to the shop to buy more pieces to replace the ones you're losing.

I could say the same about people who buy multiple accounts to gain an advantage too, but i'll only get flamed to death for it :p

That's logic worthy of a master mathematician! Because they are the same thing... :rolleyes:

Paper Dragon
24-12-05, 16:23
I notice that Blizzard are even prohibiting the sale of ingame items / characters / accounts for cash on ebay and the like.

I wonder why KK never took that stance?

Well, despite Blizzard having a "zero tolerance" stance, the problem is still rampant, and in news post links there have been links to websites that deal in that sort of thing. It just makes them look laughable, especially when it's an incredibly common problem.

Funny though....Blizzard ban that many people, yet they can't ban a group of five fucking people that thought it'd be hilarious to constantly harass myself and my girlfriend.

l8m0n
24-12-05, 20:24
lol i rember when people used to buy NC money on ebay :lol: and i rember when KK closed a few accounts for cheating/hacking the game :rolleyes: but i dont think they would be able to close that many accounts seeing as there isnt that many

turbineS-line
24-12-05, 20:32
The smaller playerbase of NC is a really awesome thing. Since it's a small game, there are close to no hacks/exploit programs made to cheat at NC, which is an awesome thing. Haha. Thank god for small games.

Felakin
24-12-05, 20:40
Well I play WoW and have to say that they really will not win the war on cheaters no matter the zero tolerance they have. I have caught a few boters myself and reported them. I have also reported a few rasists that has been banned or had a forced name changed. I work for a better game experience for myself and all the others. But no matter how much players and blizzard will work on the matter of cheaters there will always exsist. Sad but true.

Back in the old days of NC 1 there were many exploits, money cubes that could be duplicated, GR item duplication etc etc. Many they were and many to be for sure. No matter what game your in!

suler
25-12-05, 03:43
The smaller playerbase of NC is a really awesome thing. Since it's a small game, there are close to no hacks/exploit programs made to cheat at NC, which is an awesome thing. Haha. Thank god for small games.

That was sarcasm right.

Tratos
25-12-05, 03:44
The thing i do like about Neocron's small community is the fact almost everyone knows evryone else or atleast knows of everyone else.

sanityislost
25-12-05, 04:04
yea i like NC's smaller pop....

But btw...

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5585/kwanza3qj.jpg

SiL ..:..

fjutte
25-12-05, 04:23
If my HC PE could hack WoW.. Now that would be awesome :lol: