PDA

View Full Version : Paladins...Do they exist?

jj dynomite
21-12-05, 20:40
I remember back in NC1 when they implemented epic quests, there was talk about a runner becoming a "Paladin" once he/she completed all of the faction epic quests. We could never do it in NC1 because the anti-city quests were always bugged.

Is the Paladin implemented, or was that just a hoop dream?

I've completed all of the Pro City epics and i'm gonna do the Anti City Quests next week. I would like some sort of Status or Rank on my Char other than Master of the current faction i'm in.

Or maybe...i could have the AB open to me finally once i've completed all of them.

Anyway...anybody know if the Paladins actually exist?

Argent
21-12-05, 20:43
No, they do not exist. And most likely will never be heard of again.

jj dynomite
21-12-05, 20:45
That sucks...

Why were they not implemented?

It seems like a cool status symbol to work for.

It would also be cool to get the "Master Hunter" tag added to your name.

joran420
21-12-05, 20:56
cause your a faction whore :P

Zeninja
21-12-05, 21:09
I remember of someone who completed all epics in NC1 (his nick was "Leonnidas" if I remember well), and he felt so sorry of getting no "Paladin" rank on his name.

:(

Foo
21-12-05, 21:12
Yep , me and a friend did that in nc1 (on satarn) but didnt get the title :( (and there was the loads of broken epics and no reward epics we did)

jj dynomite
21-12-05, 21:21
Lets start a petition to get the title "Paladin" added to a characters' name once they complete all faction epic quests.

/signed

LTA
21-12-05, 21:35
Why would you be a paladin tho?

I thought paladins were the holy protector, Kinight in shining armour, loyal to there king/church.... which faction hoppin sounds the opposite to
Moving through factions would seem more like some kind of Freelancing employee.... i think Freelancer suits it better lol

jj dynomite
21-12-05, 21:45
Why would you be a paladin tho?

I thought paladins were the holy protector, Kinight in shining armour, loyal to there king/church.... which faction hoppin sounds the opposite to
Moving through factions would seem more like some kind of Freelancing employee.... i think Freelancer suits it better lol

The name doesn't matter. We say paladin because that is what the origional name was for this idea. You could have any name tagged on to you.

It's the idea of having a title added to your name that we're talking about. Doing all of those epics and spending all that time and money should account for something that other runners can see.

I'm for having the WoC ranks on a persons rank as well as master hunter.

Heck...you could even do one called Reezas Finest (or anti/neutral equavalent) for those who've done the alliance quests.

It would just be cool having a runner with all of those names on them.

For example...

jj dynomite
City Admin Paladin
(Random Clan Name) (Random Clan Rank)
Master Hunter 3
Ceres Master 1
Reeza's Finest 59/63 ***

I know it's a lot of stuff, but it shows that person has worked damn hard to get where they are at.

Maybe i went a tad overboard, but it's just the idea that i'm trying to get out.

LTA
21-12-05, 22:17
But your title is gonna cover half the screen.... if theres gonna be a title let it be a suitable one... Paladin just dont fit it thats all i am saying.

Tratos
21-12-05, 22:26
Plus calling it Paladin is one more argument for those in the community which think this is becoming a fantasy game since we have people with psionic abilities who are obviously wizards and dudes who can hold a baseball bat are obviously knights in shining armour.

/end mini rant

-FN-
21-12-05, 23:04
I personally don't mind the Paladin idea being buried and forgotten... why do we want to encourage people to faction hop? O_o

Digital-Talios
21-12-05, 23:11
I remember talking about this and someone told me that the rank should be called "traitor" instead of paladin. After some thought I tend to agree with him...

Eddie
21-12-05, 23:23
I personally don't mind the Paladin idea being buried and forgotten... why do we want to encourage people to faction hop? O_o

With some items being almost necessities (e.g. MOVEON), faction hopping is unavoidable at the moment.

And yes, I asked the same question about Paladins - there should be at least a title (so instead of saying CityAdmin, Master - it should say CityAdmin, Paladin).

Also, a reward would be nice!! (I can't think of a good RP reason to award it though - like who the reward would be from!)

