PDA

View Full Version : Damage

Mjk_cz
20-12-05, 12:14
Is there anyw ay how t cehck monster's resitances? like what are captain agresors, wbs, cyclops, doy robots resistant to or what kind of damage they do :)? Thanks for any answer

Riddle
20-12-05, 12:39
First off they tend to have the same resist as the damage they do i.e
Scorpions do Fire damage and resist fire
Aggies do Force/Pierce and resist the same
WB's Do Xray/Energy and resist the same
DOY units do Xray/energy and resist the same

General rule look at what they hit you with if its a projectile ie bullet(aggie), Launcher(Rocket) then its Force/Pierce.

You knida just got to learn them, besides i'm not going to get this into a debate on what does what as everyone has their own ideas ;) and i'm sure someone will argue with one of my above assumptions :lol:

vices
20-12-05, 13:10
General rule look at what they hit you with if its a projectile ie bullet(aggie), Launcher(Rocket) then its Force/Pierce.

Aren't rockets Force/Fire based?

sultana
20-12-05, 14:39
Aren't rockets Force/Fire based?
They're usually force/fire/pierce based. Though they can be modded.

Though from what I gather, all mobs are resistant to just one type of damage. And all the rest of the damage types just do the same damage they would normally do. None of the mobs (afaik) are resistant to force/pierce based weapons. Aggies, Launchers and Warbots are resistant to xray.

I'm not quite sure if Warbots are resistant to poison or not. It was said when they implemented the mobs resistance that mechanical mobs should not be affected by poison. But they still take damage from it, I just can't remember if it's less then it should be.

CMaster
20-12-05, 14:43
Yeah, all mechanicla mobs are resistant to xray and VERY resistant to poison.
reportedly chaos cave mobs don't resist poison though. The new Reagant's guys seem strong vs Xray and vs Fire. I don't know of any mob thats strong vs pierce/force - muties are resistant to xray.

Dogface
20-12-05, 15:16
Warbots are weak to fire, right?
I'd agree with what everyones saying, including the part about chaos mobs don't resist poison more than anything else really. Same goes for fire mobs, my PoB Tank used to absolutely tear through chaos mobs and the fire mobs around there.. Just as not damage as Devils Grace if not more. Either way it was a prefered weapon in there. *misses melee tank :(
Drones are resistant to anything that has a damage over time pattern and poison. Which means they arn't that strong in CRP (poison cave) but are a lot stronger in the Graves (poison cave).
I think fire mobs are weak to energy too.
I don't think many things are really that resistant to force, especially warbots.

sultana
20-12-05, 15:18
Yeah, all mechanicla mobs are resistant to xray and VERY resistant to poison.
reportedly chaos cave mobs don't resist poison though. The new Reagant's guys seem strong vs Xray and vs Fire. I don't know of any mob thats strong vs pierce/force - muties are resistant to xray.
Ah ok.

The Chaos Cave mobs are resistant only to fire. I remember back at the start of nc2, I went caving there on my apu and was using my holy pestilence. After about 3-4 barrels, you started seeing 400+ pop off their heads.

Skusty
20-12-05, 15:44
If i remember right, wbs can take more FIRE dmg than ENERGY.

And you shall not use XRAY on Aggies.

Mjk_cz
20-12-05, 16:09
Thanks all for answers :)

sultana
20-12-05, 16:14
If i remember right, wbs can take more FIRE dmg than ENERGY.
They take the exact same damage from fire then from energy. Mobs don't have a "weakness" so to speak, the just have 1 or 2 damage types that they are resistant to.

Mjk_cz
21-12-05, 11:32
Is there anything resistant to energy? Seems for me energy is then best element cept pvp :> Poison caves works, elfarid works, wb works, cyclops works, aggies works :P

sultana
21-12-05, 11:54
I can't remember anything off the top of my head. At least all the main mobs, likes the ones you've listed aren't resistant to energy.

RogerRamjet
21-12-05, 16:18
Only energy resistant mobs are the soul clusters in the worm caves at Tescom and Yutano.