PDA

View Full Version : Petition to stop all the stupid petitions

Kozmos
23-12-05, 07:46
Cmon guys, its gettin almost as bad as americas sue them for anything culture, why has every other thread got a damn petition in it.....

jini
23-12-05, 07:49
signed :D

Ios - Terra
23-12-05, 07:49
[ edited ]

Kozmos
23-12-05, 07:50
[ edited ]

que ?

[Edit] :lol: just realised who you are.... you posted this

This is acting as a petition for new guns. New models for old guns does not cut it.

I'm going to make a new post every 7 days demanding new weapons, they don't even have to make new models, just change the color palets of the old ones and their particle effect.

Bring on the flames, I'm a disgruntled customer.

ok, how long have you played neocron ?

As far as 'new' guns go we have the following

Terminator
Xbow
Dentist
peacemaker
ak47
baretta

2 rifles, 2 melee, 2 pistols

No new cannons

Weve yet to find out how/if its possible to make the new ION weapons, as they 'are' ingame
and personally, new models does cut it. New gun models is a graphics update, which neocron heavily needed, new gun types, thats a content issue, and seeing as they cant balance the shit thats already ingame, why on earth do you want them to add more guns.
At the end of the day, if your a tank, and they release a new cnanon, you will only use it if it is better than a CS
if your a pistol user, you will only use it if its better than a slasher/xbow
if your a rifle user you will only use it if it is better than a healing light.

What then happens is a complete fuckery in balance. Making one class alot more powerfull than another.

see where im coming from ?

Also why do you seriously think they will go by your petiton. yeah make one every 7 days :lol: their not ever gonna listen to it or follow it. a petition isnt a law, its just a group of whiners that want want want and dont think most of the time, the majority of petitions are just pure comedy... When you make a petition, and 15 people sign it, a minority of the forum users, which is a minority of the total NC players as alot dont use forums, what makes you think that at any point what so ever they will do as you say because you spammed a petition every 7 days :lol:

Ios - Terra
23-12-05, 07:53
We need more folks pushing KK to work faster, they're way too slow, too many improvements need to be addressed and they're taking way to long to implement. I'm not dissing the game, it's pretty tight, but it could be so much better. I've always said this game has so much potential. I've been in and out of so many MMO's and I find myself comming back to this one. I just care about it too much to see these guys slack on it.

KK IF YOU'RE READING, I WILL WORK ON YOUR GAME, FREE OF CHARGE.

suler
23-12-05, 07:57
Where can I sign up for a petition for you not to make another petition?

Kozmos
23-12-05, 08:00
We need more folks pushing KK to work faster, they're way too slow, too many improvements need to be addressed and they're taking way to long to implement. I'm not dissing the game, it's pretty tight, but it could be so much better. I've always said this game has so much potential. I've been in and out of so many MMO's and I find myself comming back to this one. I just care about it too much to see these guys slack on it.

KK IF YOU'RE READING, I WILL WORK ON YOUR GAME, FREE OF CHARGE.

KK are a miniscule company compared to many others that make MMO's. They have done a great job with neocron by supplying the best pvp system going. Yes its not THE best graphics, but now imo out of all the scifi style mmo's its one of the top for graphics.The trades system is what I personally fine pretty weak with neocron and outpost taking needs a major rework. other than that, id rather see the current content balanced than have more wildcards thrown in to add more fuckery to the game

Player mods were allowed, and there was some of us that made alot of skins for the game and other various usefull mods like bram's NC1 launcher, however because of a program that was used to extract the bmp files, it was modified by another user and used to create hacks for the game, which is why theres been a crackdown on player made skins etc

Ios - Terra
23-12-05, 08:05
ok, how long have you played neocron ?

As far as 'new' guns go we have the following

Terminator
Xbow
Dentist
peacemaker
ak47
baretta

2 rifles, 2 melee, 2 pistols

No new cannons

Weve yet to find out how/if its possible to make the new ION weapons, as they 'are' ingame
and personally, new models does cut it. New gun models is a graphics update, which neocron heavily needed, new gun types, thats a content issue, and seeing as they cant balance the shit thats already ingame, why on earth do you want them to add more guns.
At the end of the day, if your a tank, and they release a new cnanon, you will only use it if it is better than a CS
if your a pistol user, you will only use it if its better than a slasher/xbow
if your a rifle user you will only use it if it is better than a healing light.

