PDA

View Full Version : Patchnotes #152

SnowCrash
21-12-05, 15:33
Military Base Sec-1, Sec-3 and Military Entrance changed to "City Sector".
Fixed problems with Tacholytium Warbot spawn.
Reduced Amok Copbot spawn in the Gaia Mines.
Added Special Operation missions that allow you to raise your sympathy with a specific faction. The NPCs for these missions can be found in Tech Haven.
Modified the Soullight penalty system. Players who have a Soullight value of -63 or worse can now be eliminated without recieving the regular zone specific penalites. Furthermore players with a soullight below -63 now appear red, below 0 yellow.
Mr. Jones now appears again for new NEXT runners.
Fixed NEXT alliance chat.
Adjusted intelligence requirements for the Terminator Assault Quad.
Special Purpose Ammo Parts are now available at local weapon equipment vendors.
Adjusted weapon reload. The reload time is set to 2.5 seconds for every weapon. When the reload is technically accomplished, it is possible to fire the weapon again and the reload animation is cancelled. If no action is taken, the reload animation will finish normally. Further adjustements to this are being worked on.
Added new weather effect.
Updated models and effects of the Freezer weapons.

jj dynomite
21-12-05, 15:35
Adjusted weapon reload. The reload time is set to 2.5 seconds for every weapon. When the reload is technically accomplished, it is possible to fire the weapon again and the reload animation is cancelled. If no action is taken, the reload animation will finish normally. Further adjustements to this are being worked on.

Thank you sooo much. I'm very happy.

/edit - 1st

CMaster
21-12-05, 15:37
Good to see NEXT fixed.
Will wait on the reload.
SNOW?!
Wonder what hte quads reqs are.
"LOL" at how easy the special purpouse ammo part actually is to get.
How come guards shoot at neg32, and 5 items drop at neg 32, but we have to wait till they get to neg67 before being allowed to kill.

Eckhart
21-12-05, 15:41
Snow!
Symp Missions!
Reload Fix!

<3 Kk! :)

kurai
21-12-05, 15:42

Eeeeeeeeeeeeexcellent </Mr.Burns>

Thanks for listening and not just going with the `cancel reload only` option. :D

Ingthor
21-12-05, 15:44
Great - a reload time for PSI Booster

Foo
21-12-05, 15:58
Modified the Soullight penalty system. Players who have a Soullight value of -63 or worse can now be eliminated without recieving the regular zone specific penalites. Furthermore players with a soullight below -63 now appear red, below 0 yellow.

I Just want to try understand this , Runner A With -63 SL attacks Runner B With Nice clean +50 SL , Runner B attacks back and Kills runner A , does this mean runner B will not be punished ? , regardless what zone he/she in or does this mean something else?

Sorry just seems a little vague

Superbron
21-12-05, 16:10
Nice patchnotes. Can't wait to see if it's really snowing ingame :eek:

RusSki
21-12-05, 16:13
Special purpose ammo parts. Has anyone considered that it might be possible to mod the gun with an additional ammo type. Not just the pure prc type ppl have used in nf as this is the standard ammo.

I sure hope so

unreal
21-12-05, 16:16
I think anyone who has negative SL deserves to be shot without too much of a punishment, unless it's a hunting zone. Before people get lower than -63 they'll just whore the NPC's to get it back up these days anyway. So that deems this chunk of the patch rather pointless. Being unable to shoot people higher than -20 SL without large punishment should be reserved for hunting grounds.

[ edited ]

Vampire222
21-12-05, 16:17
<3 kk

Bugs Gunny
21-12-05, 16:38
Good job on correcting your mistake.

Inchenzo
21-12-05, 16:41
Nice to see the patch, got my first bug though; my freezer rifle ain't mounting correctly, it's hanging on my back sideways on the nozzle.

SNOW !!!!

Edit/spoiler: just read the patchlog, and there seems to be an elf ingame

Dribble Joy
21-12-05, 17:01
Spaffle cakes.

Amox
21-12-05, 17:09
why do i need to reload the tsunami epic rifle two times ???

why the new npc in th only speak something about they have no time and nothing ???

seams that this was a patch which was produced as fast as possible without testing

bye

kurai
21-12-05, 17:12
Edit/spoiler: just read the patchlog, and there seems to be an elf ingameI noticed that too .... KILLZ0R the pointy eared little bastard ! :D

I wonder if `elf_arrow_shot` will penetrate PowerArmour ?

Eddie
21-12-05, 17:31
Plasma Rifles seemed to be bugged...

If you hold down the fire button after you've emptied your gun, the gun plays the reload animation, and then if the button is still held down just before it adds the 20 shots into your gun in your quickbelt, the animation plays a second time - during which you cannot fire at all =/

It seems that another "check" for reload is performed just before the shots are credited, and another reload is performed.

