PDA

View Full Version : I'm bored in-game...

Ios - Terra
21-12-05, 07:30
I've collected all the items I want, bought all the apartments I want, and leveled my character up a lot. I need more items to collect, easily the best part of any MMOG. Seriously.

Tostino
21-12-05, 07:34
I've collected all the items I want, bought all the apartments I want, and leveled my character up a lot. I need more items to collect, easily the best part of any MMOG. Seriously.
Other then PvP. But sadly pvp is not fun with the reload times the way they are right now.

Ios - Terra
21-12-05, 07:43
PvL (Player vs. Lag) or PvFR (Player vs. Frame Rate) is more like it.

msdong
21-12-05, 08:01
have you filled up a dragon app with small boxes ?
if not start to collect now :)

but you are right - there need to be more items

Ios - Terra
21-12-05, 19:34
I'm bumping this because it's true. And I'm tight.

Paper Dragon
21-12-05, 19:46
Sooo....why are you still here? o_O

If you've exhausted all the content, and you're not having fun, why not just take a dignified bow and leave the game? Or would you prefer Reakktor go the SOE route and add "content" in the form of needing to grind for months on end so you can make a slightly better pistol?

Just seems a little odd to hang around under these circumstances, that's all.

Ios - Terra
21-12-05, 20:12
Because this games atmosphere has a lot of potential, I enjoy the look and feel of it. So don't give me the cock eye because even you know there isn't enough content in the form of "loot"

Ios - Terra
21-12-05, 20:15
I will add character customization is lacking as well, everyone looks exactly the same especially when they reach powered armor status. I've been playing Neocron since 2002 so I've hung around long enough. Honestly the only new weapon models I've seen added were the x-bow and the samurai sword that only newbies can use O_o now there's an appropriate use for the cock-eyed emoticon.

Koshinn
21-12-05, 20:17
get woc1 on a pe

Dade Murphey
21-12-05, 20:17

Have you collected all the trophey's there are to collect? Have you got all the faction items? Have you got the drop only items? Have you been everywhere and seen everything?

edit: the look of the character doesn't/shouldn't matter...that in no way effects game play...and the new skins for the guns count as new models don't they?

Paper Dragon
21-12-05, 20:19
Because this games atmosphere has a lot of potential, I enjoy the look and feel of it. So don't give me the cock eye because even you know there isn't enough content in the form of "loot"

Actually, no, I'm not giving you the "cock eye" because of that (FYI: All MMORPGs could do with more loot, but that doesn't mean it makes a better game. Look at WoW, for example), I'm giving you the cock eye because it seems quite apparent you don't enjoy the game beyond it's atmosphere.

As I said before, if you're not enjoying the game - as a game, rather than a piece of ambience - why are you still around? Will being tossed a few more items really make the game perfectly wonderful again?

At the end of the day, items are just the digital equivelant of carrots on a stick.

Ios - Terra
21-12-05, 20:20
Nah, I'm not asking for ideas to increase my interest in the current game formula. I'm asking for something clear cut and no bullshit, more items, weapons, and armor.

Paper Dragon
21-12-05, 20:21
Nah, I'm not asking for ideas to increase my interest in the current game formula. I'm asking for something clear cut and no bullshit, more items, weapons, and armor.

You asked for more items, and he gave you some more items.

New weapons and armour will only go so far; trophies, et al, can keep you occupied without the need to tread around for more "up to date" equipment.

Ios - Terra
21-12-05, 20:26
Actually, no, I'm not giving you the "cock eye" because of that (FYI: All MMORPGs could do with more loot, but that doesn't mean it makes a better game. Look at WoW, for example), I'm giving you the cock eye because it seems quite apparent you don't enjoy the game beyond it's atmosphere.

As I said before, if you're not enjoying the game - as a game, rather than a piece of ambience - why are you still around? Will being tossed a few more items really make the game perfectly wonderful again?

At the end of the day, items are just the digital equivelant of carrots on a stick.

Actually yes, I used to play EQ and I would have to plan out specific routes in order to obtain what I wanted for my class and it usually resulted in lots of dungeon crawls and working with lots of other classes. Neocron is pretty tight but there just is not enough content in the form of loot if I can start a rifle spy and collect just about every piece of high end gear I want in 25 days. As far as using EQ as an example the game was a total time sink and has just been a total strain on humanity as a whole but at least their were new items added almost every week.

Paper Dragon
21-12-05, 20:28
Actually yes, I used to play EQ and I would have to plan out specific routes in order to obtain what I wanted for my class and it usually resulted in lots of dungeon crawls and working with lots of other classes. Neocron is pretty tight but there just is not enough content in the form of loot if I can start a rifle spy and collect just about every piece of high end gear I want in 25 days. As far as using EQ as an example the game was a total time sink and has just been a total strain on humanity as a whole but at least their were new items added almost every week.

Why was it a time sink? Precisely because of all those items and the like being added.

You're contradicting yourself; you want more items, yet you abhor time sinks. How can you have one without the other?

Reakktor could add alternate "end game" equipment, but let's be realistic; in a PvP-centric game, people will flock to the "best" combination, regardless of how many combinations you can actually make.

Ios - Terra
21-12-05, 20:34
You asked for more items, and he gave you some more items.

New weapons and armour will only go so far; trophies, et al, can keep you occupied without the need to tread around for more "up to date" equipment.

Who said I don't have all the trophies (useless), faction items, blah blah blah. I'm not being nasty here, I just feel that a lot of people who subscribe to this game are being to accepting to the lack of content. The empty empty EMPTY wastelands, dungeons, and sewers. I think every outpost should have some sort of NPC with a dropable item and they would have guards blah blah blah and they would only attack you if you engaged them first, it would make outpost feel like they're actually inhabited with soldiers and also give us a reason to attack them. :) I dunno, I have ideas up the wazzoo. KK just takes forever to add stuff. I mean thanks for the new weapon models but they look way too cartoony star-wars-ish except for the Fusion family those weapons look fuckin' badass.

Ios - Terra
21-12-05, 20:35
Why was it a time sink? Precisely because of all those items and the like being added.

You're contradicting yourself; you want more items, yet you abhor time sinks. How can you have one without the other?

Reakktor could add alternate "end game" equipment, but let's be realistic; in a PvP-centric game, people will flock to the "best" combination, regardless of how many combinations you can actually make.

Wrong, it's a time sink due to leveling not obtaining items, sorry I wasn't more clear.