What then happens is a complete fuckery in balance. Making one class alot more powerfull than another.

see where im coming from ?

Also why do you seriously think they will go by your petiton. yeah make one every 7 days their not ever gonna listen to it or follow it. a petition isnt a law, its just a group of whiners that want want want and dont think most of the time, the majority of petitions are just pure comedy... When you make a petition, and 15 people sign it, a minority of the forum users, which is a minority of the total NC players as alot dont use forums, what makes you think that at any point what so ever they will do as you say because you spammed a petition every 7 days

Yes I'll be sure to file that under "L" for "Long winded diatribes by pretentious Neocron vets"

Neocron has been in developement since 1998, it's turning into 2006, the best they can do is 6 guns? Everything is pretty balanced to me, I play a variety of characters and have fun with them all. The whiners on this forum are the asshats who whine about balance. THE GAME IS BALANCED STOP CRYING BECAUSE YOUR ASS GOT PARASHOCKED. It seems the only balance issue people have is when they get killed in PvP something is not in balance... lame, just lame.

jini
23-12-05, 08:10
Where can I sign up for a petition for you not to make another petition?
In this same petition lol, it's a closed loop type of petition :lol:

Kozmos
23-12-05, 08:13
Yes I'll be sure to file that under "L" for "Long winded diatribes by pretentious Neocron vets"

Neocron has been in developement since 1998, it's turning into 2006, the best they can do is 6 guns? Everything is pretty balanced to me, I play a variety of characters and have fun with them all. The whiners on this forum are the asshats who whine about balance. THE GAME IS BALANCED STOP CRYING BECAUSE YOUR ASS GOT PARASHOCKED. It seems the only balance issue people have is when they get killed in PvP something is not in balance... lame, just lame.

ok

:lol:

when at any point have i ever called myself a vet. never. Ive played since beta 2 through to today.

When you say the games balanced. do you even pvp atall ? or do you stand in TH all day or something, seriously man. Ill give some examples, you justify them
Moonstriker is lower TL than a doombeamer. Doombeamer has wank damage compared to a moonstriker
FirstLove - Healinglight. FL's damage is pathetic, FL's aiming is pathetic, FL's range is pathetic, thats why nobody uses it. HealingLight, at a lower TL is the weapon of choice for rifle users
Theres more i just cant be fucked to type more about direct weapon imbalances

Holy Heal. This is practically godmode. even on a shite setup, a holy heal will outheal just about any damage dealt to somebody unless they have multiple APUs reaming them. hell put 2 APUs on my tank when he has a holy heal running and ill still have practically full health when the heal finishes

parashock. Always gonna be a bitchpoint for the majority of people that pvp.

Vehicles need alot of work stil lfor them to become usefull for anything other than a quicker way to go out tag GR's or just hunt some mobs for somethin different to do.

a few examples of the stuff that needs to be reworked ... imo

Ios - Terra
23-12-05, 08:26
Those weapons have different applications... you can't expect everyone to have the same resists, calculating DMG on any weapon is damn near impossible because it varies from player to player.

As for the holy heal thing, [ edited ], I wouldn't miss them if they got deleted. :lol: Seriously though holy heal has nothing to do with my problem, I've just collected everything and I need more! Can't a dude dream?!

sultana
23-12-05, 08:46
Everything is pretty balanced to me, I play a variety of characters and have fun with them all. The whiners on this forum are the asshats who whine about balance. THE GAME IS BALANCED STOP CRYING BECAUSE YOUR ASS GOT PARASHOCKED. It seems the only balance issue people have is when they get killed in PvP something is not in balance... lame, just lame.
And that is why your opinion doesn't count for anything.

Mjk_cz
23-12-05, 08:50
Ion-Terra? Are you playing the same game as rest of us :P?

Ios - Terra
23-12-05, 09:18
And that is why your opinion doesn't count for anything.

Good reasoning.

Terayon
23-12-05, 09:49
I only see one petition :wtf: .

Spermy
23-12-05, 10:52
I only see one petition :wtf: .

That bug one to.

BTW petitions do nothing - KK usually stick to a workflow - we all know that by now. They'll probably do thier thang and only if something dramaticly shite happens, will they change thier plans.

We got plenty of new weapons to use - The development cycle has also been mostly directed at balancing - and it still isn't there yet, it still needs work - but why not, instead of whining during christmas time - take a break, see teh relatives and friends, and get absolutely of yer tits.

