PDA

View Full Version : Pe Pa 4

John Wu
21-12-05, 13:18
not sure if the question was already raised .. why is PE PA4 not black anymore? the grey one just looks..boring. and the highest lvl PA shouldnt look boring in my opinion.

would be cool if it was changed to black again, or at least make a camo PA4 (preferrably both :) )

I think being able to distinguish between the PAs is an important feature, to assess what kind of enemy you have to fight...

Spermy
21-12-05, 13:30
not sure if the question was already raised .. why is PE PA4 not black anymore? the grey one just looks..boring. and the highest lvl PA shouldnt look boring in my opinion.

would be cool if it was changed to black again, or at least make a camo PA4 (preferrably both :) )

I think being able to distinguish between the PAs is an important feature, to assess what kind of enemy you have to fight...

Rank? Weapon? The armour doesn't really stack up much extra resist either on top of what the other PA's give, and the drugs you need? I don;t really see the point of a PA 4 really :p

Anyhow - Ranks a pretty good indicator, as is the weapon. The only Indicator a PA 4 would give is what kinda drugs he's pumping and when they're gonna run out. - being able to differentiate would be cool, but it'd really be more of a pose value in my opinion.

If yer further away and rank doesn't show, it's not really much of a fight - you've popped off a chunk of his health before he even gets close :P

John Wu
21-12-05, 13:33
I dont want to discuss the point in wearing PA4, I just want it to look badass again.

judging your enemy by the weapon often doesnt work if you dont see his back - judging him by his rank doesnt work if you're not in melee range. but anyway, that was just another thought. my main issue was that I want it to look cool again. posing is important :D

LTA
21-12-05, 13:36
Yes bring back coloured pa's to be honest.

Hc - Black Blue camo
Mc - Silver (more metalic look lol) - Red - Camo

with both pa 4's being Gold or something

Same for pe's really just pc/rc and spies...

Just to show what level of pa it is mostly, i hate the fact all my pa's are grey for my tank, being a smurf back in the day was great :p

John Wu
21-12-05, 13:40
not gold please .. black will do fine. posing is good, but we're soldiers and not applying to be 'pimp of the month' :D but if there's a choice between gold and camo I wouldnt care, and you can have your pimp PA :p

LTA
21-12-05, 13:42
not gold please .. black will do fine. posing is good, but we're soldiers and not applying to be 'pimp of the month' :D but if there's a choice between gold and camo I wouldnt care, and you can have your pimp PA :p

the chances of seeing a tank in pa 4 ..... is rare and it would be posing coz i dont think its viable fighting armour anyway lol

PE black was pa4 ? so should stay that way :p

Top tank armour used to be red didnt it.

John Wu
21-12-05, 13:45
I didnt know/notice that all PAs are the same color now..thats why I only addressed PE PA. of course I want all PAs to be like they were before Evo.

Tratos
21-12-05, 13:53
PAs are still coloured but much lighter due to the new lighting techniques but the bug which made PAs become the default colour after zoning a bit seems to be back :(

Would be nice to see PAs coloured properly instead of having the overlay they do now although im no sure what that would require to be done (Not alot i assume) and a varation in model between classes (i.e. Heavy & Melee, Rifle & Pistol, etc) would also be sweet.

Wonder if we can get KK to include new PA models and stuff in Evo 2.2 since they're doing NPC and Player models

sultana
21-12-05, 14:12
PA4 looked black to me when a friend was on his PE using it. It might just be somehow bugged on your screen only.

Though I have seen slasher PEs running around in grey PA.

John Wu
21-12-05, 14:14
a friend of mine says it looks black to him too - but everyone else I talked to sees grey. I blamed his brightness settings and drug abuse :D

strange.

doesnt matter, fix the bug, or change the color, whatever applies :)

Hazuki
21-12-05, 14:36
remembering the good old red pa4 with str 155.
every gm used to wear it..

grey, blue, yellow/gold, red

damn, i want those times back

but black is nice as well ;)

CMaster
21-12-05, 14:44
SInce evo 2.1, most PAs all look trhe same - all PEs look the same, all tanks, all monks and all spies (except para). But evey so often I see a spy that still manages to have blue pistol PE, rather than the grey everyone else has (including lots of pistol spies). Or I see a PPU with a distincltly blue cloak rather than the gold one everyone else has. But mostly these days every PA looks the same, no matter what model for each class.

John Wu
21-12-05, 14:50
now that you mention it, I've seen two PPUs with blue PA as well this week. really seems to be a bug - could some official say if it is, and if there's a chance it will get fixed with the next patch? ppplease :)

sultana
21-12-05, 15:10
Well, I was outside MB today, and a PE was there with black pa on. Then when we zoned inside it turned grey. So maybe it turns grey to everyone after you zone. Or something like that.

eLcHi
21-12-05, 15:17
They should make the PA colours changeable ...

ok, that would suck with monks but what DOESNT suck with monks ? :D

Weet, PE in yellow PA ftw

PaKi
21-12-05, 15:51
They should make the PA colours changeable ...

I like that would give us some kind of individualism :-) So making PA colors changeable at the outfitters and make em stay in these colors after zoning is a nice idea I think :-) PPL can get their black PA's back and everyone can get the colors he likes :) It might even make more op fights more intresting and bring tactics more into the game. You get get a clan color for the whole clan, or if everyone got diffrent colors easier target calling (get that purple guy down :-P)

c yas

a$$

Foo
21-12-05, 16:20
You used to be able to change the PA colors back in the day when u could change ur cloth colors at rockwear(Well when there was no PE/Monk PA's) I remember being a month old newbie and seeing these tanks in plaza1 with dif color PA's on (im talking red/white/blue etc).

RogerRamjet
21-12-05, 16:22
You used to be able to change the PA colors back in the day when u could change ur cloth colors at rockwear(Well when there was no PE/Monk PA's) I remember being a month old newbie and seeing these tanks in plaza1 with dif color PA's on (im talking red/white/blue etc).

Thats coz the Tank PAs were red/white/blue, lol.

It should be brought back tbh.

Foo
21-12-05, 16:24
nonono , u would go rokkwear , take off PA , chose ur color then before clicking accept , u would put PA back on and click accept
upon doing so ur PA would change color.

kurai
21-12-05, 16:30
Like this ? (`natural` PA colours)

http://www.zen67459.zen.co.uk/random/PA-group-2.jpg

and this ... ? (Rokkwear tinkered PA colours)

http://www.zen67459.zen.co.uk/random/NeoPowerRangers2.jpg

:D

Foo
21-12-05, 16:31
hahah yes just like that :D , damm the memories :)