PDA

View Full Version : GenoToxic Weapons....

[PiN]Fluffy
22-12-05, 17:07
lol....Um ok without Screaming,Flaming and Ranting just let me say... WHY IN GODS NAME DID U MAKE THE GENOTXIC GUNS WoC??? The Quest to get them Wasnt Annoying enough becuase I had to do it 3 times to get a single fucking set. Now you go and Make them WoC and theyre not even Worth it With the Damage/Damage type they do. I just dont see the Logic behind putting guns that are wyatt earp/paineaser clones with new skins and a different TL as WoC Items??? And well WoC items is a different Story I wont even touch that subject.

/set Rant_off 1

Bugs Gunny
22-12-05, 17:14
You know, i agree.

If anything these guns shouldn't be WOC, if they needed more WOC items how about giving some to tanks, monks.....

Tratos
22-12-05, 17:14
Your telling me you didnt think they would be?

Considering the who quest run was based upon the discovery of an old CERES DISC and the Genotoxic Mutants abducting the City Merc who got their hands on them? you know with the whole City Merc force dead wounded or fucking crazy in Regants Legacy.

None of the WoC weapons are stupidly overpowered they arnt supposed to be, the Pistol has always required WoC 1 and i assume 152/152 finally added the requirement to the rifle which was supposed to be their anyway.

EDIT: Although i do think the pistol should have been a Cannon since we have two WoC pistols now but i guess it has catered for low tech users.

Assuming the Geno-Gun is low tech and the Xbow TC

Clobber
22-12-05, 17:19
It would be nice if they just fucked all this woc crap off for now and implement ALL classes woc items at the same time. Oh and try testing them out 1st maybe so we dont have to go through the whole x-bow all over again :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
22-12-05, 17:19
The genotoxic pistol is not going to be used by anyone.
To make it usable you need to be a slasher spy at least (150wpl 184pc).
Do you know any lowtech pes or spies that spec this much?
Besides if you can get that high in pc and wpl you're better off going for the TC too as a slasher does way more dammage.

They should have put in ion rifles and ion cannons instead.

-FN-
22-12-05, 17:48
Well, first things first - everyone knew from the first day that the Ceres Weapons were going to be WoC. The Rifle was mis-labeled and Snow said it would be patched up. So your complaint about that is only backed by the fact that you didn't catch that.

However, I do have to agree... When I used the gun in Neofrag, for a TL113 Gun, it does on average about 5% more damage than the TL88 (?) Wyatt Earp. That's just plain stupid :rolleyes: I'm hoping that maybe there's no instant Poison Damage being applied or something... if that's not the case - these guns are pretty useless.

CMaster
22-12-05, 18:15
190 PC/100 WEP gets 90/min, capped damage andaiming on a 3 slot (well 4 slot, but no ultima) Baretta. And its not worth using. And the AK - well, stick with your Pain Easer/Tsunami, tbh. (A WoC gun that a Tl75 gun is a viable alternative too? bah!). I mean, they shouldnt be as poweful as the xbow (lowtech + the xbow is a touch too uber) but they should at least be effective for their TL....

Dribble Joy
22-12-05, 18:26
Think what it would be like when (if) mods come out for it.

fschepper
22-12-05, 18:54
The CA Epic PA is Techlevel 120.. Then why is just a bit better than TL 87 Duranium Vest?

It is wrong to compare items due to their techlevel...

Why do all want better weapons who do more damage and fuck up the balance even more?
WoC Item for APU? Stronger than Holy Lightning? Do you really want that? Don't think so...

The new guns seem to be fun items.. And that's ok for me...

CMaster
22-12-05, 18:59
The CA Epic PA is Techlevel 120.. Then why is just a bit better than TL 87 Duranium Vest?

Thats a wrong comparison to make - because you don't have to try and cap an armour. These new weapons do same/less damage as other guns that are far easier to cap - there is no incetive to use them.

pain_easer
22-12-05, 19:06
As well as woc is hard to find

Scaramanga
22-12-05, 19:16
Wasn't the point in WoC items that they don't drop from your belt if not in slot one, thereby giving runners an alternative damage type when in PvP.
Or have they since changed it?
Not sure about this, could someone clarify it.

Argent
22-12-05, 19:18
I hope you all realize that WoC items are supposed to be items, which aren't necessary for PvP etc so there wouldn't be complaints about grinding/vets. If you're looking for more powerfull weapons than the usual "rares", you're not gonna find em (I consider the xbow a freak of nature).

Dribble Joy
22-12-05, 19:34
WoC was intended to be unnecessary for endgame, as it's going, this is not going to happen.

Even if the barretta does 5% more dmg than a wyatt without mods, it's still a reqless weapon.

If anything WoC weapons should be status symbols, make the barretta a Wyatt with an additional WoC 1 req, just a different skin. Same with the AK.

Tostino
22-12-05, 19:39
WoC was intended to be unnecessary for endgame, as it's going, this is not going to happen.

Even if the barretta does 5% more dmg than a wyatt without mods, it's still a reqless weapon.

If anything WoC weapons should be status symbols, make the barretta a Wyatt with an additional WoC 1 req, just a different skin. Same with the AK.
If they do that, then they need to make it as easy to cap as the Wyatt. I wouldn't mind if they made WoC weapons do 5-10% more damage then their non WoC counterparts, as long as they are as easy to cap as the gun that it's being used in place of.

Dribble Joy
22-12-05, 21:02
If they do that, then they need to make it as easy to cap as the Wyatt.
Well of course.

I wouldn't mind if they made WoC weapons do 5-10% more damage then their non WoC counterparts, as long as they are as easy to cap as the gun that it's being used in place of.
But then those WoC weapons become requirements for PvP, unless that is KK's current intention of WoC, they must do the same dmg.

Bugs Gunny
22-12-05, 21:08
How about they scrap WOC alltogether?

awkward silence
22-12-05, 21:50

[There is no love emote.]

Koshinn
22-12-05, 22:24

here here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

No truer words have been spoken. Especially by someone who has already got WoC1 on their PE. :D :D :D :D

NO WOC!!

[PiN]Fluffy
23-12-05, 00:52

QFT

-FluFFy

joran420
23-12-05, 01:27
WoC could be cool...but i think it needs a complete rework from scratch

Dribble Joy
23-12-05, 02:06
WoC could be cool...but i think it needs a complete rework from scratch
I concur.

darkservent
23-12-05, 03:19
Well the reskinned weapons that fire the same way as there counterparts is just plain laziness. Cant we fine tune the firing animation and the ROF to make them that much unique?

jini
23-12-05, 08:13
/signed

Kozmos
23-12-05, 08:17
I concur.

Same

Woc should be something like a status icon above their head, or maybe some additional points, I dont believe WoC should be items in this way.

Dribble Joy
23-12-05, 10:14
Well the reskinned weapons that fire the same way as there counterparts is just plain laziness. Cant we fine tune the firing animation and the ROF to make them that much unique?
Sure, no problems with that, as long as they remain the same tl.

Frankly I was just looking for something to do with the WoC weapons, I'd rather they weren't in in the first place.

giga191
24-12-05, 16:30
fuck u all, woc is for me

PS back from holiday

[PiN]Fluffy
24-12-05, 18:15
fuck u all, woc is for me

PS back from holiday

PS: No one Cares.... :p :p :p