Eddie

Digital-Talios
21-12-05, 23:31
well here my thought

all epics completed would only give you the following:

free faction switching regardless of faction symp.

no title no rewards

you did after all betray every playable faction in NC except the last one you finished :p

Eddie
21-12-05, 23:42
well here my thought

all epics completed would only give you the following:

free faction switching regardless of faction symp.

no title no rewards

you did after all betray every playable faction in NC except the last one you finished :p

Nope.. I'm against that..

It would let people change to DoY to buy some spells, use some OPs, then change to NC again to buy some other stuff....

Whilst people just log alts now to do the same thing... it would just make it even worse!

(All IMO, of course!)

Eddie

unreal
21-12-05, 23:45
Would be better if there was some sort of NPC you had to talk to after getting the rank that would allow you to switch to the specified faction as long as you have at least 0 sympathy with them, for a price too of course. (kind of like the TG epic reward NPC)

MasterChief
22-12-05, 00:03
is it just me or does the whole 'paladin' thing seem kinda... dumb...

if you think about it all its saying is that your completely un-loyal to any one faction and your basically a whore.

but it might be just me o_O

sultana
22-12-05, 00:19
The title should be changed to "Supermonk"

That'd be something worth getting :)

Dead Bodies
22-12-05, 01:29
I have completed all the epics in nc1 And no the paladan rank does not exsist only poor rumors and no the epics wer not broken there wer just no rewards E's all the way down is kinda nice tho....

hegemonic
22-12-05, 06:54
Just say NO to faction-hopping.

/me sets fire to this petition.

Mjk_cz
22-12-05, 11:57
Poke Poke Petition, I am for title Faction super whore, then i will sign it :)

Skusty
22-12-05, 13:14
Yeah, i saw some in the begining of nc2.

Superbron
22-12-05, 13:22
Make someone who has completed all epic runs a free citizen. Alliances and hostilities being decided by their F6.

Riddle
22-12-05, 13:29
There where some in the first weeks of NC2 but the rank tag was abused or something remember the Judges? GM's?

Think they removed it tbh and for the better

sultana
22-12-05, 14:08
There where some in the first weeks of NC2 but the rank tag was abused or something remember the Judges? GM's?

Think they removed it tbh and for the better
Kinda sorta.

By using the newline command, "/n", you could add another line to your rank, where you would normally see the "special" ranks, such as "Support Game Master", etc. I don't think anyone really "abused" it by impersonating a GM or anything. But it was taken out anyway cause it was a bug/probably could be abused.

Kyatoshimara
22-12-05, 14:16
REEZO em semble etait PALADIN mais vu qu'il nous on fermé la communauté fr n pourrapas voir la photo :D

Argent
22-12-05, 14:29
REEZO em semble etait PALADIN mais vu qu'il nous on fermé la communauté fr n pourrapas voir la photo :D

Is this the French forum? No, it's not.
Can you read? Yes, you can.
Are you ignoring the rules? Yes, you are.

Digital-Talios
22-12-05, 16:32
Would be better if there was some sort of NPC you had to talk to after getting the rank that would allow you to switch to the specified faction as long as you have at least 0 sympathy with them, for a price too of course. (kind of like the TG epic reward NPC)

people do that now... atleast the way i mentioned you worked to earn it.

BlackDove
22-12-05, 16:33
I went and finished all of the epics at the start of NC2.

No reward.

Bugs Gunny
22-12-05, 16:43
Just say NO to faction-Shopping.

Out of Controll
22-12-05, 17:36
Paladin or FraktionsBit** ?

IceStorm
22-12-05, 18:04
I finished all the Epics on my main once the PK reqs were removed (with a pause while they sorted out the BD fix NPC). It wasn't terribly difficult, and I ended up with 1.5 million more than I started with, somehow.

I wouldn't mind a title for having completed all 12 epics on one character. I don't see a problem with people cycling through all 12 factions on one char.

I don't care about faction hopping after completion. You'd need 90 symp in all 12 factions for that to be useful. Talk about grinding...

Dribble Joy
22-12-05, 18:25
Make the paladin title availiable when you have 100 symp with all factions.

Would need a symp rework though...