PDA

View Full Version : Can't access terra

Eneco
21-12-05, 04:23
I was playing on terra for several hours earlier today on a few different chars. One time after a run time error, I tried to log back in to terra but another run time occured. So now I can't even get back on to terra, which is where all my chars are, because every time I try to do so, I get a run time error. Just now I tried to get on the other servers like Neptune, ect., even though I don't have any chars on them, and they worked fine. I just can't get onto terra. :-( Are there any solutions for this? Just time or what? Thanks for any help.

SnowCrash
21-12-05, 08:30
Go into the /def/ folder of your Neocron 2 install and delete the folder named Terra(ENG), then normally start the game again. Don't worry you do not need to download anything again. You just seem to have some corrupt configuration files.

Eneco
21-12-05, 09:03
so.. go to "Neocron 2 install" and find the "/def/" folder, and then delete something called "terra(ENG)"? Ok, thanks, Ill try that. But if thats wrong just post back because I won't be able to try it until morning anyways.

Eneco
21-12-05, 22:21
Alright, I tried all this, but it isn't working so far.
I went into a folder in C drive, in program files, called "neocron 2"
In that folder I went into a folder called "defs"
In that folder there is a folder called "Terra(ENG)" (also there are other folders like "Mars(GER)," and "Neptune(PvP)," etc., there are also a bunch of documents called "DEF" files, if that has anything to do with it)
Anyways, I deleted the "Terra(ENG)" folder, although there was nothing inside so I don't exactly see what it would do.
I ran NC2.1, upgraded the patch, etc, etc, and then clicked on terra. The same run time error occured. I went back to the defs folder and "Terra(ENG)" was still there like I hadn't deleted it. So I tried deleting it again. Run time error occured again, and "Terra(ENG)" came back again.
I don't know if I'm deleting the right folder or what, but its not working :-(
Any other help would be appreciated.

Eneco
21-12-05, 22:31
Ok, nevermind, its not just terra, its probably all of them. I just tried creating a new char on Neptune, but after I had selected name and race, a run time error stopped me from proceding to the next screen. The only difference is that with terra I couldn't even get to the character selection screen. I guess all the files are corrupted. Is there any solution to this one?