(tis what I'm doing :D)

Nidhogg
23-12-05, 11:58
BTW petitions do nothing - KK usually stick to a workflow - we all know that by now. They'll probably do thier thang and only if something dramaticly shite happens, will they change thier plans.
You know, that about sums it up but I have two things to say on this topic:

1) Because we have pretty good coverage of what goes on here and in-game we don't need petitions to gauge the community. You can bet that we know when there's a major problem that needs to be addressed but otherwise we have a vision for our product and strong leadership to achieve that vision. That vision doesn't preclude input from you guys though and your suggestions are always helpful. Even if we don't go with a suggestion they are discussed internally and they help us move to what we hope is a satisfactory alternative.

2) To help us gauge the community more effectively we've removed polls. That might seem ass-backward to you but think about it for a minute - a poll is one person's proposition followed by either anonymous votes or posted alterations. We'd much rather see genuine feedback from as many independent sources as possible on true discussion threads than see lazy opinion taking. Polls and petitions are essentially shortcuts and we'd rather go the extra mile.

N

Bugs Gunny
23-12-05, 12:00
Nidhogg, i swear, you must have been a politician in a previous life....

sl33py
23-12-05, 12:02
in a previous life....
heh, i'm not sure wether it's only in a previous life :p

but moderating this hell hole either shapes you into one ... or you just need to have the skills to become one..
;)

Nidhogg
23-12-05, 12:03
How dare you! :p

N

Mjk_cz
23-12-05, 12:09
Happy xmass:)) ... yay! wrong forum!

Spermy
23-12-05, 12:27
Nid - please convey my thanks to the Dev bods. I spent all day tuesday sorting out my SL and symp - it took SOOOO long to do. Alright - so it was fixable, it just didn't seem like it at the time - all ic ould see was my poor tanky up shit creek :p

Anyhow - I'd just like to say WHY?! WHY?!

why is it that When I come back from seeing the missus last night - I see that the missions are in place?! what crap luck! A whole day on tuesday down the pan :p

Anyhoo - 2 days left and still some shopping to do! :lol:

jini
23-12-05, 16:19

1) Because we have pretty good coverage of what goes on here and in-game we don't need petitions to gauge the community. You can bet that we know when there's a major problem that needs to be addressed but otherwise we have a vision for our product and strong leadership to achieve that vision. That vision doesn't preclude input from you guys though and your suggestions are always helpful. Even if we don't go with a suggestion they are discussed internally and they help us move to what we hope is a satisfactory alternative.
I accept and understand that you know what's going with your product, but I can also remind you of the time when we had to switch from nc1 to nc2, a rather bad transition, in which we lost all our epic items and most rares/cash. At that time an identical suspicious silence was for some weeks, several (leaked by chance?) rumours about what was gonna happen and in the end and about a week before the sad truth was unfolded

2) To help us gauge the community more effectively we've removed polls. That might seem ass-backward to you but think about it for a minute - a poll is one person's proposition followed by either anonymous votes or posted alterations. We'd much rather see genuine feedback from as many independent sources as possible on true discussion threads than see lazy opinion taking. Polls and petitions are essentially shortcuts and we'd rather go the extra mile.

N
You are right about polls, but they are indicative and a part of modern life by now. They serve tehir purpose and some people do it for living. Also they sometimes can be fun, and monitor situations which you can't monitor otherwise. I wanted, for instance, to make a poll of how many drugs most use. We wont be able to tell this w/o making a poll, and reakktor also doesnt know this information. Besides that, last days I have yet to see a poll, so you didnt had to erase them. It's still a valuable tool and there are many ways you can benefit from them

Edit: also fix those [/] [] switches they dont work. I dont know what is broken, but font styles dont work anymore

Paper Dragon
23-12-05, 16:30

Quick, someone get behind his podium! We'll have him out of office in no time.... :D

cRazy-
23-12-05, 16:34
How dare you! :p

N

I have a huge newfound respect for Nidhogg after the quoting reference to Max.

xyl_az
23-12-05, 16:37
(...) You can bet that we know when there's a major problem that needs to be addressed but otherwise we have a vision for our product and strong leadership to achieve that vision.
(...)
N

Simple question then, really:
what was/is KK vision with monk issue for the last 3 years? what KK thought/think about the monks and why didnt they do absolutely anything about it?

because its always like this, you say you know when theres some problem with the game yet you dont do anything for months/years about it.

