PDA

View Full Version : Test Server Still ACtIVE???

Dead Bodies
22-12-05, 21:07
I rember in nc1 the test servers we avaible to "TEST" i throughly enjoyed them for some downtime Are they still avalible? If so please post the client # and patches or where to find them thx.

Mr Kot
22-12-05, 22:47
It'll be a cold day in hell before KK let the great unwashed onto a testserver again. When the old one was open in NC1 days, according to one of Dirus's old posts, the facility was abused by people just going on there to test their setups etc. There was constant spam and pestering of the staff by joe public wanting this and that and the whole situation just got out of hand.

Besides, while runners are gadding about on the testserver, it means populations on retail will suffer. Runners on retail won't exactly appreciate that, and KK have a business to run.

There was another official KK post at some point at NC2 launch stating that there is no longer a public testserver and - reading between the lines - probably never will be.

Dead Bodies
22-12-05, 22:51
aww poey thaks

Bugs Gunny
22-12-05, 23:39
I "could" reply to that question but then Nidhogg is going to ban me for 7 days :D

Hell-demon
22-12-05, 23:41
i still wub you bugs :rolleyes:

l8m0n
22-12-05, 23:47
test server wasnt that bad, had a few people pissing about (alot more in NC now) think it should be up again so we get to see the changes they want to make and see how it works before its ingame.

Paper Dragon
23-12-05, 00:20
test server wasnt that bad, had a few people pissing about (alot more in NC now) think it should be up again so we get to see the changes they want to make and see how it works before its ingame.

The point of a test server is to test things for bugs, not to get a sneak peek at content.

Cor
23-12-05, 00:21
Why not a Test server by invitation only.

ZoVoS
23-12-05, 03:21
Why not a Test server by invitation only.

and how do u know there isnt :angel:

u shoudlnt asume things just because ur not invited to them =P

Mr Kot
23-12-05, 03:47
we get to see the changes they want to make and see how it works before its ingame....and spoil the surprise.

KK like their surprises. Having a public testserver will just steal their thunder. Also, when stuff is in early development, exploits will be easier to find there and eventually communicated to all and sundry.

If KK really needed us to join them on any testserver they may have, they would have asked us by now. They haven't, so they don't.

Why not a Test server by invitation only.If that is true, then it could be out there already, but we won't be invited. If your company ran such a server, your "invitation only" would be strictly staff only.

Foo
23-12-05, 04:22
Just go test your set ups on neptune , shit u can capp easy in a few days , loming takes all off 1 min ....¬_¬***Neptune the Unoffical test server :)***

Bugs Gunny
23-12-05, 06:00
and how do u know there isnt :angel:

u shoudlnt asume things just because ur not invited to them =P

Regants?

Genotoxic ammo in pisto, pistol go *POOF*

that's convincing enough.

ZoVoS
24-12-05, 02:41
Regants?

Genotoxic ammo in pisto, pistol go *POOF*

that's convincing enough.

na they just invited shity testers who are to buisy testing setups than the game :angel: