PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitor Neocron

Drake6k
20-12-05, 23:10
A few days ago I hooked another 21" monitor up and I'm running a dual monitor display right now. This is what Neocron looks like.. It's in windowed mode with the resolution cranked way up in the neocron.ini file. :D

http://www.jackdiehl.com/neocron/dualneocron.jpg

cRazy-
20-12-05, 23:13
haha that looks awesome.

ZoVoS
20-12-05, 23:14
ohhh ill have to test mine later

rob444
21-12-05, 02:40
lol, would be funny if you could get a 180 degree view :lol:

IceStorm
21-12-05, 02:52
That doesn't look like an increased field of view to me, it looks like you running NC at the wrong aspect ratio. Everything looks "fat", like what happens when you stretch a 4:3 TV image to fit a 16:9 display.

If there's a way to get NC to run at 16:9, I'd love to know what it is. I wouldn't mind playing NC on my 42" HDTV in something around 1280x720.

rob444
21-12-05, 03:00
I would like to try out neocron on a projector sometime, that would be nice. I'm not so sure about dolby surround, I don't think neocron supports it? :confused:

kurai
21-12-05, 07:33
All we need now is fonts that actually scale to something readable at better resolutions than those from the year 1995.

BIG HINT, KK ! :rolleyes:

Bishop Yutani
15-02-06, 00:09
you're not in 16:9 or 4:3 if you put two monitors next to each other.

if you have two 4:3s next to each other you have 8:3, so Neocron would have to allow customer resolutions (probably not)

Try 2048x768

and then post pics. :D

Agent L
15-02-06, 02:12
Yes, NC does nothing about keeping the aspect ratio, it just keeps view fulstrum corners in target area cornes. I sometimes play in 1024x1024 and it's all stretched vertically.

yavimaya
15-02-06, 12:53
Cant remember what the command to put in your .ini was, maybe Niddy knows, and can fill us in.

But at minimum, NC1 "supported" all resolutions, atleast it supproted widescreen, and said that any other resolution could be tested if people like. :)

StevenJ
15-02-06, 18:14
I once played Quake 3 on a projector whilst working [or not] late.

I sat right in front of it, slumped low down so I didn't obscure the projection much - trying to get it as much of my field of view taken by the screen. Within 30 seconds, I had something very close to insanely bad motion sickness that seemed to last hours.. I was so disappointed, I was really looking forward to it :(

Heavyporker
15-02-06, 20:03
wow... motion sickness?

Hmm... maybe if you moved back further, so the projected field didn't COMPLETELY encompass your view.

*or* put something real in front of the view, like a tall paperweight or vase, or hell, your drink.

That way, your brain has a reference to your REAL orientation, so your avatar's movements doesn't conflict with your inner-ear balance.

Xeno LARD
15-02-06, 20:16
I've played NC on a projector once, it was fine.

My char in 3rd person was the same size as me :D.

eprodigy
16-02-06, 00:31
2 monitors usually isnt great for a games. right where you shoot is between the two monitors ;)

ive always wanted to try it though as well ;)

i have played NC with a projecter and wireless kb/m. is nice.

Brew
16-02-06, 00:46
what you want is three monitors, so you have an unobscured field of view directly in front, with additional periphery video.

it makes FPS games exceptionally more immersive

toss in a pair of these (http://www.edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28) and you got the closest thing to VR as youre getting at home

StevenJ
16-02-06, 00:58
Ahh, they're what got me started rigging up the projector to play games - seeing those goggles got me thinking about how cool (and scary) virtual reality could be even if was just complete blackout of everything else and controls were the same (would feel even sicker I suspect...).

Do you (or anyone else) have a pair of those Brew? If so, are they as good as they sound? I'd completely forgotten about them until just now, and I want them again.. Though I do worry if I started there, I'd never stop until I'd spent an obsene amount of money perfecting the experience... there'd always be something else...

Brew
16-02-06, 02:35
i have a pair but havent used them that much since the ATI drivers have no natve 3D support like the nvidia drivers do, so the performance and visuals aren't as good as they could be

I did bring them into work where my computer has an nvidia card and its definitely astounding.. played some quake3 and wound up spending the whole time just firing rockets down a hallway.

thats the cool thing about shutter glasses -- its an actual 3D image. When the left eye is turned off, it draws what the right eye should see, and vice versa.

you might go crosseyed a bit when first using them, but you can adjust the left/right differential via hotkeys to find the most comfortable viewing depth.

/infomercial

Karandras
16-02-06, 03:14
All we need now is fonts that actually scale to something readable at better resolutions than those from the year 1995.

BIG HINT, KK ! :rolleyes:

id rather a pvp fix tbh.