PDA

View Full Version : OT - Guitar imports.

Spermy
23-12-05, 18:14
I'm importing myself an ESP f250

Cheapest UK price bar Ebay is here. It's £525 + delivery

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=66809

I managed to secure a lower price with Musikhaus Thomann, a german company. For a price of 505 Euro including delivery - bargain - i saved around 179 quid. Now - I wanna know has anyone ever imported guitars or the like before? All my taxes are included in the price - I have that in writing and also stated on thier hompage, which is relief that I shouldn't have any extra charges from them.

If they have - what problems, if any did they encounter? And is there anything i should be aware of. I'm going to transfer the funds tonight - I have thier IBAN, Swift, Bank name and address etc, so it should go without a hitch.

By the way - yes - I have posted my question on an appropriate forum also, for any nitpickers out there! Just thought it'd be a good idea to post here too :p

EDIT

Gah - unable to do it online - I'll have to toddle to the bank on wednesday :p There's no way I'm paying over the odds for it if i can get it at the price the import is!

Vampire222
23-12-05, 18:39
since ur living in the EU, you'll not haveto pay extra tax or customs on it.

Torg
23-12-05, 18:53
all i can contribute to this matter: i've been dealing with thomann before and found them doing very serious and reliable business. a good company. and business within the EU should be easy and at reasonabble costs.