Please please please oh please fix it!!

EDIT: This was tested with a FL.

Eddie

CMaster
21-12-05, 17:37
Simple solution - let go of the fire button for a fraction of a second when you see the reload anim start.

Tratos
21-12-05, 18:10
Nice to see the proposed fix didnt make it through and something along the lines of the previous system was added.

Snow = Cool, especialy with the new crimbo trees.

SL Fixes seem good

"Special Purpose Ammo Parts are now available at local weapon equipment vendors."

I thought this might have required a bit more but sounds alright anywhom and good to see fixes on things borked by 2.1 even if there isnt loads and loads :)

Eddie
Simple solution - let go of the fire button for a fraction of a second when you see the reload anim start.

I think I tried that and it didn't seem to work...

By "fraction of a second" I take it you don't mean about 2 seconds (just before the 2.5 seconds required to complete a reload), which is when the gun attempts to fire, realises it needs to reload, and does the whole reload thing again.

I just got it on a PE (Pain Easer) too.. same problem occurs...

This problem never occured before this patch: it would reload, and then fire as soon as possible when I had my fire button held down throughout.

Eddie

Digital-Talios
saw the snow at MB. The snow must be a more corrosive mixture then the usual rain that falls there becuase it was snowing through the bunker at MB!

SorkZmok
21-12-05, 18:13
Sounds neat. Especially the new weather, is it really snow? Can't await to see it!

Stupid 56k though, 1 hour to go. :mad: :mad: :mad:

BlackDove
21-12-05, 18:26
Images of snow please.

Also, good job on fixing-ish reload. Good to know you're still working on balancing it.

Tratos
21-12-05, 18:29
:D Teh snow

Dribble Joy
21-12-05, 18:37
You get double reload if you just hold down fire when you reach the end of a clip, other wise the new system works when you press reload.

cRazy-
21-12-05, 18:45
If that means i can now be GR ganked at MB that really sucks, and its going to ruin PvP now.

jini
21-12-05, 18:46
Plasma Rifles seemed to be bugged...

If you hold down the fire button after you've emptied your gun, the gun plays the reload animation, and then if the button is still held down just before it adds the 20 shots into your gun in your quickbelt, the animation plays a second time - during which you cannot fire at all =/

It seems that another "check" for reload is performed just before the shots are credited, and another reload is performed.

Please please please oh please fix it!!

EDIT: This was tested with a FL.

Eddie
same feeling

Vampire222
21-12-05, 18:50
If that means i can now be GR ganked at MB that really sucks, and its going to ruin PvP now.

Yup, means mb is back to the old shit, when EON used to run amok there.

cRazy-
21-12-05, 18:53
Bah thats crap, where are people going to PvP now?

I know in my opinion im never using the MB GR again, not going to risk it.

Eddie
21-12-05, 18:55
Yup, means mb is back to the old shit, when EON used to run amok there.

MB Sec 1 is still a safezone, and CM HQ (Sec 2) is not.... I wonder if that's intentional or not?

What's the Military Entrance sector? I can't remember if there is zone between J01 and MB-Sec1 (in which case this would be it)?

Eddie

Tratos
21-12-05, 19:00
MB Sec 1 is still a safezone, and CM HQ (Sec 2) is not.... I wonder if that's intentional or not?

What's the Military Entrance sector? I can't remember if there is zone between J01 and MB-Sec1 (in which case this would be it)?

Eddie

Yes, MB Enterance is the zone with the lift shaft.

cRazy-
21-12-05, 19:02

Eddie

Wasnt the city sector the one where you get heavy SL loss for killing allies and neutrals but rewarded for killing hostiles?

Eddie
21-12-05, 19:08
Yes, MB Enterance is the zone with the lift shaft.

In which case that's also not a safezone - I can assume it's a cityzone (I can't quite remember noticing, sorry!)?

And it seems that the reloading thing happens with ALL weapons - it happens on RC and PC at least...

Eddie

Scaramanga
21-12-05, 19:16

Just wondering, what's the point of Yellow SL if doesnt do anything different to Green?

Ryen
21-12-05, 19:34
Just wondering, what's the point of Yellow SL if doesnt do anything different to Green?

What's the point of a yellow traffic light?

Slow down.

Dribble Joy
21-12-05, 19:37
MB sec 1 is still a safezone, the lift shaft is acity zone, and yes that's where you loose SL for allied/neutral and rewarded for hostiles.

Paper Dragon
21-12-05, 19:51

Slow down.

That's possibly the greatest analogy I've ever heard on these forums. I salute you, Sir. :p

The patch itself is pretty spiffy: SNOW! I haven't seen the real stuff in ages, so I'll settle with the virtual equivelant.

Scaramanga
21-12-05, 19:58

Slow down.

