PDA

View Full Version : Dots canceled when zoning

Zeninja
20-12-05, 17:16
You may have noticed that any poison/xray/fire dot is uneffective when someone is leaving to another zone. In other words, anyone is able to reach zero Body Health from a Devourer (or any weapon/spell with dots) then zonewhore at the right time without taking any risk of dying, since zoning is simply canceling any stacking damages.

I suppose that it's directly linked to the fact that KK modified Heal in NC1 so as to prevent people from abusing of "zonehealing".

I think they should really bring back things like they used to be, cause it's not worth allowing people to get rid of dots simply zoning only to avoid zonehealing, imho. I'm just sick of wasting my time owning people with a dev/xray-wyatt/fire-apo/whatever to see them staying alive only exploiting zoning.

What do you think of this ?

Dargeshaad
20-12-05, 17:19
What do you think of this ?
I think you should stay away from zonelines if you feel it's that big of an issue

Zeninja
20-12-05, 17:20
I think you should stay away from zonelines if you feel it's that big of an issue
This is just impossible. Try to fight in Pp3 or any city sector without allowing people to reach a sewer/synch, no way.

Same goes for OP defenders.

Bugs Gunny
20-12-05, 17:22
It was implemented since apus were using it to kill noobs, poisonstacking them and then zoning out, going back in and hacking their belts without sl loss.

Zeninja
20-12-05, 17:31
It was implemented since apus were using it to kill noobs, poisonstacking them and then zoning out, going back in and hacking their belts without sl loss.
Bullshit. Noobs are wearing a LE afaik :rolleyes:

Mighty Max
20-12-05, 17:34
Sure it is nonsense. What would it have changed? Not the victim zoned but the attacker, which (of course) didnt have the stack on him.

(Not to mention that it were also poisoned guns & rifles back then)

Doesnt mean you cant rely on Bugs "facts" :angel:

LTA
20-12-05, 17:34
Bullshit. Noobs are wearing a LE afaik.

No its fact

You could stack any person of any faction to high heaven with poison and zone to avoid sl loss and then come back and take there stuff or even better if it was someone u was teamed with since you wouldnt even have to hack just get a free belt.

Kozmos
20-12-05, 17:37
Bullshit. Noobs are wearing a LE afaik :rolleyes:

didnt matter, what used to happen was APU's would lay poison or fire barrels, and zone, the barrel would then effect newbs with LE's, they would die.
And also stacking alot ofpoison on people with a beam then zoning to miss the SL hit.

Zeninja
20-12-05, 17:40
No its fact

You could stack any person of any faction to high heaven with poison and zone to avoid sl loss and then come back and take there stuff or even better if it was someone u was teamed with since you wouldnt even have to hack just get a free belt.
You just brought to the fore another game weakness (and I fear we may all get a forum ban for mentionning an exploit, nvm...).

I remember of getting random SL loss in my earlier NC1 days, which I reported as a bug. What I got as an answer from support was something like "you may lose SL because of damages you inflicted to a runner in another zone some minutes ago, when he died without your knowing".

Does it mean fixing "my" problem would fix another "exploit" at the same time ?

Kozmos
20-12-05, 17:43
You just brought to the fore another game weakness (and I fear we may all get a forum ban for mentionning an exploit, nvm...).

I remember of getting random SL loss in my earlier NC1 days, which I reported as a bug. What I got as an answer from support was something like "you may lose SL because of damages you inflicted to a runner in another zone some minutes ago, when he died".

Does it mean fixing "my" problem would fix another "exploit" at the same time ?

Its not an exploit, because its fixed, its fixed, because stancks are negated when either party zones

Bugs Gunny
20-12-05, 17:43
I'm glad there's some other oldies who remember the good old days :-)

If you think that was bad? The current gammemechanics allow for a LOT worse griefing. If you want to know, PM me, as Nidhogg is just waiting to find an excuse to ban me, and i wanna see him do it breaking his own rules :D

Zeninja
20-12-05, 17:45
Its not an exploit, because its fixed, its fixed, because stancks are negated when either party zones
What I call "another exploit" here is the fact you're able to cancel SL loss with zoning whereas you inflicted more than 15% dmg to a runner.

And I can PM you the answer I got from exploit@neocron.com last week, confirming to me that it IS considered as an exploit (now they make me laugh, am I supposed to use Fraps to report such exploit ?!)

Drake6k
20-12-05, 22:12
I'm just sick of wasting my time owning people with a dev/xray-wyatt/fire-apo/whatever to see them staying alive only exploiting zoning.

What about the person that puts the damage stacks on, THEN zones. The whole point is that people hit and ran with dots.

retr0n
21-12-05, 00:34
I remember the lameass apus griefing newbies in plaza aggies.

Man that was annoying, and yes that was the reason why they changed the
system to stacks-not-working-when-either-side-zones. If you heal someone
and you zone, the heal wont work, same if the you heal someone and he zones,
also doesn't work. Both have to be in the same zone now for any kind of stacks
to work.