PDA

View Full Version : Petition: Starting from January 2006: Only Bug Fixes!

Robert [GS]
20-12-05, 15:37
We all know, that Neocron 2 have many Bugs. Bugs, which existed from Beta 4 still Neocron 1. Our suggestion: Starting from January 2006 still Evol. 2.2, K have only to fix bugs! (and a little bit content)! That means: 6 months only bug fixes / (None) A little of Content! Under Bugs I understand: texture errors, map errors, systems errors etc. We all know, that Neocron, without any Bugs, have a better basis for further updates has!

Poll options:
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

I Love my English ^^
THX to LeoPump :)

Neocron's FanBoy No. 1
Robert [GS]

.Cyl0n
20-12-05, 16:08
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=130807

Ja :P

/E Add balance to your list tho... most important imo

sultana
20-12-05, 16:20
I'd rather, you know, have some of the games aspects balanced sometime closer to now then 6 months.

jini
20-12-05, 16:30
[x] yes
[ ] no
Furthemore: bring the poll option back! why is it gone?

Nidhogg
20-12-05, 16:34
This will never happen. Where do we stop with this? Do the art department do bug fixes? The storyline guy? The event team? Support GMs? Me? Surely the best solution is to get new content and bug fixes?

N

jini
20-12-05, 16:36
[x] yes
[ ] no ^^

But at least give us POLLS!!

Torg
20-12-05, 16:39
This will never happen. Where do we stop with this? Do the art department do bug fixes? The storyline guy? The event team? Support GMs? Me? Surely the best solution is to get new content and bug fixes?
N
someone stop this guy. he's right. again....

.Cyl0n
20-12-05, 16:46

N

Doesnt change the fact that this game needs bug fixes / balance issues fixed badly...

Paper Dragon
20-12-05, 17:00

N

Get back in that kitchen and make me some damn patches, PR guy.

/me shakes fist

Mighty Max
20-12-05, 17:03
Doesnt change the fact that this game needs bug fixes / balance issues fixed badly...

Yet it changes the fact that there cant be ALL resources bound to bugfixing as petitioned - Which is what this thread is about.

:edit: Bugs, as you mentioned you quit, it was quite a relieve. How about you making your words true? Making an example that your words are more then just to be ignored.

Bugs Gunny
20-12-05, 17:04
Surely the best solution is to get new content and bug fixes?
N

That one made me laugh.
Your jokes are getting better each day.

Nananine
20-12-05, 17:12
That one made me laugh.
Your jokes are getting better each day.

Yours aren't.

Dargeshaad
20-12-05, 17:13
[ edited ]

Bugs Gunny
20-12-05, 17:26
[ edited ]

Eckhart
20-12-05, 17:37
[ ] yes
[x] no

Content and bugfixes please.

nobby
20-12-05, 17:56
Fuck content to be honest...
All "new" content I've seen, I see all in about 5 minutes!
Not being ungreatful

But I'd rather have Bug fixes...

THEN CONTENT!

Hell-demon
20-12-05, 18:06
even after evo 2.2 there will be the same old bugs present. might as well fix 'em sooner than later :)

Spermy
20-12-05, 18:09
{no}

I'd love the departments to fix bugs related to thier work. But I also feel that constant new content is needed to bring more people.

Vampire222
20-12-05, 18:16
Big fuck you to more bugged content, fix the game up, fix the damn reload, fix the bullshit ug barreling, more open genreps tru the wastes or removal of the security bullshit, isn't nc supposed to be a fast paced mmorpgfps.

kurai
20-12-05, 18:51
Where do we stop with this? Do the art department do bug fixes? The storyline guy? The event team? Support GMs? Me ?Well - if they fuck something up, then yes - doesn't seem unreasonable to expect them to fix it.

Examples :-

Art Department: Collision boxes around world object models either ludicrously large, or non existent (i.e. trees/fences/rocks). Knackered models/skins (too may to list). Object models not interacting/clipping properly with other objects (i.e. weapon models on player models. Player models in vehicles. (Well - vehicle models with anything, really)) etc. etc. etc.
Obviously there are overlap issues with core code/engine implementation, but ... do these guys even talk to each other a lot of the time ?

Storyline Guy: I am not an expert on the NC world history and plot developmentsm but there have been a few continuity errors that even I have managed to spot - can't say I'm overly bothered tho - just mentioned to make the point.

The event team?: This is almost another `devil's advocate` thing - events are rare enough that I'm loathe to criticise them for fear they'll become even more scarce.
*But* the obvious example that springs to mind is "CLEAR UP AFTER YOURSELF, Mr. GM!"
i.e. after the event is done don't vanish and leave a crapload of uber-power mobs scattered around stuck in walls and shit in areas where noobs generally hang out. (also a shitload of player belts stuck in poor bounding/collision box areas such as behind gogus or under boxes)

Support GMs ?: Not gonna bite on this one, other than to say some SGMs are *definitely* more useful / clueful / helpful / communicative than others ... but that's just human nature, and most times even a ... sub-optimal ... SGM is better than no SGM.

Me?: I'm well aware that board mod/support people's roles only intersect tangentially with most of the things above, if at all - so this one is a bit of a non-sequitur. I've never really had a problem with forum related regulation (I'm generally amazed that the level of professionalism stays as high as it is, considering the sheer volume of user fucktardery that has to be endured each day).

Obviously some issues are more important than others in affecting the whole mechanics and user experience of the game, but there *is* a general perception that fuckups are often just left alone and ignored - sometimes for *years* ... even critical ones.

To the end user, not privy to the prioritisation hierarchy and decision making tree (assuming there is such a formal process), the reasons for why (and how) some things happen and some things don't is utterly opaque and can often appear mind bendingly bizarre.

Ryen
20-12-05, 19:26
I would like to see the entire programming team dedicated to bug fixes, and the art team devoted to finding a solution to the pe lip bug.

ZoVoS
20-12-05, 20:01
Poll options:
[ ] Yes
[x] No

Dogface
20-12-05, 20:13
Aslong as we get Evo 2.2 within AT MOST six month's, I don't care what they do aslong as it doesn't get any worse.

xyl_az
20-12-05, 20:16
game balance first

Dade Murphey
21-12-05, 07:25
I'm really not sure how to go on this one

There's a number of bugs and balance issues that need to be addressed...there's no denying it

But I really REALLY want some sort of storyline...If you've ever played AC I think the way they do their storyline is great and something along those lines would benifit nc greatly...but as it is the only sort of ingame story I've seen is GM spawned events that, if you happen to be on at the right time, you might get to participate in. Maybe I've missed something new as I haven't been playing a lot lately, but that's not really storyline in my opinion....

If I have to choose though

[x]Yes - Bug Fixes/Balancing then content devlopement/gfx updating

l8m0n
21-12-05, 11:04
I feal sorry for the people that its there job to do all the bug fixes, because they cannot have enough people to do their job/not gettin paid enough to work longer hours to sort the problem. KK just need to pay for more people tbh, then we mite have a bug free game :p