Sorry about being vague there.
What i meant to say was : what is the point in yellow soullight if it doesnt do anything different to Green?
What the fuck's that got to do with traffic lights?
Before evo 2.1 you suffered no SL loss for killing yellow SL runners, What do i slow down for now it's different?

If a runner appears yellow it makes no difference to them appearing as green. So my point again is what is the point of yellow SL?

-FN-
21-12-05, 20:00
New Terminator Assault Reqs up on nc.syn (http://nc.synergyxr.net/list.php?cat=vehicles):

INT=18 STR=42 T-C=51 VHC=45 H-C=76

.Cyl0n
21-12-05, 20:07

Great

THANKS! :)
Very nice!

turbineS-line
21-12-05, 20:43
Problem:

Speed Gat, Plasma Cannon (cs), etc.

When firing, if you let the weapon reach it's last shot cycle, you will reload twice, basically. You'll go through the first portion of the reload anim, and then it'll cycle again. Doubling the reload time if you need to hold down the fire button (ie: op war when you don't give a shit about anything but locking onto a monk and staying there.)

Now, an unofficial fix:

On the last rounds before the reload, hit "r" for a manual reload. For my CS, I hit "r" on the last four shots. A manual reload allows the patched reload time to take place. On the last four shots, hit reload, hold the trigger, you'll enjoy the reload times.

Until it's officially fixed, we're stuck doing it this way.

Please fix!

SorkZmok
21-12-05, 21:49
If my gun starts to reload and i hit the fire button just a splitsecond to early, i get another reload that i can't stop. Funny shit.

Simply holding down fire all the time doesn't fix that for me, it just gives me the 2nd reload everytime.

:mad: Great fix. :wtf:

kurai
21-12-05, 21:51
Errrmmm .... now get rain and snow weather effects in desert/canyon zones.

Eddie
21-12-05, 23:15
If my gun starts to reload and i hit the fire button just a splitsecond to early, i get another reload that i can't stop. Funny shit.

Simply holding down fire all the time doesn't fix that for me, it just gives me the 2nd reload everytime.

:mad: Great fix. :wtf:

Yep, pressing "r" and THEN holding down the button doesn't work.

The only way is to let go of your fire button until after it refills your weapon - something that in the heat of PvP you won't remember to do.

Also, the second reload is stoppable isn't it? But not in the sense that you want to stop it in order to start firing again - you can switch to something else - but if you want to fire again, with the time taken to switch away and back, you might as well just wait until the animation takes its course.

And seeing as we've determined this isn't a problem with one type of weapon or one type of class, I'm sure it's really a high priority to fix before christmas!

(Please?)

Eddie

ZoVoS
21-12-05, 23:42
I WAS RIGHT

WE HAVE SNOW

WOOT WOOT WOOT

oh ye n some other crap like reloads fixed n mb changed :angel: WOOOOOT

now if only the game wasnt fucked n i could actualy play... it would make my xmas

wargolem
22-12-05, 03:51
sex just sex..... this needed to happen sooner but it came before xmas so its all good

netster
22-12-05, 10:11
pls remove snow INSIDE the ops (inside the undergrounds) + pls remove snow inside the TG HQ

Bugs Gunny
22-12-05, 10:17
Reload needs a bit of tweaking still but it's nice that it was fixed.

Snow... I like the touch, it realy adds to the atmosphere, but it shouldn't be in all zones during the year. And not in appartements etc.
Downside to snow is the massive fps drop. Large opfights in the snow will be interesting.

The genotoxic pistol loading and making the gun disappear is .... well.... maybe more testing should be done.

What i liked most about the patch was that the world is a lot brighter again.

honour
24-12-05, 00:07
:cool: cool patch.

love the snow! the mountain zones should be snow toped peaks! let the snow stay it looks great!

sod christmas keep the snow for good !

Eddie
24-12-05, 02:12
The genotoxic pistol loading and making the gun disappear is .... well.... maybe more testing should be done.

Has anyone tested the reload issue this patch? =D

(If you, *ahem* have any "doubts" about KK's fix - then try it in NF first? :-p)

And whilst I'm not affected by the pistol bug - could the community get a definitive answer on that? (A bit OT for this thread, I know..)

Also, regarding the snow - I guess there's no distinction between an "indoor" and "outdoor" (and distinctions within outdoor - e.g. "desert") zones - so snow falls everywhere. And also, it's client side for those who haven't noticed. But all in all, it's a nice festive gesture - which I'm sure they will come to perfect when they add more weather effects!

For now, I guess it'll suffice!

Eddie

unreal
24-12-05, 10:05
Nice touch, sure, but I wish they would do things properly instead of fucking things up constantly. As usual, they release a patch without testing it completely or thoroughly, then another patch to fix things they buggerd up, without testing it properly, then ANOTHER patch to fix things they broke with the previous patch, yet AGAIN, no doubt causing more yet to be seen problems.