How can people know if you (KK) know about the problem if you:
a) dont do anything about it,
b) dont say anything about it

Lodar
23-12-05, 17:00
You are right about polls, but they are indicative and a part of modern life by now. They serve tehir purpose and some people do it for living. Also they sometimes can be fun, and monitor situations which you can't monitor otherwise. I wanted, for instance, to make a poll of how many drugs most use. We wont be able to tell this w/o making a poll, and reakktor also doesnt know this information.

While that may sometimes be the case, there were far too many polls like this:

Question: Nerf Monks?

Option 1: Yes I like this game!!!!11
Option 2: No I'm a noob and I suckz0rz!!11

Polls like this provide no useful information at all, and serve as nothing put agenda-pushing tools for players that feel strongly about their particular class/weapon etc, as well as all the reason Nidhogg has already mentioned.

Besides that, last days I have yet to see a poll, so you didnt had to erase them. It's still a valuable tool and there are many ways you can benefit from them

You won't have seen a poll in the last few days because the ability to use them has been disabled! ;)

bubba
23-12-05, 18:03
How can people know if you (KK) know about the problem if you:
a) dont do anything about it,
b) dont say anything about it

He just did say something about it. ;)

I think what some people need here is to be spoon-fed a "we are working on it" post every week or more. I'm sure they can oblige.

Honestly, it may seem that KK isn't listening but do you guys really think that they are sitting around with their thumbs up their asses. Of course they are working on the problems.

(not directed at you xyl_az, just people in general)

jini
23-12-05, 18:46
While that may sometimes be the case, there were far too many polls like this:

Question: Nerf Monks?

Option 1: Yes I like this game!!!!11
Option 2: No I'm a noob and I suckz0rz!!11

Polls like this provide no useful information at all, and serve as nothing put agenda-pushing tools for players that feel strongly about their particular class/weapon etc, as well as all the reason Nidhogg has already mentioned.

I agree.
There is a way to handle this however, by allowing controlled polls, issued by moderators after a runner's request, or polls coming directly from kk. It's not 100% democratic nor elegant, but it will filter out all spam, leaving only usefull things. Polls are valuable tools and some companies pay for them.

Saying all that I blew my chance of giving the option of: x) Droms and Shatn0rz, which they still dont tell me what it is !!!11

Lodar
23-12-05, 18:54
I agree.
There is a way to handle this however, by allowing controlled polls, issued by moderators after a runner's request, or polls coming directly from kk. It's not 100% democratic nor elegant, but it will filter out all spam, leaving only usefull things. Polls are valuable tools and some companies pay for them.

Saying all that I blew my chance of giving the option of: x) Droms and Shatn0rz, which they still dont tell me what it is !!!11

If KK wish to issue a poll to the community, then rest assured they will, as moderators and administrators can still create polls, only regular users cannot.

IMO, polls cheapen the discussion of an idea or suggestion by allowing people to vote without posting, because they can be ridiculously biased, and because of the example of "droms and shatn0rz" which you pointed out. :p

As for users requesting polls by moderators, why bother? An idea with no poll is likely to evoke more thought-provoking discussion then a simple poll.

Many polls, were simply "Is this idea a good idea?" Yes/No/Droms - why include such a poll when people's comments on why said idea is good or bad are far more valuable then a meaningless statistic?

jini
23-12-05, 19:01
agree

cRazy-
23-12-05, 19:31
[ edited ]

Spermy
23-12-05, 19:53
[ edited ]

jini
23-12-05, 21:05
[ edited ]

Spermy
23-12-05, 21:10
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Mr Kot
23-12-05, 21:11
[ edited ]jesus. somebody tell him....i'm off out for a pint

RogerRamjet
23-12-05, 21:12
[ edited ]

Lodar
23-12-05, 21:36
No more spam please.

marsbarz
23-12-05, 22:27
SIGNED.
too many whiners on this board

cRazy-
23-12-05, 22:43
rofl the amount of spam edits on this page is rediculous.

RogerRamjet
24-12-05, 00:48
I cant even remember what i said.

sultana
24-12-05, 04:09
I cant even remember what i said.
Since when was Masta Blasta your ppu?

Gotterdammerung
24-12-05, 05:39
closed for obvious reasons